Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 09-01-2014 6:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,need to give up the ciggies badly.
    Looking up all the stuff you can get but I'm getting a bit confused.
    Are cartomisers instead of buying liquid?
    Do I need to buy wicks? How many?
    What my best option starting off?
    There's also clearomisers, heaters,coils.
    I smoke 20 JP blues a day so I suppose I'm looking for something that resembles them(starting off anyway).
    Thanks for reading and I appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I got a kanger twist starter kit from e smoke ireland two years ago and haven't smoked since. I stopped using it after about 5 months but I would never have stopped if I hadn't used it to wean me off. I also used the patches for the first month and read alan carrs book.
    With this yoke, you get your e liquid, pour it into the glass chamber, screw on the battery, press the button on the battery, which heats a coil in the glass chamber, vapourising the liquid and allowing you to smoke the contraption like a ciggy.

I've recently bought a TDM 850 on the strength of the money I've saved (if you need some inspiration :)

This is the one I got :
    You may think its a bit pricey coming in just below €60 but you'd be wrong :)
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thank for the info Skill Magill.
    Checked out that Kanger and think I will go ahead with it.
    I'm trying to add it to shopping cart on that website but it won't leave me select Kanger type or battery size.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Hoser

i went with this as my first purchase, alot cheaper than most shops or websites. had mine for about 3 weeks really happy with it

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/EVOD-KIT-INCLUDING-FREE-SPARE-COIL-CE4-ELECTRONIC-SHISHA-EGO-/111250755277?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&var=&hash=item19e70fcecd

have a read about evods they are preatty good to start with.

Hi Hoser, thanks for that.
    Pity I didn't see it before I ordered a Kanger.

Went on to The Best Shop and ordered the following,
    Upgraded Kanger starter kit,
    30ml Joyetech eLiquid- Flavour:
    Tobacco/TOB 16mg.

€61 delivered.
    Think that's all I need to get started,yeah?

Yep and It'll pay for itself in a week

• Advertisement

Yep and It'll pay for itself in a week
    do i need any spare parts for back up?
    btw, how's the TDM ?
    would u go for the 900 in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

16mg is a little bit low - (for someone going from john player blue) - however I guess you can see how you get on. Lots of places stock eliquid now so you should be able to pick some up if you need something stronger

In terms of ordering from the main irish web shops - you can't really go wrong when your starting out - as they will give you advice etc.
    And if you get faulty kit you can usually get some support.

Best of luck with it !

16mg is a little bit low - (for someone going from john player blue) - however I guess you can see how you get on. Lots of places stock eliquid now so you should be able to pick some up if you need something stronger

In terms of ordering from the main irish web shops - you can't really go wrong when your starting out - as they will give you advice etc.
    And if you get faulty kit you can usually get some support.

Best of luck with it !
    Cheers Richard.
    Yeah, hadn't a clue about the mgs.
    Thought i had plenty in 16mgs.
    Trial and error i suppose:)

blade1 wrote: »
    do i need any spare parts for back up?
    btw, how's the TDM ?
    would u go for the 900 in the future?
    I didnt need any anyway, its cool lookin too

Love the power and upright position, I went in to work on the cb500 today and felt like a fat man on a childs bike ;)
    I'd consider the 900 because I believe they don't use any oil, unlike the 850 which I seem to be topping up all the time. Its a dry sump too which is a pain to check.
    Better than ciggies though :)

Cheers Richard.
    Yeah, hadn't a clue about the mgs.
    Thought i had plenty in 16mgs.
    Trial and error i suppose:)

Trial and error - that's what its about really - when I started vaping I was comming off 20 marlboro red a day - and I found anything under 18 mg useless to be honest - however everyones different - and if you find the 16mg does the job (or even lower) then you'd be better sticking to the lower levels if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jack7

Intellicig.ie is a great website for electronic cigarettes.
    They are great products, liquid is eco pure. I am off cigarrettes for past year and a half now and find this great

jack7 wrote: »
    Intellicig.ie is a great website for electronic cigarettes.
    They are great products, liquid is eco pure. I am off cigarrettes for past year and a half now and find this great

i started on intellicig a couple of years back - and found them grand for a while - however very prone to leaking and I ended up back smoking.
    That was then - now ecigs have come on a lot in the meanwhile and from what I could see the last time I looked intellicig now have more advanced kit (rebranded standard ego stuff looks like).

The kit that blade1 has bought is as good or arguably better than the intelli pro series.

One thing that intellicig have going for them is the liquid on its own - which will work with blade1's kit as well - its quite pricey though relative to eliquid from other places.
    People have to make a decision themselves though what the are happy with in terms of eliquid - quality and traceability (or perceived at least) versus price really

Received my Kanger a few hours ago.
    Set it up,vaping away grand.
    There's a bit of Liquid coming through the tip though.
    Turned the tip downwards and it seems to drip.
    Is this normal or is it faulty?

I can't say my one ever dripped, but maybe it does when you hold it upside down. I'll try and dig my one out and see, I'll get back to you when I find it. I'd email e smoke if thats where you got it from and ask Paul, they were grand when I was dealing with them, he'll defo put you wide

I got it off the best shop.
    I think they are in Galway.
    There was two in the kit so I started using the other one and it seems ok so far.

What do you think? When I first used I thought it was a viable alternative to ciggies, and looking back I suppose it was

What do you think? When I first used I thought it was a viable alternative to ciggies, and looking back I suppose it was

It's ok, haven't had a fag since I got it.
    That's over 4 hours ago(that's a record for me)

Definitely lacks something that you get off a real fag but I'm not craving yet anyway.
    Actually, I think I can feel my chest after sucking on the Kanger.
    Feels like I've smoked a load of fags.

If I didn't have the Kanger though,I'd say I'd definitely be after folding by now.

Got 2 different tobacco flavoured liquids, 16 mg & 24 mg.
    24mg not really to my liking( kinds tastes like smelly sweat or something)
    16 mg is nice but a bit too weak.
    Overall it's all good so far( except the leaky clearomiser)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Got 2 different tobacco flavoured liquids, 16 mg & 24 mg.
    24mg not really to my liking( kinds tastes like smelly sweat or something)
    16 mg is nice but a bit too weak.

Which tobaccos? The strength of nic doesn't make anything sweaty.

I presume you've taken the faulty one apart and rebuilt it?
    and your right its not the same, but its a viable alternative. Have you got Alan Carrs book, its available as an audio book too, I used to listen to a bit of it as I was going to sleep. Every little helps :D

grindle wrote: »
    Which tobaccos? The strength of nic doesn't make anything sweaty.

No they were two different flavours.
    I think the smelly one is called Storm.

• Advertisement

I presume you've taken the faulty one apart and rebuilt it?
    and your right its not the same, but its a viable alternative. Have you got Alan Carrs book, its available as an audio book too, I used to listen to a bit of it as I was going to sleep. Every little helps :D

I don't know how to rebuild it yet.
    Not read the Alan Carr book(only recently realised it was not the comedian guy):pac:

I mean just unscrew everything, pour the liquid into something, clean it out and make sure when you're pouring the liquid back in, it runs down the inside of the glass and nowhere near the nozzle. Then screw it back together

I mean just unscrew everything, pour the liquid into something, clean it out and make sure when you're pouring the liquid back in, it runs down the inside of the glass and nowhere near the nozzle. Then screw it back together

Ah got ya!
    I'll try that tomorrow.
    Was pretty careful filling it though.
    What's the best way to clean it out?
    Is it ok to pour the liquid back into the the bottle it came in?

I cleaned mine out with vodka which is bullshít really, a good rinse in warm water does the same job.
    With regard to pouring it back in I'd say its ok as its still fresh, but if you leave it for a while I noticed that the liquid discolours a bit, I wouldn't pour that back in to the bottle.

Ok, thanks for all the advise.
    You've been a great help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If it's leaking and you're only new to using it, I'd say you accidentally got some liquid down the nozzle/hole in your clearo. My customers are always doing it. :pac: sometimes it's a case of pouring in too much too quickly as you're filling it, so while some liquid drips down, some overflows and goes into the hole.

You can follow a previous poster's instructions for cleaning it out :)

When the liqid discolours, it's still fine to use. It's just from it being exposed to the air, afaik.

Keep up the good work staying off the smokes :)

If it's leaking and you're only new to using it, I'd say you accidentally got some liquid down the nozzle/hole in your clearo. My customers are always doing it. :pac: sometimes it's a case of pouring in too much too quickly as you're filling it, so while some liquid drips down, some overflows and goes into the hole.

When the liqid discolours, it's still fine to use. It's just from it being exposed to the air, afaik.

Cheers, I'll clean it and start from scratch again.

Ok, I've taken it apart and cleaned it.
    Refilled and definitely got no juice in the inner tube.
    Took 3 puffs,turned it upside down and it's still leaking.
    A half an mg leaked out in under a minute.
    I filmed it so ye can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Is it bubbling or gurgling when you use it? If it is, you've gotteb liquid in the nozzle.

If not, it sounds like a faulty clearo.

• Advertisement

Is it bubbling or gurgling when you use it? If it is, you've gotteb liquid in the nozzle.

If not, it sounds like a faulty clearo.
    Must be faulty.
    It keeps dripping.
    Half the tank dripped out in the end.
    I think it would all leak out if I kept it upside down.
    I have ordered a new clearomizer.
    Changed the head(I think that's what it's called)and still the same.

Advertisement