Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junior Cert Study Plan Layout

Options
  • 09-01-2014 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My son arrives home from school today and tells me his mocks are in 3 weeks time please can someone layout a study plan as we are in such a panic subjects are as follows :
    Maths
    English
    Irish
    Spanish
    History
    Geography
    Business
    Art
    Religion
    CSPE
    SPHE
    All Higher Level
    I would kindly appreciate if someone could help with planning blocks how long to study a night how many subjects a night how and what is the best way to study so stressed please help: :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Firsty, he is YOUR son. He is not YOU. So I'm pretty sure it's going to be hard to determine how much he can study per session. Why are you panicking? Did he tell you he doesn't know his stuff or he's not studying?

It's going to be hard for someone to construct a study plan for someone else as different people last more or less than others, some people may find a particular subject and chapter easy, while the other guy doesn't.

I'm really not in the mood to retype a "how to study for ____". There is more than plenty of help already posted on this forum. Just please have a quick look around and you'll find one of my posts that cover a lot of material or one of the other many helpful posts.

Hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

SPHE isn't an exam subject so he won't be tested in that. CSPE I wouldn't necessarily worry too much about either, maybe just look at one or two exam papers to see what kind of stuff comes up.

Other than that, you don't need a specific study plan layout. Simply sit down, and see if he knows everything (obviously that's very unlikely) but start from there. Make note of anything he doesn't know very well and study it. It's as simple as that.

Finding how he best studies though is far more important!

Advertisement