Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Season & FA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Could anyone give me a breakdown on the Production Rating attribute, and if it changes, or how, etc. Really not sure what it does at all.

It would be much appreciated! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nobody has real idea of what these mean or what effect they all have, production as far as I know is how well they have performed in the past. What this means for their overall and what difference it makes in games I have no idea.

More info here (but just one guy's opinion not something that's come from EA:

SPEED - The maximum straight line speed of the player.

AGILITY - how speed is sustained through changing direction (low agility, speed reduces more when changing direction)

ACCELERATION - The rate at which a player reaches maximum speed- Is also related to stamina, apparently.

PHYSICAL GRADE - certain stats for a particular position and playstyle. For instance, Speed WR, physical grade is comprised of an average of stats like spd and agi.

INTANGIBLE -Supposedly, increases the chance of lucky plays such as catching a batted ball.

AWARENESS - Effects the outcome of all user acted abilities (e.g. strip ball ability increased, leading the passer in a direction, increased vibration due to pass rush pressure) also increases the reaction time of the player to the play.

PLAY RECOGNITION - the ability to recognize if its a pass or a run and direction of the run and the reaction to screen plays.

PASS BLOCKING - Reduces chance of a successful power/finesse move.

RUN BLOCKING - Slightly increases the reaction of the blocking AI to changes in direction of the runner. Also appears to make lead blocker make better decisions on which defenders he should block.

STRENGTH - Increases chance of pancake (Oline), increases chance of power move (Dline) increases chance of truck, stiff arm, and increases rate of fall forward (ball carrier). This is only on the initial contact, it seems. In other words, once the players have engaged, strength doesn't really seem to come into play at all.

CATCHING - The ability of a player to catch the ball (affected by multipliers, see below)

CATCH IN TRAFFIC- Multiplier effect on default catch rating when caught in contact (e.g. catch 85, catch in traffic 60 - player will catch in open at ease, but will have negative effect when catching in traffic 60 will decrease the original 85; catch 85, catch in traffic 99 - player will catch in open at ease, and when in traffic will sustain this 85 catching almost 100% of the time)

SPECTACULAR CATCH - multiplier effect on default catch rating when caught near sidelines. Also increases chance of one handed or diving catch animation. (e.g. catching 85 with spectacular catch 60 - player will catch the ball at ease, but won't have a high chance at getting feet down; catch 85 with spectacular 99 - player will get feet down consistently and sustain catching 85 ability.
    It is important to remember catching is still the main stat, as with catching 1 and spectacular 99, player will drop the ball consistently, even if his feet are down in bounds.

ROUTE RUNNING - Increases the rate of cuts and creates more separation from defender. Agility seems to come into play some here as well.

RELEASE - Increases the chance of beating the press coverage for a receiver.
    Only seems to really matter against Man coverage. against Zone, the defender passes the receiver off fairly quickly even if he has a low release rating.

INJURY - Affects how likely a player is to get injured.

TOUGHNESS - Affects the severity of an injury, as far as how many weeks the player will be out.

STAMINA - Determines how quickly a player gets tired, and how quickly he becomes fully rested.

BLOCK SHEDDING - Increases the ability for the player to disengage a block and move sideways or backwards away from the block, but won't effect ability to push past a block downwards.

POWER MOVES - increases chance of player shedding the block downwards, also increases success rate of power moves when activated with right stick.

FINESSE MOVES - increases chance of player shedding the block downwards, also increases success rate of finesse moves when activated with right stick.

PURSUIT - Increases reaction to change of direction of offensive player, and increases speed in vicinity of tackle.

TACKLE - Increases success rate of tackle- but more specifically, it seems to affect whether or not a tackle animation or infinity engine event occurs. Higher=tackle animation=successful tackle.

HIT POWER - Increases chance of causing injury during tackle, also increases chance of fumble when hit stick activated.

