Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burgess Park Tonight

Options
  • 08-01-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I was down in golden island tonight and there seemed to be a boot camp like thing going on in Burgess Park. Might be good to join for the new year. Any idea who is running it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

glen25 wrote: »
    I was down in golden island tonight and there seemed to be a boot camp like thing going on in Burgess Park. Might be good to join for the new year. Any idea who is running it?

Dont know but if the river keeps risng next week is swimming classes

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

You'd need fair strong arm bands in that current

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

15 years ago the same people were probably knacker drinking in Burgess Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

For the past 40 years Burgess Park has always been associated with wineos, cider parties, asb, etc.

It would be nice if the people were able to reclaim this lovely area from the scumbags.....but I doubt it very much

martin1 wrote: »
    For the past 40 years Burgess Park has always been associated with wineos, cider parties, asb, etc.

It would be nice if the people were able to reclaim this lovely area from the scumbags.....but I doubt it very much

is it really That Bad. I thought of it more as a running joke. Ive seen a few empty bottles and cans etc round but never actually been down there late at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

I wouldn't be down there late at night either but during the fine weather last summer there would always be scumbags and winos hanging about in the evenings. A bit of Garda presence every so often might do some good. Its not a dangerous spot just more uncomfortable if anything

glen25 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be down there late at night either but during the fine weather last summer there would always be scumbags and winos hanging about in the evenings. A bit of Garda presence every so often might do some good. Its not a dangerous spot just more uncomfortable if anything
    Was out around coosan point and hodson bay in the boat myself during the fine weather and it was the same story. Linden village bottles all over the place. Least people could do is put them in a bin or take them home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

athlonelad wrote: »
    is it really That Bad. I thought of it more as a running joke. Ive seen a few empty bottles and cans etc round but never actually been down there late at night.

No it's really not that bad. I've walked my dogs down around there for years and you come across the odd wino on a bench, certainly not dozens of junkies strewn around the place like you'd be led to believe. People really buy into these scare stories for some reason.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

No it's really not that bad. I've walked my dogs down around there for years and you come across the odd wino on a bench, certainly not dozens of junkies strewn around the place like you'd be led to believe. People really buy into these scare stories for some reason.

It can be bad enough at times too though. I brought my kids down to look at the weir wall when it was dry and we went for a walk down to the end of the park - there was at least 10 people drinking in different spots and this was in the middle of the day.

Didn't bother me too much but the kids were afraid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

Theres a running group that train there on wednesdays now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement