Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gas hob installation

• 09-01-2014 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

Hiya..the gas jets on my hob were leaking..now i gotta replace the unit..was wondering what i should be paying a rgi plumber to connect the new hob to the gas pipe underneath? thanks for the help..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Hiya..the gas jets on my hob were leaking..now i gotta replace the unit..was wondering what i should be paying a rgi plumber to connect the new hob to the gas pipe underneath? thanks for the help..

80/100 euro approx , line will have to be tested and cert issued upon completion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

Egass13 wrote: »
    80/100 euro approx , line will have to be tested and cert issued upon completion

and what if the installation has no service valve ,or new pipework/fittings are required to bring up to current standard , does 80/100€ cover that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

anuprising wrote: »
    and what if the installation has no service valve ,or new pipework/fittings are required to bring up to current standard , does 80/100€ cover that ?
    There isn't a service valve on any gas line. The lever valve is at the meter, and that's the only valve apart form valves at particular appliances. Replacing a hob is very straight forward and that price quoted is very accurate. If the new hob is going over into a different part of the kitchen of course the RGI will charge more for the parts and labour.

trobbin wrote: »
    There isn't a service valve on any gas line. The lever valve is at the meter, and that's the only valve apart form valves at particular appliances. Replacing a hob is very straight forward and that price quoted is very accurate. If the new hob is going over into a different part of the kitchen of course the RGI will charge more for the parts and labour.

please refer to your book ,the technical guidance document that was sent to all rgi s . (or your is813)
    section 7 page 43 and 44 fig56

all hobs require a service valve .

furthermore how can you say no gas line has a service valve ? a gas boiler has one underneath , a gas fire has one ,in fact its required that all gas appliances have a service valve other than a freestanding cooker which has a bayonet (self closing valve )

best of luck :confused::confused::confused:

please refer to your book ,the technical guidance document that was sent to all rgi s . (or your is813)
    section 7 page 43 and 44 fig56

all hobs require a service valve .

furthermore how can you say no gas line has a service valve ? a gas boiler has one underneath , a gas fire has one ,in fact its required that all gas appliances have a service valve other than a freestanding cooker which has a bayonet (self closing valve )

best of luck :confused::confused::confused:

If you know, why don't you share your knowledge instead of playing games, if Egass missed something or didn't add enough meat to the bones of it for you wouldn't it had been kind of you to have added to it to with your obvious knowledge to save from any silliness, instead we have our first bit of he said she said of the year.

• Advertisement

gary71 wrote: »
    If you know why don't you share your knowledge instead of playing games, if Egass missed something or didn't add enough meat to the bones of it for you wouldn't it had been kind of you to have added to it to with your obvious knowledge to save from any silliness, instead we have our first bit of he said she said of the year.

Your right there Gary , I was a bit thin with my post , I should of said 80/100 approx assuming currant hob is fitted to regs , if not then it will obviously cost more to bring it up to date with is8:13 standards

@gary71

if you read my first post there is a question mark at the end of it , it was a genuine question to see if this chap supply's all that is needed for a gas hob install . their was no malice or hidden agenda or he said she said .
    I found it extremely cheap but I have come across lads doing it for below that price .
    please point out to me where I went wrong as I will try and phase my questions better so that they don't offend you or cause you to read a double meaning into it-

my second post is to trobbit who posted misinformation in reply to a question I didn't ask . he stated in other posts he has no experience in gas work and not an rgi , yet posts on a subject , wrongly, that he has no or little experience of .

unless you are the boards mafia and are the only one allowed to rant , then I apologise , but , all things being equal I am justified in my posts on this thread .

like yourself I'm to 'grumpy ' to be kind
    :-)

Egass13 wrote: »
    Your right there Gary , I was a bit thin with my post , I should of said 80/100 approx assuming currant hob is fitted to regs , if not then it will obviously cost more to bring it up to date with is8:13 standards

None of us are perfect and your right in what you said and anuprising is right to say there is more to at times, but wouldn't it be a nicer place if fellow RGI's added to the information sought when they have the opportunity.

GHOST MGG wrote: »

Just to clarify for a simple swap with the pipework and fittings meeting regs the price will be as Egass mentioned but if it's more complicated as anuprising mentioned then the price is dependent on the work required, it is always worth getting a few quotes and asking the Rgi to explain what their doing so you can see if the quotes are like for like.

• Advertisement

@gary71

if you read my first post there is a question mark at the end of it , it was a genuine question to see if this chap supply's all that is needed for a gas hob install . their was no malice or hidden agenda or he said she said .
    I found it extremely cheap but I have come across lads doing it for below that price .
    please point out to me where I went wrong as I will try and phase my questions better so that they don't offend you or cause you to read a double meaning into it-

For the benefit of the op could you give a idea of costs and do you think it may have helped if you had in your original post;)?

If I'm honest my reply would of been similar to Egass as I don't spend much time doing hard work and would normally see that kind of work as just a call out charge, it's always nice when a more knowledgeable RGI gives more precise information.

I actually never even noticed this post , of course it wouldn't cover extra work as well you know if your an rgi , so no need to question me about it , I should of went into more detail but I was in the middle of something at the time , apologies

Advertisement