Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Season & FA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Why you letting players go Perrin?

They're still drunk from celebrating their superbowl

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Why you letting players go Perrin?
    Cap mismanagent at the Chiefs front office :pac: , I briefly went into my resignings screen yesterday,only 8 mil in cap,Justin Houston wants that alone for 1 year,so big names will probably be on the block when I get a look at some players contracts.

Pretty happy with my roster all things considered.

Offense is pretty good, especially in the skill positions. I have a great QBand Morris is a beast in the back field. Have a fair bit of depth at receiver, without having any top top stud receiver. Hopefully Angle, who I got in the draft, will be that guy for me this year. A solid offensive line rounds off a good offensive unit

Defense it similar in quality I think. D-line is pretty decent, and has good depth. I have about 6 players around the 80 mark so lot of rotation will be done here. Linebacks are probably my strongest area, with Fletcher in the middle and the pass rushing excellence of Orakpo and Kerrigan on the edges. The secondary has seen the biggest changes in the offseason, with 5 or so new players arriving. With DeAngelo Hall off to pastures new, Quentin Jammer and Brent Grimes are my two new starting corners. They're backed up by 3 decent replacements.

The Madden connected franchise website grades my team as -B and that's probably fair. Solid without being outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wonder could we get a list of the Connected Franchise ratings for all teams?

Can see then how we progress from now till season's end, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Knex. wrote: »
    Wonder could we get a list of the Connected Franchise ratings for all teams?

Can see then how we progress from now till season's end, etc.

I am a B-. Not sure how that really matters too much though as I have a load of crap players that I just signed to fill my roster. So hopefully they are dragging my rating down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I see the Saints GM let their 86 rated center hit FA to get overpaid and then replaced him with an 82 rated rookie center on a far cheaper deal

That's good GM'ing right there :cool:

Saints have 5 running backs and 2 full backs. Paully D taking running back by committee to a whole new level!

Eagles have more WR's on a roster then anyone else. Can Nick Foles keep all 8 happy?

The Chargers GM believes in the battle of the trenches with 13 offensive linemen under contract which is the highest in the league.

They call the MLB the quarterback of the defense and Wesley Woodyard better stay healthy as the Broncos are the only team with 1 MLB under contract.

You can never have too many good corners.....nobody told the Bears GM as Charles Tillman is out for the season and there are only two healthy CB's on the Bears roster. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers WR corp will meet the Bears in Week 7 :eek:

The Ravens kicker is actually better at punting then the Ravens punter. Hmmmm, maybe that's a roster spot to be saved

Award for coolest name goes to Erin Commodore rookie WR for the Bengals :cool:. Playing across from AJ Green this is a player to watch.

Lightest offensive tackle is Will Yeatman LT for the Colts. The Colts GM needs to fatten him up from a scrawny 268lbs.

The heaviest player is Frank Okam DT 350lbs for the Steelers pipping Ravens DT Terence Cody at 349lbs and 3rd place for Brandon McKinney DT for the Ravens at 345lbs. Here in the AFC North some love is given to the big men!

Team with the oldest average age based on nothing more then a quick eyeball glance from me are the Redskins. Well they are known for the love of ageing vets.

Highest cap numbers for 2014 are Rodgers and Eli on 21 million. For that kind of money Eli better produce!

More stats to follow next week!

On the kicker and punter thing, you need to have one of each on the roster I think! The punter I tool from under your nose in the draft is a decent kicker but I had to pick up Folk too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I see the Saints GM let their 86 rated center hit FA to get overpaid and then replaced him with an 82 rated rookie center on a far cheaper deal

That's good GM'ing right there :cool:

Just call me Ozzie Newsome :D

I'll be honest and say that I would have kept De la Puente if he'd taken my offer, but when he didn't I had a huge need at the position (0 centers on my roster) so had to scout them all to see how they were shaping up. I ended up hitting on Billups who ranks 85 in my system so it's basically a like for like swap at a much cheaper price.

I was getting nervous on draft night thinking he might go off the board due to the crazy CPU picks, but luckily I don't think any human players had a real need for a center in the first round.
    Saints have 5 running backs and 2 full backs. Paully D taking running back by committee to a whole new level!

