Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting + Rats

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

All those who think it's ok that this woman's partner has not already contacted the landlord re the rat problem, hands up.

If the landlord is not informed, they cannot fix the problem.

I don't care whose name is on the lease, if one partner is saying "ahh sure'n they're only rats, suck it up", that's not OK behaviour in my book.

That's all well and good but what has it got to do with the below??? :confused:
    OP, if your partner is controlling your life in this way, you may like to contact Women's Aid. Remember that abuse can be emotional, not only physical: http://www.womensaid.ie/

There is no way that you should be living in a house like that. The landlord should have been contacted as soon as the problem arose.

Who said anything about her partner controlling her life?? Or have I missed the boat on something?

Presumptions eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Back on topic please folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Thraxen

Back on topic please folks.

May I ask if you could close the thread. No need for it to be bumped any further :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Rats will burrow through masonry- if/when you find where they have made their holes- you really need to stuff them with steel wool.

I can attest to this. A few years ago while we were getting our house extended when they started knocking down part of the kitchen wall out fell a dead rat. Was a bit of a fright for the poor builder :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thraxen wrote: »
    May I ask if you could close the thread. No need for it to be bumped any further :)

Done.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement