Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Crystal Palace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Followed by the greedy side of JD - should have passed earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well done Eriksen, starting to come good, now bulk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

So bloody greedy...been a good servant but thank god he's on his way.

Offside for the goal as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Final ball needs to be looked at. Have squandered a fair few.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

So yeh... Shame it wasn't Soldado going to Toronto. Getting fed up of him at this stage.

• Advertisement

oppiuy wrote: »
    So bloody greedy...been a good servant but thank god he's on his way.

Offside for the goal as well

Thank god he's on his way, really? Soldado couldn't pick up the clap at this stage, Ade isn't exactly prolific. Unlikely we'll sign anyone, therefore leaving us short of options.

Good result, much better 2nd half

Brutal first half, gotta cut that out. Happening far too often. Bentaleb reminded me of Carrick today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good win,two good goals and could have been more but the performance could have been a lot better also,we were lucky not to concede one near the end of the game,I think the last four corners Palace got they won them all in the air and got headers in,glad we weren't playing a good side today.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Naughton > Walker by a country mile.

• Advertisement

Hammar wrote: »
    Naughton > Walker by a country mile.
    That's the first bad game Walker has had for ages,he's miles better than Naughton ffs.

tippspur wrote: »
    That's the first bad game Walker has had for ages,he's miles better than Naughton ffs.

You what??? :eek:
    Walker has been at sea throughout the season. He can't defend to save his life.
    Completely overrated as a football player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ha Ha, my cunning plan worked. I knew that if I turned the match off things would improve.:D

You what??? :eek:
    Walker has been at sea throughout the season. He can't defend to save his life.
    Completely overrated as a football player.
    Rubbish talk,have you seen any Spurs games apart from today's? Walker has been our most consistent player this season albeit after a poor first few games.:(

tippspur wrote: »
    Rubbish talk,have you seen any Spurs games apart from today's? Walker has been our most consistent player this season albeit after a poor first few games.:(

Seen plenty,just because i don't post regularly in this section doesn't mean i don't watch games.
    Anyone who thinks the guy has been "consistently good" this year obviously is not a very good judge of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ok, A must win game and one which i think we will comfortably.
    -1 @ 1/1
    -2 @ 11/4...NAP!

Devo the official forum match thread creator??

Though probably not the official forum punter! :D:D

Devo you did the Utd thread too. I think you should do them all until the next one we lose ;)

Seen plenty,just because i don't post regularly in this section doesn't mean i don't watch games.
    Anyone who thinks the guy has been "consistently good" this year obviously is not a very good judge of football.
    Anyone who thinks Naughton is a better footballer than Walker is away with the fairy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Either way, glad to see we have a manager who is not afraid to pull Walker off when he's having a poor game.

We've mostly only seen Naughton play LB. RB is his preferred position, if he got a run if games at RB he might turn out to be a decent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I wouldn't say Walker has been one of our most consistent players all season, not by any stretch, but he's certainly much better than Naughton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Went over to this

Shockingly bad performance. Eriksen and soldado were bloody awful , even though eriksen scored

He was caught so many times in the first half it was horrible to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I was crying out for Walker to be dropped last season but he's been much improved this season, barring today.

He's still an accident waiting to happen but he gets away with bad defending most of the time cos he's so fast and strong. Certainly miles better than Naughton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

On a plus note after today, premier league safety guaranteed and £3,000,000 in prize money!!!

Walker seen outside the ground on crutches after the game apparently,more injuries.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Bentaleb had a good game and was unlucky not to get on the score sheet but why are we not playing Capoue when our defence is weak? He was immense v United, our best result under TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Bentaleb had a good game and was unlucky not to get on the score sheet but why are we not playing Capoue when our defence is weak? He was immense v United, our best result under TS.

I thought Bentaleb was possibly our best player yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I thought Bentaleb was possibly our best player yesterday.

As did I. Still, not sure why Capoue isn't playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

As did I. Still, not sure why Capoue isn't playing.

Would you play him ahead of Bentaleb? Couldn't really play the pair of them.

Maybe Bentaleb offers more offensively than Capoue? He certainly seemed to from yesterdays performance anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Bentaleb was best of a bad lot guys. It was truly awful stuff

Advertisement