Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jumps an jerks

Options
  • 09-01-2014 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all, my 10 week old recently started to jump an jerk his legs while raising his hands to his head an like rubs his head at the same time, he could do it anytime before a feed after a feed,, just find it strange, has anyone else experienced this with there babies??? Is it normal.. I'm.not sure if his uncomfortable or experimenting.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amicranky89

Don't worry babies do all sorts of new things and its completely normal..I have a 3 and 1/2 month old who done something very similar in the past few weeks.. If he is holding his ears it could be teething but if there's a temperature call the gp as that can indicate an ear infection but just rubbing their head is usually a habit.. my lo does it during her feeds and when shes tired.. As for those legs the muscles are getting stronger so those jerky movements are your lo having a little fun and exercising... All good signs.. But as a mother use your gut feeling if you're really worried ring your public health nurse for advice.. I know i worried way to much over silly things but always knew when it was a real concern.. Hope this helps..

Advertisement