Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spectrasonics Omnisphere

• 08-01-2014 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Has anybody got or tried Omnisphere?

If so, what do you think of it?

I plan on buying it this week as it looks impressive, but would like to hear from anybody who already has it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

It's just samples... Loads of them! If you have kontakt you can get better libraries. Bob moog library is nice though. If you score for film then it's a must get. Interface is easy to understand but can get quite complex.
    It's great a buy Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭FudgeBrownie

Cool, thanks for the reply!

It seems like it is huge. Film scoring will be part of what I am doing, in addition to various genres of music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Omni is samples and wavetables/osc based.

You can mix the 2 also.

I'd get kontakt also - there are nice libraries (like Geosonics) available from 3rd parties to open up the film score side.

Just don't ever google Lumina 3.... jeeez.... ;)

Omnisphere is good, a bit of a learning curve as is an unusual interface compared to most gear.

Ah brilliant, I have Kontakt so must check out Geosonics! Thanks for that Neurojazz :)

I am just after googling Lumina 3. Haha thanks for adding to my purchase list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Has anybody got or tried Omnisphere?

If so, what do you think of it?

I plan on buying it this week as it looks impressive, but would like to hear from anybody who already has it.

I have it & love it.

Great for scoring soundtracks & nice to have in your toolbox - a good compliment to other software, soft synths etc.

I don't think you'll regret getting it & there's lot to play around with.

It comes with some very useable sounds 'straight out of the box' & in fact they are quite inspiring when you start playing them & it'll stir your creative juices really quickly.

The only problem I've run into has been that for 1 or 2 of the more complex sounds that are in its libraries, that they don't seem to sound perfect - a slight clipping sound comes into them. Its only on one or two souns for me though - rest are perfect & I think its probably because I haven't optimized the configuration settings for my machine - haven't had time to sit down properly & make sure everything is 100% configured correctly. (I use a Dual Xeon Workstation with 64GB RAM, 512GB SSD drive for OS & 2 X 3 TB Drives for data, W7 64Bit OS, Protools 10.x etc..)

I ended up getting Trillian & Stylux RMX also.

Its quality software & Spectrasonics has been a good company to deal with so far for me personally.

I can highly recommend it.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

bonoman66 wrote: »
    I have it & love it.

Great for scoring soundtracks & nice to have in your toolbox - a good compliment to other software, soft synths etc.

I don't think you'll regret getting it & there's lot to play around with.

It comes with some very useable sounds 'straight out of the box' & in fact they are quite inspiring when you start playing them & it'll stir your creative juices really quickly.

The only problem I've run into has been that for 1 or 2 of the more complex sounds that are in its libraries, that they don't seem to sound perfect - a slight clipping sound comes into them. Its only on one or two souns for me though - rest are perfect & I think its probably because I haven't optimized the configuration settings for my machine - haven't had time to sit down properly & make sure everything is 100% configured correctly. (I use a Dual Xeon Workstation with 64GB RAM, 512GB SSD drive for OS & 2 X 3 TB Drives for data, W7 64Bit OS, Protools 10.x etc..)

I ended up getting Trillian & Stylux RMX also.

Its quality software & Spectrasonics has been a good company to deal with so far for me personally.

I can highly recommend it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers bonoman66! It arrived yesterday so I can't wait to use it tonight.
    I hope the library is as huge as I have read online. Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Cheers bonoman66! It arrived yesterday so I can't wait to use it tonight.
    I hope the library is as huge as I have read online. Thanks again!

There's quite a lot in there alright - your friends & neighbours may need to send a search party out to look for you soon once you open the box & install it :D

Advertisement