Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best view in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Yeah that's around ticknock, beautiful spot with great views. Would give you a higher up view but similar aspect as the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Great stuff, is that road there accessible to the public and would it be ok to drive it in a van do you know?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Yes it is accessible, it's a forest park sort of place with picnic tables and the like. Not sure if you'd get a van in, there may be one of those overhead barrier things to keep out caravans at the entrance...but not certain of the height of them, or the height of vans for that matter :P

Thanks a lot, maybe the google street view car couldn't fit under with the camera mounted on top which is why there's no footage :eek: I'll take a look in the car van to scope it out, thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Best of luck in your search but don't follow this example! Some bad language included ;)

• Advertisement

Haha, yeah I've seen that before. What were they thinking :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

cormie wrote: »
    Haha, yeah I've seen that before. What were they thinking :eek:

They certainly weren't thinking of anybody else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

my suggestions would be Ticknock or the Three Rock whichever preferred and Hellfire Club near Tallaght, great views from both of the points, there is some industrial motives in Ticknock - huge steel masts overlooking Dublin or some scary old buildings like Stone Age tomb - the Hellfire Club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

The Blue Light Car Park sounds like the place youre after ir from the top of 3 Rock

Thanks to you both, any chance of a google map link of these place? I'm getting a little confused now with all the different places :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Great, thanks a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks to you both, any chance of a google map link of these place? I'm getting a little confused now with all the different places :)

I am too ! :rolleyes:

Where is the Pine Forrest? I remember it having great views over Dublin. It used to be a favourite picnic spot of my parents, but I don't see it listed on any of those links. Does it have a more "official" mountainy name? :confused:

Advertisement