Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Crystal Palace

Options
  • 09-01-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Ok, A must win game and one which i think we will comfortably.
    -1 @ 1/1
    -2 @ 11/4...NAP!
    Palaces mini revival i reckon is over, well especially away from home.
    Longing for Soldado to start banging in the goals, so i reckon he'll notch one or two in this one...
    Might even put him as captain in my FF!!

5-0 to Spurs.

Lloris

Walker
    Dawson
    Chriches
    Rose

Lennon
    Dembele
    Bentaleb :(

Eriksen

Adebayor
    Soldado.

Subs

Fredricks
    Freyers
    Kane
    Sandro
    Townsend
    Capoue
    Devlin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ok, A must win game and one which i think we will comfortably.
    -1 @ 1/1
    -2 @ 11/4...NAP!
    Palaces mini revival i reckon is over, well especially away from home.

-2 @ 11/4 NAP?

In their last four Palace beat Villa away 1-0, lost 1-0 at the Etihad, drew 1-1 at home to Norwich and won 2-0 away to West Brom.

Based on our sloppy defence of late I'd go with Tottenham to win and both teams to score @ 9/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

You may need to rethink the 5-0 scoreline. Pulis will have them set up solidly, and very hard to break down. I expect a drab affair until we score, if we score. I'd also start Townsend instead of Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I hope lamela gets some game time, I'd have Eriksen b4 townsend, we are not very good at bashing the door in, lets try and unlock it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

10 - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Both Eriksen and Townsend are so bloody frustrating. They could be brilliant, but fail to impact most games. Townsend tries too hard doing the same thing and I just can't believe how bad he is at shooting, whereas Eriksen (Man U aside) has done very little all season.

Sandro is back in training so I'd have him and Dembele in the middle with Lennon and Townsend, with the latter under strict instructions to get down the wing and cross the ball, which to be fair he had been doing more of before his injury.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    Both Eriksen and Townsend are so bloody frustrating. They could be brilliant, but fail to impact most games. Townsend tries too hard doing the same thing and I just can't believe how bad he is at shooting, whereas Eriksen (Man U aside) has done very little all season.

Sandro is back in training so I'd have him and Dembele in the middle with Lennon and Townsend, with the latter under strict instructions to get down the wing and cross the ball, which to be fair he had been doing more of before his injury.

It amazes me how this isn't pointed this out to Townsend, if he just stuck to this task then he'd be have great success. He unlike Lennon can deliver crosses consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Lloris

Walker
    Dawson
    Chriches
    Rose

Lennon
    Dembele
    Bentaleb :(

Eriksen

Adebayor
    Soldado.

Subs

Fredricks
    Freyers
    Kane
    Sandro
    Townsend
    Capoue
    Devlin.

Bentaleb is out, apparently. Devlin in maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

4-0 Soldado hatrick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Bentaleb is out, apparently. Devlin in maybe??

Haha pat devlin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

yiddo59 wrote: »
    4-0 Soldado hatrick

Were hardly going to get 3 penaltys are we. Boom Boom:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Every game now it's ''this is the one Soldado will start banging them in'':rolleyes: ,and we're still waiting.hopefully one day we'll be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tippspur wrote: »
    Every game now it's ''this is the one Soldado will start banging them in'':rolleyes: ,and we're still waiting.hopefully one day we'll be right.

We have to belileve. How could we sleep if we thought we are dependent on Ade.

Its all opinion but there was a problem at start of season with lack of quality service and since it may be a confidence issue.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lamela, Sandro and Townsend back from injury all three to start from the bench Townsend definetly not my favourite player would prefer Lamela to come on instead does more work defensively and actually gets assists even if he isn't a "constant threat" by running at players the whole time he's more intelligent with the ball I think.

For all the Soldado doubters, I think the majority of us are getting behind Soldado because we bitched and moaned for the last three seasons about not having a striker. Then the club went out and got Soldado for a club record fee, so we can't moan any more. He has to work!!

Soldado for the hat-trick!

We should all lump (a tenner) on it - it's like the film Elf, if we all spread 'Soldado cheer' it'll happen!

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He definitely wasn't getting enough service but he definitely is now.

However, even though he isn't hitting the target, he looks a lot more involved. Someone used a stat of Suarez, and there is no comparison between them as players, but it can happen that a striker is missing the target by small margins, and with a bit of confidence, all of those shots can start hitting the target.

He just needs to get his eye in and the confidence will soar and he'll start burying it.

On the other hand, it's possible that he won't get the breaks and the confidence will never flow until he's back in Spain with his tail between his legs. Hope that doesn't happen.

Agreed, he's definitely getting more involved and also getting more chances now. He's had more than a handful of attempts that he should at least have hit the target with so at least that's promising, but he needs to start putting them away or at least making the keeper work.

This won't be easy. Crystal Palace are just a shade worse than the Tony Pulis Stoke team that came to The Lane and won.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Agreed, Pulis will have them set up well, would love to see Eriksen, lamela and lennon behind soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Not a hope of Palace getting anything tomorrow except a spanking...
    #inDevowetrust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Not a hope of Palace getting anything tomorrow except a spanking...
    #inDevowetrust.

#kissofdeath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just got home to Ireland yesterday. Was a nose hair away from going to this game with my dad but decided against it as I've had a lot of bills the past couple months and then with Jetlag aswell it was unfortunately a no brainer.

Would love a win but will be gutted if they slaughter them and Lamela scores a hat trick or something... Purely because I decided against going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

irishmover wrote: »
    Just got home to Ireland yesterday. Was a nose hair away from going to this game with my dad but decided against it as I've had a lot of bills the past couple months and then with Jetlag aswell it was unfortunately a no brainer.

Would love a win but will be gutted if they slaughter them and Lamela scores a hat trick or something... Purely because I decided against going!

On the way to the airport for it now, if Lamella doesn't score a hatrick even if he's not in the squad I'm holding you to blame for this ;)

It's on setanta too later on as far as I know for any of you interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ok so surely Palace are going to go all out defend and hit Spurs on the break as has been done so many times before at the lane. Time to see have we learned any new tricks with unlocking defences. My guess is 2-1 to Tottenham with Palace getting a late goal and pushing for an equaliser at the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Emoran wrote: »
    On the way to the airport for it now, if Lamella doesn't score a hatrick even if he's not in the squad I'm holding you to blame for this ;)

It's on setanta too later on as far as I know for any of you interested

Enjoy it mate and say hello to all in the Volunteer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Team v Palace - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado.

If we are serious about Champions League next season, we need to be beating teams like Crystal Palace by two to three goals, even with our long injury list. It must be expected that they will defend in numbers, though this cannot be an excuse, we must show the ability to break them down and score at least a couple of goals.

Peno really badly missed by Palace after a clumsy tackle by Walker or Dembele

Fock me, what a howler.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

palace missed a peno? i cant watch the game sadly got go-karting to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

SuprSi wrote: »
    Peno really badly missed by Palace after a clumsy tackle by Walker or Dembele

Was Dembele

Advertisement