BALL CARRIER VISION - Decreases rate of engaging in own team blocks, and increases "slipperyness" when moving in between tight hole without hitting your own blocker and falling over, also early results of an increase in the run blocking AI of offensive linemen.

TRUCKING - Increases chance of falling forward and breaking tackles using truck stick activation

STIFF ARM - Increases chance of breaking tackle using stiff arm activation

JUKE MOVE - Increases distance and speed of juke, and chances of escaping if tackled during move

SPIN MOVE - Increases speed of spin, and chances of being escaping if being tackled during move.

ELUSIVENESS - Decreases chance of tackle being successful. Seems increase likelihood of an infinity engine event.

PREDICTABILITY- Players who are predictable are less likely to retire early, and seem to be more likely to re-sign. There's still a lot of debate over this one.

CONSISTENCY- Increases likelihood that a player will play at his max rating. Seems to affect hot/cold streaks.

HIGH MOTOR- Players with this trait will hop back up more quickly after being pancaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I don't think it means an awful lot, its representative of what the player did on the pitch. So in the draft, it shows how productive the player was in college. With your own players, it'll show you how productive they've been in the nfl. So I can change as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Are the cpu Vikings not set on auto, i cant play them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ye're gents, thank you very much. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

SS Phillip Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

HB Peyton Hillis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

guns4all wrote: »
    HB Peyton Hillis

Hey guns, wanna play our pre season game at half 10 tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭davetherave

The Fresh Prince is on his way to New York as the Giants pick up ROLB Will Smith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does free agency turn into an unlimited number of pick ups for pre-season week 3 and 4 or is it still one player per person per week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Hey guns, wanna play our pre season game at half 10 tonight?

Ive work at 7 in the morning so doubt it could do 430 2moro afternoob tho

guns4all wrote: »
    Ive work at 7 in the morning so doubt it could do 430 2moro afternoob tho

With the gf all day 2morrow, what's the latest you'd do tonight? In work till 9 but could be held back a little for tidy up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Paully D wrote: »
    Does free agency turn into an unlimited number of pick ups for pre-season week 3 and 4 or is it still one player per person per week?

I presume it stays at 1 per week. Are you struggling to make it to 53?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think I'll only get to 52. Why does being under matter?

adrian522 wrote: »
    I presume it stays at 1 per week. Are you struggling to make it to 53?

I'll just about get there I think, if not I won't have any less than 52, although I was only asking as I saw this from Heli in the OP:
    You can pick one FA up per game week for game weeks 1 and 2 and then as many as you need.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Advance will be at 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Knex. wrote: »
    WR Brandon Banks

Excellent returner which is important on this Madden

Good pickup

Advance will be at 10

Any chance this could be delayed? Might be playing Paully at 9:30 so I could advance after and transfer commish back after?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any chance this could be delayed? Might be playing Paully at 9:30 so I could advance after and transfer commish back after?

ill be up and about, if you are playing just PM me and i wont advance til you're done

Heli could you put the vikes on auto?

• Advertisement

ill be up and about, if you are playing just PM me and i wont advance til you're done

Myself and Giffney are going to play at 9:30pm mate, should be finished by around 10:15pm.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

And the cowboys on auto plz

will do when i get on

vikes and cowboys on auto

De-Sean Jackson leading the league in yards received... damn!

Will Yeatman LT

vikes and cowboys on auto

Shame i played the vikes in week 2 Heli, I know your game, stopping me gaining extra XP before i play you in week 1. ;-)

I'm sure as commish I can reverse that trade!

Good game against Giffney there, his Texans won 42-28. Well done mate.

Despite giving up 42, I think my defense is in better shape than it was last year. Just couldn't get off the field on third down tonight but last season I was hardly forcing more than one third down all game.

Very happy with the performance of some of my new guys and backups, mainly 3rd round pick Keithen Vincent who led the game in tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

smith Centre picked up

• Advertisement

LG Stevenson for the Saints.

Advertisement