Excellent statistics Mike, a very enjoyable read!

You can never have enough running backs. I was happy with my roster and needed to add players to jump up to 53 so decided to focus on the running back/full back position to do so. The way Sproles has started the season the others may not get a touch though!

There is a bit of a method to my madness as I'm casting an eye on the future. 3 of my main men at the running back position are out of contract after this year so I'm hoping at least one will stick around.

Ravens sign TE Tony Scheffler

My starting TE is out injured for 6 weeks so need cover

• Advertisement

What? Tillman is out for the season? Flip me. My season is over. May as well forget about the playoffs.

In all seriousness that is a disaster. I may have to look to do a trade now.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭rugbydan92

panthers sign safety marcus gilchrist plenty of upside who dumped this kid ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts sign CB Darrin Wells.

panthers sign rb christine michael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts dump Cottchery and sign Riley Cooper,

The Eagles receiving reunion in indianapolis is complete.

Riley is a very nice pickup

Ravens swoop in ( caw caw :pac:) and snap up talented rookie DT Anton Glaspy who was cut by the Bears last week.

rugbydan92 wrote: »
    Riley is a very nice pickup

One of the first things I did last season when I took over was to let him go. :pac:

I only ever really have 2 WRs on the field at most. Sometimes then 2 TEs, and always have a HB.

Madness then that I have 7 or 8 WRs on my Roster this year. Couldn't bring myself to cut one :o

hes just reliable in fairness

Ravens swoop in ( caw caw :pac:) and snap up talented rookie DT Anton Glaspy who was cut by the Bears last week.

He is good. And since I traded Melton I could do with him but I needed the rework my cap space and had to let him go. :(

• Advertisement

Just remembered, one of my DE, either Thornton or Cox, broke their ribs last night.

Should really look into that...

rock any of the colts cover 3 plays always work for me could be just preference though.

Eagles reassessed their Wide Receiver party situation, cut the Rookie Tabar, and signed MLB DJ Smith to add some cover.

Poor lad probably won't get a snap, however.

whats tabar like need a rookie project

rugbydan92 wrote: »
    whats tabar like need a rookie project

67-70, but stats were decent. I was flush with WRs, but you might find a use for him.

Spread offence, I think too. (Which is what I run)

May have a gander at him

Mike James HB

Wanted a 3rd string HB and brought in this young player

Cut Bryan Scott 71, a 4th string MLB

Last stats roundup was on teams so this is mostly on players. Well sort of

The choirboys of the league are the Saints, Bears, 49ers & Eagles with zero penalties. If Gary Linekar played AF he would play for you.

The human team with the.....how I can nicely put it....robust style of play are the Packers with 15 penalties and 136yds.

It's sackorama in Kansas City with 22 sacks, 8 more then the nearest human team. Teach me how oh wise one!

The team who put the entire workload on the HB are the Ravens. Ray Rice with 30 more carries then the next human HB, McCoy in Philly

There are 11 players with over 400 recieving yds but only one team has multiple players here. And not just two but three, Julius Thomas, Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker. Manning likes to spread the ball around

It was mentioned in the last stats that the Eagles GM had 8 receivers, more then anyone else. To the Eagles coaches credit every receiver has over 25 snaps, clearly some sort of spread system here

Punters are people too! The Super Bowl winning Chiefs know this and lead the league for punts within the opponents 20.

Shoutout to the Lions special teams with less the half the nearest human team for yds allowed on punts and a league high average of 57yds per punt.

The return abilities of Brandon Banks & Trindon Holliday was commented on in the offseason. Wise move by the Pats & Eagles GM's and they have 3 kickoff returns each. Most teams only have one return TD and some have none. Banks also has a punt return TD.

Brent Grimes is the interception leader, the only player with 6. Nice signing for the Redskins

Will finish with the most underpaid player in the league. Nick Fairley DT has 9 tackles for loss and 5 sacks yet earns just 400k per year?? :eek: Is the Texans GM the best negotiator in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ah now in fairness ive simed two of those games. And its only like 4.5 per game which is probably below nfl average. I didnt have any today vs the chargers.....and offside isnt much of a penalty....and the refs hate me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Hey Ali why is your sig still niners? Ha

Advertisement