Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to register for tax?

Options
  • 08-01-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. I am working part time but I want to do occasionally some freelance jobs. I am expecting to earn from the jobs only some "pocket money" (I guest about 100-200 euro per month). Do I have to register as a self employed (form TR1)?

If not, how will I pay tax of this money?

And another question: I have one potential client in Slovakia (EU). How can I issue an invoice for him? Is it OK to issue it bilingual (English & Slovak) or I must issue it only in English? I would prefer to do it bilingual.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

1 . for income less than 3k just file a form 12 every year--- no need to register

2 . Bi lingual is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lorinc

Thanks for quick reply. You saved my life. I have spend hours (or actually days) on Revenue.ie and I was not able to fin anything about this. Do you know any document where I can find more info about this 3k threshold? I especially need to know how to issue an invoice. I mean what actually should the invoice contain. I found some leaflets about VAT invoice, but I don't think this is the case when I should issue VAT invoice (I don't have VAT number). I have tried to find some already made example invoices but with no luck.

And the last thing: if I start to earn now (January 2014) I will file the form 12 first just before 31 October 2015, am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

from the front of Form 12

"An individual who is a ‘chargeable person’ for the
    purposes of Income Tax-Self Assessment should complete a Pay and File Income Tax Return
    Form 11E or Form 11"

Definition of a chargable person here

http://www.revenue.ie/en/practitioner/tax-briefing/archive/62/tb05.htm

Follow the guidance for a vat invoice and you'll be fine -- just dont mention VAT anywhere
    Related Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057075486

Yeah - File in Oct 2015 --- not sure if you can do it online on PAYEANYTIME - someone else might confirm

Advertisement