Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back boiler pipe stat needed?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi I have an open fire in the parents place with a back boiler but there is no pipe stat on the system. we have a dual coil cylinder, one coil for the oil boiler and one for the back boiler. The problem is the water will bubble into the expansion tank if I forget to turn the pump on. there is one orange pipe stat attached into the insulation of the copper cylinder for the central heating i suspect.So where about's should i fit a pipe stat on the back boiler system? cheers Jim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

On the Flow pipe coming off the top of the Back Boiler. Attach it close to the
    Back Boiler and wire it into the Pump. Then set it at 40 or 45 Degrees.

Should sort the problem out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ozjim

cool. ill give that a shot tomorrow. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

sky6 wrote: »
    On the Flow pipe coming off the top of the Back Boiler. Attach it close to the
    Back Boiler and wire it into the Pump. Then set it at 40 or 45 Degrees.

Should sort the problem out.

Agree with the location, I would set to 55 - 60C, otherwise you will heat the cylinder nicely but the pump won't stop until the cylinder has cooled back to 40 - 45C. The cylinder will act as the boiler when the fire dies down.

yes I am not too sure about the temp but i can try both.
    at the highest point on the back boiler there is 2 pipes coming out, no.1 pipe rises up for the attic and has pressure/temp relief valve fitted. no 2 pipe falls down under the floor. then if i look to the lower part of the back boiler i have 2 more pipes coming out and one pipe goes into the floor and the other has a 3/4 gate valve and a pump fitted. will i fit it onto the pipe coming out at the top of back boiler (flow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

ozjim wrote: »
    at the highest point on the back boiler there is 2 pipes coming out, no.1 pipe rises up for the attic

will i fit it onto the pipe coming out at the top of back boiler (flow).

Yes, install it on the gravity flow pipe that leads to the cylinder.

• Advertisement

thanks!

Advertisement