Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor quality broadband in large town

Options
  • 09-01-2014 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine was looking to get Sky bb installed and during the signing up process the Sky rep said that as the broadband in that area was so bad it would be pointless to continue. As you know its Eircom's lines that would be used.

So what's the story then? The area in question is along the main Ballybofey - Donegal Town road and less than a mile from the exchange.

On checking your efibre coverage map Ballybofey and Stranorlar are both shown as having efibre available but I have talked to quite a few people and no one has been able to get it. Personally I got an email from Eircom last November telling me it was now available and to complete an online "expression of interest" form but the following day I got a reply saying it wasnt available but that Eircom had all these other lovely packages and offers available to me.

So in summary why is the ordinary broadband so bad at the location stated above and why is Eircom stating that efibre is available when its not?

Look forward to your response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi muffler

Can you please send me a PM with the exact address in question and I can look into this for you in further detail or if you have a telephone number either will do.

Thanks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

PM sent a week ago and no answers provided. Im not surprised though.

Advertisement