Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skechers GoRun/Ride

Options
  • 09-01-2014 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Any one on here using these? Opinions please.

Comments

have skechers gorun 2 and love them. currently my preferred shoe. light (< 7 0z for UK 9) yet cushioned with 4mm drop. good road feel (take out insole for more if you wish). fits true to size. brilliant shoe. for comparison to say kinvara, lighter, better road feel yet still cushioned but not overly so (for me anyways). more a training / tempo shoe than a racing shoe as the sole is flexible and not firm.
    first version apparently had an obtrusive rocker insert in middle but in the second version this is much reduced and not noticeable at all. have only run in them up to about 15k but I don't see why they couldn't handle more. available for less than 60 euro online if you look (ebay, amazon). a third version out now afaik - gorun 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Cheers for reply. Would I be right in saying that you have been through lunarglides and pegs? Also,did you have to transition to the skechers slowly due to the minimal drop or could you just take up with them? If I was right about the glides and pegs,how do the skechers compare? One last thing,would they be good for marathon distance or would the go run ride be a better option for distance?

I'm not sure what you're running in at the moment. I used lunarglides up to 18 months ago (in rotation) but would find them too heavy now. these shoes compared to lunarglides are a lot lighter obviously, more flexible, less cushioned (but still cushioned). I had already been using shoes like kinvara (4mm drop) and even 0mm drop (not for me really). I personally didn't have any issue with change to 4mm drop as it's not super tough on the calves like a 0mm is. I would say that the go ride is more suited to marathon distances but it's more like the lunarglide in terms of shoe really. sme people could run a marathon in gorun but not everyone - I can't answer for your case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 upsidemark

I switched to skechers a year ago. I've used the gorun and the gorun rides. These are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever used. And they are they only shoes that don't give me blisters.

I've previously used Asics 2100's which gave me blisters on the tips of my toes. Then Asics Kayano's which felt too heavy and were narrower than the 2100's. I was then told that I should be using a neutral shoe and switched to Asics Cumulus, which were ok but still gave me blisters, and then I switched to Mizuno Waveriders which were too narrow and squished my toes.

At the start of last year I switched to Skechers and I love them. They are ridiculously light and really comfortable. I tried running in a pair of Asics recently and felt like I had a pair of flippers on.

I did my second Dublin Marathon this year using GoRun Rides.

And they're half the price of other brands!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

I was looking at them recently in one of the shopping centres and they certainly look like a great show. If the GF wasn't beside me and I hadn't already bought 4 pairs of Mizuno & Saucony in the online sales I would have been bringing a pair home with me.

They'll be top of my list the next time I go looking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Has anyone any experience of the Go Run Ultras??

Aparantly its very cushioned so has the feel of a Hoka but is more responsive. I guess I'm just wary of a runner that is so cheap! I saw them in the Skechers store in town for €60.

Aparantly its very cushioned so has the feel of a Hoka but is more responsive. I guess I'm just wary of a runner that is so cheap! I saw them in the Skechers store in town for €60.

runners cost only a few dollars to make. obviously there can be significant development costs but much of the cost comes from marketing and distribution. skechers do a lot of selling through their own retail outlets so this cuts out some of this cost. they are producing really good running shoe products now - read the reviews online.

glasso wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you're running in at the moment. I used lunarglides up to 18 months ago (in rotation) but would find them too heavy now. these shoes compared to lunarglides are a lot lighter obviously, more flexible, less cushioned (but still cushioned). I had already been using shoes like kinvara (4mm drop) and even 0mm drop (not for me really). I personally didn't have any issue with change to 4mm drop as it's not super tough on the calves like a 0mm is. I would say that the go ride is more suited to marathon distances but it's more like the lunarglide in terms of shoe really. sme people could run a marathon in gorun but not everyone - I can't answer for your case :)
    At the moment im rotating between lg4's and peg 29's but find myself leaning towards the pegs a lot more.

hi I'd say that the gorun ride is better suited for you for marathon distance (if that's what your planning) than the gorun. the ride seems to be just over 8 ounces for size 9 so a bit lighter than the lunarglides / pegs that you're used to.

glasso wrote: »
    hi I'd say that the gorun ride is better suited for you for marathon distance (if that's what your planning) than the gorun. the ride seems to be just over 8 ounces for size 9 so a bit lighter than the lunarglides / pegs that you're used to.
    Cheers for that. Yeah,I lean more towards distance as opposed to the shorter stuff.Size wise,how do they compare to the nikes i.e. 10 in Skechers=10 in Nike Pegs? I might buy online unless you can recommend somewhere in Ireland which may be as cheap or close enough.

• Advertisement

They are true to size - i.e. get your normal size... not sure what the price in the shops (various skeckers shops around - google) but online is probably cheaper although a previous poster did mention good prices in a shop but he didn't mention which one...

Which one? Cheers in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I would say he's talking about the Sketchers Stores themselves, there's ones in Blanchardstown Centre, Dundrum Centre, Liffey Valley, Henry Street and I think a couple of others around, Swords maybe (I know because before Christmas my daughter had her godmother chase around all these for a particular model of runner).

Blanchardstown anyway has a pretty extensive range of their running shoes so it's probably the same in all them.

Which one? Cheers in advance

Its on Henry Street. Was trying to get a link to the shop on google streetview but had no joy. I was in there just before Christmas.

might suggest ringing them up to ask what price the shoe that you want is at - could save you a wasted journey...

Cheers for reply. Would I be right in saying that you have been through lunarglides and pegs? Also,did you have to transition to the skechers slowly due to the minimal drop or could you just take up with them? If I was right about the glides and pegs,how do the skechers compare? One last thing,would they be good for marathon distance or would the go run ride be a better option for distance?

did you pick up the gorun rides in the end? if you did, how do you find them?

Not yet.Ill hold on till I get to the big smoke and see them in the flesh.Ill keep you posted

14% off in Skechers stores until Saturday COB. I was in there yesterday and picked up a pair of Gorun Ultras. Haven't taken them out for a run yet. Sizing is WAY off, I usually take a 10 but had to go down to an 8 :eek:

14% off in Skechers stores until Saturday COB. I was in there yesterday and picked up a pair of Gorun Ultras. Haven't taken them out for a run yet. Sizing is WAY off, I usually take a 10 but had to go down to an 8 :eek:

I take the same size in the go run 2 as normal shoes and they fit fine - bit strange that you went down 2 sizes.

Advertisement