Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS VITA TV

Options
  • 09-01-2014 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Couldn't find a thread on the the VITA TV...

This comes out in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines next week (Thursday 16th).

Here are the prices:

Singapore: Standard SGD149 (~86 euro). Value Pack SGD219 (~127 euro)
    Thailand: Standard THB4,590 (~104 euro). Value Pack THB6,790 (~154 euro)
    Malaysia: Standard MYR469 (~105 euro) . Value Pack MYR689 (~155 euro)
    Indonesia: Standard IDR2,599,000 (~158 euro). Value Pack IDR2,599,000 (~158 euro)
    Philippines: Standard PHP5,999 (~99 euro). Value Pack PHP8,599 (~142 euro)

I might be in Thailand next month and I am exploring the possibility of getting one when I am over there.

I know I could get hit by Customs but it's probably unlikely, I'll take it out of the box and place it in my bag and say its mine (it's tiny anyway).

The menus etc. would initially be in Thai, but I presume there will be an option to switch to English as English is so common in Thailand, and in fact the Thai PS Store can be displayed fully in English.....

I heard that the VITA TV could be region locked, does this mean I could only make purchases from the Thai PS Store? Or what does it mean?
    If so, I have been going through this site:

http://asia.playstation.com/th/en/regional/game?platform=psvitatv

And I have been looking at the games that say English version, and I have been looking these games up on Metacritic to see how they score.
    This is the list of 13 games that I have come up with:

Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
    Dead or Alive 5 Plus
    Dragons Crown
    Limbo
    Lumines
    Motorstorm RC
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Persona 4 Golden
    Rayman Legends
    Rayman Origins
    Soul Sacrifice
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Now I have to be honest and say I have never heard of a lot of those and have no idea what they are like... anybody got any opinions of some of the more lesser known games above?

Another factor is almost all of those are playable on PS3, which I own, so I'm wondering if it's worth it really.
    I don't have a Vita, I think the only games I'd be getting access to that I wouldn't get on PS3 are Muramasa Rebirth, Persona 4 Golden and Soul Sacrifice, but again I'm not sure if I'm right there or not.

In terms of buying the games off the Thai store, I guess I would have to buy PSN credit while I am there also..

When I'm playing on the VITA TV I wonder does it constantly have to be signed into PSN..? And if so, any concerns about being signed into the Thai PSN from Ireland, would that be detected and blocked by Sony for not actually accessing it from Thailand region?

Of course another HUGE benefit of the VITA TV if you own a PS4 is that you can use the VITA TV to use a second screen (that your PS4 is not connected to) to play your PS4 games, using the house Wi-fi. I don't have a PS4, so not much advantage for me there either. Though I will own one eventually..

What to do, what to do... :D

Thanks for reading, all views and opinions most welcome. Thanks. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It is region locked but not in the old hardware lock way, any PSN account that is not from a official release region isn't compatible. So you'll need to use any of the compatible account but not limited to Thai.

Where you are doesn't matter and the account region is fully dependant on what region you signed up for with no additional geo checks.

I'll be getting one but not until it's released here and mostly for remote play features for a second sitting room, while it'll likely work normally when the device is released here in time I'd not be bothered until then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any release for here no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Any release for here no?

It was going to be Asia only but Sony said after all the interest from the west, they were investigating releasing here. Looks promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There was a limit on 2 portable systems for you PSN account but that was increased to 3 recently, which make the Vita a better deal for me as I won't have to deactivate (PSP or Vita) to use one.

It comes with a dualshock 3 (at least the bundle does) but hopefully it'll work later with DS4 (I think PS4 games can use one but PS3 would be nice).

Advertisement