Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best method of getting a loan

Options
  • 09-01-2014 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to get a loan to purchase a new (used) car

I have a credit union account with my local CU i attempted to apply for a loan
    last but as i have never gotten a loan before and hence have no credit rating

I was told that i needed to first get a secure loan so i did as suggested
    and got a secure loan and paid it on time every week until paid off.

i then waited a few weeks and went to apply for the actual loan i was looking for 2k at the time had about 1k in savings when i went in i was told that before i could get a loan that i needed to have a few secure loans taken out.
    I was fairly annoyed by this and as i needed a car for my new job.
    I took the 1k i had and went a bought a car that I could afford.

as i so fairly annoyed i also stopped saving i was saving €20 every week
    i haven't lodged anything since then.

what i am asking is what would be the best method to begin the process to preparing to apply for a loan.

how am I supposed to gain a credit rating i don't have a credit card or anything like that i have no need for one nor do I want one.

is it odd that i would have to get a few secure loans before i could apply for an actual loan (also i don't understand the point of a secure loan why would anyone take out a loan if they had the money in the first place)

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Advertisement