Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suarez points total....perfect game?

• 09-01-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭

El Pistolero is currently on 164 for the season, way in front of the rest, after missing the first 5 games of the season it's remarkable.

With 18 GW's to go, can he out score the top players ever? Will he make top 5?

I make it (totally open to correction):

1. Lampard - 284pts
    2. Ronaldo - 283pts
    3. Henry - 271pts
    4. RVP - 269pts
    5. RVP - 262pts

To out score Lampard he'll need nearly. 7pts a game from here on out. I think it's a big ask.

But what is achievable? 250? 275? Could he even do what nobody else has done and bowl a perfect game...300??

Lampard and Ronaldo had the advantage of being midfielders in the game so extra points for goals and generally more BP's in the old system.

But after 164 at the halfway stage he's on track

What do you think he'll end up with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Considering he doesnt take pens and all the above did (?) it would be even more incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

300 in a season seemed impossible before. He's probably in as good a position as anyone has been to do it he has the ability I guess its just a matter of him not doing something stupid so he can stay on the pitch. There was a post on another forum analysing each teams fixtures over the first half of the season and Liverpool had the joint easiest set of home fixtures so that would be another factor to see his returns lower somewhat over the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jimmii wrote: »
    300 in a season seemed impossible before. He's probably in as good a position as anyone has been to do it he has the ability I guess its just a matter of him not doing something stupid so he can stay on the pitch. There was a post on another forum analysing each teams fixtures over the first half of the season and Liverpool had the joint easiest set of home fixtures so that would be another factor to see his returns lower somewhat over the rest of the season.

Yep out of the top 8 I think only United was at home, which also means that they've gotten the toughest games out of the way - Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle all away. So the away games will be easier for the rest, home games tougher, but they will be at home at least.

I don't see him continuing his existing points per game scoring, nearly 11 which would give him 360pts by the end...but can he get another 100, another 120?

I'd love to go back and see what total Ronaldo and Lampard had with 18 GW's to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Depending on where Liverpool stands with 4/5 GWs to go he may ease up (though that doesn't seem to be in the Uruguyan mentality when you see him or Cavani play for example) with the perspective of the WC (assuming there's nothing left to fight for with the Reds).

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd love to go back and see what total Ronaldo and Lampard had with 18 GW's to go.

The goal, assist & cs data is easy enough to find to get a rough idea of where they were would take a little bit of time to work out though! Ronaldo could have potentially scored well over 300 points but Fergie would keep him safe for the CL the odd time which is obviously not a problem for Suarez. I think the highest PPG was Ronaldos at 8.4 which shows how far ahead of the norm Suarez currently is.

I think he would probably end up troubling the top two on the list but will miss out on the 300 mark. I would have thought a PPG of <7 for the remainder of the season is likely so if he remains on the pitch the whole time I think he will finish in the 280-290 bracket. Having said that at the start of the season I think 99%+ of people would have said that a 10+ PPG was impossible over 14 games so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

He's up to 177, 13 pt haul yesterday.

If I had to back him to break the magical 300 or not, at this stage I would back him to do it. He looks even more determined than when he played his comeback game against Sunderland (away), he scored 2 goals & 13 pts that day too. And Pool will have everything to play for until the end of the season.

11 points last night makes it 193 for the season. Or, if you captain him each week, you'd have gotten 386 points! And it's still only January!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I reckon that only an injury or another Suarez ban could stop him now

CSF wrote: »

He's possibly my favourite player ever

Certainly seems that way! Tough home games coming up for the rest of the season it'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Yeah have to laugh at the 9000 odd people who got rid of him last week too!

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Yeah have to laugh at the 9000 odd people who got rid of him last week too!

Does seem mad for sure. I was surprised so many in the top 200 didn't captain him that must have been painful watching for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Let us all discard Suarez when Aguero returns. :P :P :P

Sturridge is keeping out suarez from scoring. I have them both but dun want to keep it that way.

230 now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Imagine if Suarez was on pens :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

255 now, what a player!

Boots234 wrote: »
    255 now, what a player!

Leaves him needing like a 5.5 point average from his remaining games. You'd have to fancy that although some difficult games left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The fact that Suarez has scored this highly despite not being on pens and missing the first 6 games is astonishing. He's quickly becoming the Premier Leagues best ever striker.

roryc wrote: »
    The fact that Suarez has scored this highly despite not being on pens and missing the first 6 games is astonishing. He's quickly becoming the Premier Leagues best ever striker.

He missed the first 5, played in GW6. But still incredible record. Does he have a chance of highest gameweek score by a single player this week? Anyone know what it might be? I remember Ronaldo score 48 as captain but don't recall any 50+?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

He missed the first 5, played in GW6. But still incredible record. Does he have a chance of highest gameweek score by a single player this week? Anyone know what it might be? I remember Ronaldo score 48 as captain but don't recall any 50+?
    A quick Google show up 27 from Watson (hatrick, clean sheet, 3 bonus .. defender).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

He will easily break 300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

BNMC wrote: »
    A quick Google show up 27 from Watson (hatrick, clean sheet, 3 bonus .. defender).

Didn't Berbatov score 5 goals for united about 4 seasons ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    4+4+4+4+4+2+3= 25

That'd have been before bonus points I think, as would Watson's if it is the Watson I'm thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

That gives 25 (4*5 +2 + 3)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Imagine if Suarez was on pens :eek:

Then every Liverpool game where there's been a penalty would have turned out differently, probably their season as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Against Blackburn in November 2010. Defoe also got 5 for Spurs against Wigan in November 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lemlin wrote: »
    Against Blackburn in November 2010. Defoe also got 5 for Spurs against Wigan in November 2009.

every record breaking stat seems to be against Blackburn :(

BNMC wrote: »

There were no bonus points when he did that and the question was GW score not match score so even with bonus it wouldn't have been right.

• Advertisement

Rooney got 32 in DGW before I think that might be the highest best single GW score I think is 28 from Lampard 4 goals & assist vs Villa. Back in the pre-FPL days Arsenal had a triple GW and Ljungberg got a massive score it was over 80 I seem to remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Leaves him needing like a 5.5 point average from his remaining games. You'd have to fancy that although some difficult games left.

Don't forget they have Norwich to play though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

His price next season will be humongous. I expect a "Suarez or Yaya?" thread.

I'll probably go with both at their crazy prices but the correct answer is no doubt Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

I'll probably go with both at their crazy prices but the correct answer is no doubt Suarez.

They cant keep the price more than 14M as they kept for RVP initially this season, otherwise you will not be able to buy other quality players initially for 100M.

Look at the flipside players like Mata, RVP, Michu and others will be cheaply available based on this year's form/injury. :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

sanket wrote: »
    They cant keep the price more than 14M as they kept for RVP initially this season, otherwise you will not be able to buy other quality players initially for 100M.

Look at the flipside players like Mata, RVP, Michu and others will be cheaply available based on this year's form/injury. :o:o

Mata would want to be 5m

• Advertisement

sanket wrote: »

If only they were as quick to drop prices as they are to bump them up! I would expect RVP and Mata to still be too expensive to have next season.

Mata would want to be 5m

Still wouldn't have him!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Next season already looks like Suarez, Yaya, Hazard and 12 others...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

They won't go higher than £14m.

It should have been that way already since January but amazingly there's people in my league without all 3 and in some instances 1 or 0 of them!

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    They won't go higher than £14m.

They might stretch to 14.5 I seem to remember Henry and Ronaldo starting that high and they didn't reach the same PPG as Suarez has this season.

It should have been that way already since January but amazingly there's people in my league without all 3 and in some instances 1 or 0 of them!

None?? There are people with none!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

None?? There are people with none!

Am sure there are 1000s who have none, probably wouldn't even know what they looked like and probably have no interest in the game.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Am sure there are 1000s who have none, probably wouldn't even know what they looked like and probably have no interest in the game.

Yep suffice to say they're not doing so well. But there's more than you'd think having only 2 out of the 3

Steven81 wrote: »

Yeh obviously there are 1000s of ghost teams that haven't made any changes since the start etc but anyone who is still playing must surely have at least 1 of them. I know there was one player in the top 50 at the start of the week who sold Suarez recently for some reason. Guessing they aren't in the top 50 any longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yep, or maybe which two do you take? But already I'm thinking Suarez will be vital for captaining, regardless of price.

Yep, or maybe which two do you take? But already I'm thinking Suarez will be vital for captaining, regardless of price.

He was the first player I added to the squad at the start of the season was already a must have at that point for me next season he'll be in every side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

He was the first player I added to the squad at the start of the season was already a must have at that point for me next season he'll be in every side.

You had him during his suspension?

You had him during his suspension?

lol forgot about that! As soon as that was done he was in. Although given my rank it does look like I had a team that didn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

7 game weeks to get 40 points and reach 300!!! He needs just under 6 points a game from here on out! He could easily do it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement