Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable

• 08-01-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Any idea's when the new timetable is gonna be up? I'm going on TP next semester so I'm hoping for a handy semester for the few weeks I'm in college. And then rub in the fact that I'll only have roughly 15 hours to all my friends who'll have 20+ :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

timetables normally out two weeks before going back so the 13th.

As for hours because of doing TP this will depend on what subjects you're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

iLaura wrote: »
    Any idea's when the new timetable is gonna be up? I'm going on TP next semester so I'm hoping for a handy semester for the few weeks I'm in college. And then rub in the fact that I'll only have roughly 15 hours to all my friends who'll have 20+ :D

The words TP and handy semester do not go in the same sentence. College hours wise, I suppose it's as handy as teachers get it over 4 years. But you will have lesson plans coming out your ears by the end of the semester. And don't get me started on those reflections....

The Bogman wrote: »
    The words TP and handy semester do not go in the same sentence. College hours wise, I suppose it's as handy as teachers get it over 4 years. But you will have lesson plans coming out your ears by the end of the semester. And don't get me started on those reflections....

Very very true!!! In my experience most of the education courses are alright coursework wise during TP except for science ed of course! The workload is ridiculous for us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I just went to look and my timetable is coming up blank so I'd say it will be updated over the next few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

According to a mail sent to the staff list today the timetables are up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I just went to look and my timetable is coming up blank so I'd say it will be updated over the next few days

stick in your id number here..

http://tt.daniel.ie/

It's up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Can they be accessed? ITD have shutt down the servers for work this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jester252 wrote: »
    Can they be accessed? ITD have shutt down the servers for work this weekend

Yup. Both daniel.ie and timetable.ul.ie are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

How would I go about changing a lab time? I have a lab on Friday evening at 4-6, which really isn't possible as I've to catch a bus back for work.

Is it a big deal to switch to a different lab time, do I have to find someone to swap with? Getting someone to switch to Friday at 4-6 haha some chance :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

How would I go about changing a lab time? I have a lab on Friday evening at 4-6, which really isn't possible as I've to catch a bus back for work.

Is it a big deal to switch to a different lab time, do I have to find someone to swap with? Getting someone to switch to Friday at 4-6 haha some chance :(

It'll fully depend on the lecturer.

Most lecturers tend to hate those lab times as much as students, and will often work to try and move it to earlier in the day/week.

If that's not possible, most lecturers won't have a problem with you just going to another lab.

However, there is a possibility, especially in large classes, that the lecturer could say you have to go to your assigned lab. The college week is 9am Monday to 6pm Friday and you're technically expected to be available for all those times.

Most likely it'll be fine though, just talk to your lecturer.

One of my modules has 4 tutorials for the module. 2 of them are on Friday afternoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It'll fully depend on the lecturer.

Most lecturers tend to hate those lab times as much as students, and will often work to try and move it to earlier in the day/week.

If that's not possible, most lecturers won't have a problem with you just going to another lab.

However, there is a possibility, especially in large classes, that the lecturer could say you have to go to your assigned lab. The college week is 9am Monday to 6pm Friday and you're technically expected to be available for all those times.

Most likely it'll be fine though, just talk to your lecturer.

Cheers

Cheers

Only thing would be for chemistry, (don't know if that is the lab you are on about but I have a chemistry lab 4-6 on a Friday - it is THE ONLY thing I have on a Friday which is horrible!!!) I've found from experience that the labs are pretty fully booked so times can't be moved and they can only have so many in the labs so they tend to insist that you go to your assigned lab but they may only be on every other week and you would be expected to hand in your lab report the weeks in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Only 10 hours this semester! Good thing!

FYP to also do so really 40 hours this semester! Bad thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

phish wrote: »
    Very very true!!! In my experience most of the education courses are alright coursework wise during TP except for science ed of course! The workload is ridiculous for us!!

I'm in science ed and we seem to have a handy semester coursework wise, 16 hours in total. But yes, the dreaded lesson plans...Gonna start on them as soon as I meet with my school next week. Getting the main things into a lesson plans now will save me hours of time later. Hopefully.

iLaura wrote: »
    I'm in science ed and we seem to have a handy semester coursework wise, 16 hours in total. But yes, the dreaded lesson plans...Gonna start on them as soon as I meet with my school next week. Getting the main things into a lesson plans now will save me hours of time later. Hopefully.

Hours same as what we had but what I meant was that for say horticulture you have a project - name and own pic of ~15 plants. Then have to write out all the JC mandatory experiments and risk assessments for them as well as reflections etc in prep for TP.

For TP I'd advise do a your scheme of work and no more than a weeks worth of lesson plans for each class. This is the most your tutors will expect you to have done and frankly you shouldn't do lesson plans more than a week in advance at the start. It's easier once you've started TP as your more used to what you will actually get covered.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

phish wrote: »
    Hours same as what we had but what I meant was that for say horticulture you have a project - name and own pic of ~15 plants. Then have to write out all the JC mandatory experiments and risk assessments for them as well as reflections etc in prep for TP.

For TP I'd advise do a your scheme of work and no more than a weeks worth of lesson plans for each class. This is the most your tutors will expect you to have done and frankly you shouldn't do lesson plans more than a week in advance at the start. It's easier once you've started TP as your more used to what you will actually get covered.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have. :)

Sounds like oodles of fun, I mean who doesn't absolutely just LOVE learning about plants? Apart from Con, and maybe Ken Byrne...:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Stuxnet wrote: »
    stick in your id number here..

http://tt.daniel.ie/

when you click on the module code in this timetable, lecturer names come up for the modules, would these be correct?

I assume so. 3/4 for me are the correct lecturers for the modules I'm doing. The 4th one is still up in the air as to who is doing it, I was told.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else not able to access their timetables? Could see it earlier but now it comes up unavailable after clicking student timetable and when I put my id into tt.daniel.ie it just comes up blank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

must be down, I.T problems in UL, who would have thought!

DJW11 wrote: »
    must be down, I.T problems in UL, who would have thought!

Haha imagine that! I just wanted to be sure that I wasnt missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

Anyone know where P1033 is?

It's in the PESS building.

http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/501055267.pdf

Advertisement