Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Colleges you apply to see what courses you've picked in other HEIs on CAO form?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Filling out my application right now and I've come to the personal statement for CAO... and this question popped into my mind.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

afaik the CAO is private
    mature student applications are very internal to the HEI, the cao is only a formality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

No, they don`t

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

I'm not sure if they can see your other choices, but I do think they know where they are on your order of preference i.e. 1st, 2nd etc. I can't find anything to confirm this (I have a vague recollection of the RCSI only giving mature med offers if the applicant agreed to put them as their first choice). Someone else may be able to confirm. You could email the CAO and ask, they tend to reply reasonably quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

It appears that at the interviews I attended, the colleges already knew what courses I had chosen on my CAO application, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

I know at interviews I attended a few years back that they had my list of courses and the order in which I listed them and I was asked about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement