Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on the road

Options
  • 08-01-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Thought this might be a good place to keep track of my running.Have been running on and off for the past few years.Did one really poor marathon in 2007 when i had just got into the running and underestimated the amount of training needed.Have done 3 half marathons in the last three years.I'm 32 and moderately fit.Did the Athenry 10k at xmas in 48.44.Really enjoyed it.Would like to train for a marathon this year. i play soccer two weekdays a week so i might get two other short runs in and one long run in.i used my watch this evening playing soccer and i ran 3.3 miles which i was surprised at.anyway i'm going to try and follow h higdons novice 2 plan and see how it goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

5 miles tonight in 43.19.Lovely evening for it.Great moon lighting the way and nice and crisp.I was pushing myself to run a faster tonight.Enjoyed it.

8.26 miles this morning in 1h16mins.Really happy with the run.It was my longest run in 10 months and i actually enjoyed it.it was a perfect morning for it.Made sure to keep to pace slow and steady.Going to follow hal higdons novice 2 plan for a marathon to see if i can keep it up.i'd like to do the cork marathon but i'm not going to enter for a few while yet incase i don't follow through with my new year resolution to keep on running.

Played soccer monday and wednesday night.did 5 miles in 43.15.it was a different kind of run.one big hill which i tried to sprint up and i tried to throw in a few sprints for 200m or so.enjoyed it but i hoped the time would have been faster.lovely evening again.great big moon out.

9.33 miles on saturday in 1h23mins.delighted to this distance.soccer last night.

5 miles last night in a slow 47 mins and 6 miles this morning in very conditions in just under an hour.I have been trying hard to pace myself these days.I have been trying to run faster up until this week.I feel it's too soon to be pushing myself to bring my pace down to 8 min miles even on short runs.i fear that i'm not there yet and will either injure myself or get the flu from being run down.so i've decided to stick to the hal higdons novice plan but completely slow down my pace.I'm going to do this for the next three weeks and see how i go.

• Advertisement

Soccer last night.5 miles tonight in 46.11.Really enjoyed the run.Nice and easy.

Soccer last night.5 miles tonight in 45.32.Lovely night for running.Crisp and full of stars.Nice and easy.

11 miles this morning.Average pace was 9.24.Delighted with this run.Felt very comfortable for 9 miles.The last two miles were hard but not that bad.Could have gone on a bit more.All the miles were between 9.20 and 9.33.Was supposed to go yesterday but the weather was shocking.Tempted to go to the gym and use a treadmill.Said i'd hold off until today and it was a great morning for running.

Played soccer last Monday and Wednesday. Did 5 miles on Thursday and felt really good. Did 13.5 miles on saturday..It was an awful morning but the run went really well.An awful lot of wind and rain.Started off really slow for 5 miles and slowly brought the pace up towards 9.25 for 5/6 miles and then back really slow for the last 3.Felt really good throughout the run.Watched the match then.By 7 in the evening i was wrecked.Once the kids went to bed i said i'd lye down on the couch.I was fast asleep by 9 o clock.First time i've fallen asleep on the couch in a long long time.Soccer for an hour and a half tonight.

Advertisement