Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen waste

Options
  • 08-01-2014 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Has anyone had trouble getting through to oxygen.
    I've been trying for the last 6 weeks to get them on the phone, on a daily basis at different times during the day and for long periods and yet to get talking to someone. I have left messages and not had any replys. I could repeat their automated message back to you backwards at this stage.

I've spent in excess of €50 in phone credit listening to a message going on about there website and referring new customers to them(which I will never do, not if ya paid me to)

as well as that my bins haven't been collected since mid November and I have to borrow a neighbours car and trailer as I've no tow-bar on mine and to be decent I have to put a tenners worth of petrol in before I give it back.

What's the story with their brutal service
    Has anyone else had a RUBBISHexperience with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Behind the Darkness

Few days late with a reply but yes i have had the exact same problem. I think at this stage it is pointless even trying.
    Been four weeks for me since they have collected the bin bags.
    As you can imagine delightful scene outside due to animals pulling them all over the place , not to mention the wind.
    Not the first time i have had problems with oxigen, and from what i can see they always pass the blame, a lady i know was told her bin tags weren't showing.. they couldn't of been clearer if she tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭wildcatares22

just an update, this shower of wasters have still not collected my bins nor have they had the decency to answer the countless phone calls I've made or reply to my emails.

the level of professionalism from this crowd is as low as I've ever experienced.

how do I go about making a consumer complaint about this crowd, or can one be made.

p.s. anyone anyone know of a watste collection company that COLLECT bins around the Mullingar area?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Firstly decide what outcome you want
    - do you want to terminate the contract due to their non-performance,
    - or do you want them to resume the service immediately.

Send a registered letter to your regional manager detailing the issues, i.e. their failure to perform the service as contracted, their lack of response to your phone calls and emails. Make it clear what it is you want. Tell them a reasonable deadline to respond (5-10 days) otherwise it's Small Claims Court time.

Keep records of all attempts to contact them for your own evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭wildcatares22

thanks slimjim. I've decided to go with allied waste. I've given oxygen every opportunity to come good with no result, so enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rita Gilmartin

Just a note to warn consumers about this company. If your bin is not collected no point in complaining. Their staff do not know what to say do or advise so just fob you off saying they will ring you back and fail to do. Even when your bin is out on time they will say it was not. The consumer is always wrong. They say they have no facility for refunds which I believe is an issue which should be taken up with the consumer association. Why pay for a service which is not being delivered. They are directing me back to the shop for a refund. I will try only to confirm that they cannot do it.

KEEP RECORDS OF A CALLS. They say my bin wasn,t out. Thank god for cctv.

My advise to anyone considering using this company is STAY AWAY
    Going to give ALLIED a chance but still considering AES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You could try a small claims court case to recover your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,052 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just a note to warn consumers about this company. If your bin is not collected no point in complaining. Their staff do not know what to say do or advise so just fob you off saying they will ring you back and fail to do. Even when your bin is out on time they will say it was not. The consumer is always wrong. They say they have no facility for refunds which I believe is an issue which should be taken up with the consumer association. Why pay for a service which is not being delivered. They are directing me back to the shop for a refund. I will try only to confirm that they cannot do it.

KEEP RECORDS OF A CALLS. They say my bin wasn,t out. Thank god for cctv.

My advise to anyone considering using this company is STAY AWAY
    Going to give ALLIED a chance but still considering AES.

I would recommend avoiding AES like the plague.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement