Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will electronics bought from america work properly in ireland

• 09-01-2014 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Am asking this in regard to iphones,samsung galxy s4's,samsung tablets,led tvs and laptops ie macbooks etc without the need for a voltage converter

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It really depends on the item. Were you thinking of anything in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Yep.

Purchased a nexus5 there last November.

It uses a micro-usb charger like many handsets, so no issue charging it regarding voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

say

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Ipad 1-4
    Apple MAcBooks
    Samsung I9502 Galaxy S4
    Apple Airs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

say

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Ipad 1-4
    Apple MAcBooks
    Samsung I9502 Galaxy S4
    Apple Airs

All of those should probably be multi voltage and should be fine I'd say.

what about LED Televisions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Yep.

It uses a micro-usb charger like many handsets, so no issue charging it regarding voltage.

The only issue being that the 4G won't work in Ireland on an American Nexus 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Yep.

A US Nexus 5 doesn't work on European 4G/LTE networks but if you only ever intend to 3G then it won't matter. Same for US Galaxy S4.

for me a layman here what is LTE,4G and 3G there differences and if one doesnt work the other still work perfectly for wireless internet acces etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The only issue being that the 4G won't work in Ireland on an American Nexus 5.

3G was launched in Ireland 11 years ago & is still unavailable in my area.

We will be on the 'nexus27' by the time I need to worry about 4G!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

what about LED Televisions?

Check the input voltage. If it's 110V then it won't work without a transformer and probably not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement