Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to Dublin airport?

• 09-01-2014 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Need a bit of advice here travelling up to Dublin airport next week looking at my travel options I need some advice on it. My flights at 9:35 will be checking in online with no checked in luggage if I take the Dublin coach I'll get to the red cow at 7:40 and then the transfer to the airport leaves at 8:00 which means I should be at the airport at 8:20 anybody done this before or know how reliable it is? Alternatively I can get the kavanagh bus and get to the airport at 7:30 anybody know how reliable this is? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I made the same trip in August, I got a return ticket with JJ Kavanagh's service, the bus was there for ages before I got on and left at the right time, we arrived at the airport early too, the bus also had free wifi which was a bonus. I will be travelling to Dublin airport with them again next month, they're very good from my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Kavanagh is the best option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Kinda depends on your mind set... the 8.20 option is doable but tight at a very busy time at the airport...

I would pick the Kavanaghs option and have a snooze on the bus and breakfast in the airport and peace of mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

It depends whether you're travelling midweek or at the weekend, if midweek then I don't think a 20 minute transfer time from the Red Cow to the airport is realistic. Go with the earlier option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Dublin Coach is the way to go. Much quicker and cheaper too, and you won't have to get up so early. It might suit you better depending on where you live in Limerick too.

You issue is getting through the airport. Tricky on a Monday, but the other days should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Will be flying in to Dublin in Feb and need to take a bus to Limerick. How frequent are the services mentioned in this thread? I heard of one service offering a non stop (save for a brief stop in outlet center) trip to Limerick. Which company is running this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Aidric wrote: »
    Will be flying in to Dublin in Feb and need to take a bus to Limerick. How frequent are the services mentioned in this thread? I heard of one service offering a non stop (save for a brief stop in outlet center) trip to Limerick. Which company is running this?

Dublin Coach. Very frequent. You get the Dublin-Portlaoise service from the airport to the Red Cow, changing there for the Limerick bus. It stops at Kildare Village and UL on the way to Limerick. 5 euro airport-red cow and 10 euro red cow- limerick, single. www.dublincoach.ie

Advertisement