Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Crystal Palace

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Bentaleb had a poor first half, as did the whole team. He picked up and had a very good game in the second half. He's a fantastic prospect. Though this doesn't change the fact that I believe Capoue should have started. Our defence looked completely unprotected.

Each member of the defence which started on Saturday has massive question marks over their head. So protection of that defence is key, Capoue has proved he is great at pressing, tacking and ball retention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Would you play him ahead of Bentaleb? Couldn't really play the pair of them.

If the manager is convinced Bentaleb is good enough then Dembele needs to be dropped. Somebody needs to protect the back four. Especiallly when our centre halves are Dawson and Chiriches. Even more so if you're not playing a natural winger on the left. Somebody needs to offer protection defensively. Against Palace we were cut open through the middle numerous time and we were lucky to be 0-0 at half time.

What do we do when Sandro comes back, not play him too? Too defensive? Capoue looked like our signing of the summer prior to his injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Walker is what i call a recovery defender....out of posiion a lot but gets back and recovers with his pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Devo the official forum match thread creator??

Though probably not the official forum punter! :D:D
    And i got the team selection bang on!!!!

Roll on Swansea!
    Reckon both teams to score and we win...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Walker is what i call a recovery defender....out of posiion a lot but gets back and recovers with his pace.

Thats a good description.

He'll get caught out against top players though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

If the manager is convinced Bentaleb is good enough then Dembele needs to be dropped. Somebody needs to protect the back four. Especiallly when our centre halves are Dawson and Chiriches. Even more so if you're not playing a natural winger on the left. Somebody needs to offer protection defensively. Against Palace we were cut open through the middle numerous time and we were lucky to be 0-0 at half time.

What do we do when Sandro comes back, not play him too? Too defensive? Capoue looked like our signing of the summer prior to his injury.

Sandro goes straight back in, and one of paulinho and dembele play with him, and bentaleb is used along the way to continue his development.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

EvwgWsg.gif
    Tasty from Bentaleb and Dembele.

Sandro goes straight back in, and one of paulinho and dembele play with him, and bentaleb is used along the way to continue his development.

Fair enough, I just don't understand why Capoue has been dropped having being one of our best players v United.

And i got the team selection bang on!!!!

Roll on Swansea!
    Reckon both teams to score and we win...;)

That NAP of yours wasn't so hot;)

Either was mine:o:o

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I just don't understand why Capoue has been dropped having being one of our best players v United.

Maybe he just wanted a bit more experience to start at OT, and now he has been given the chance partially through injuries / suspensions etc to blood someone whom he really fancies. In fairness to NB he hasn't put a foot wrong, but you'd have to have sandro in ahead of him.

Maybe he just wanted a bit more experience to start at OT, and now he has been given the chance partially through injuries / suspensions etc to blood someone whom he really fancies. In fairness to NB he hasn't put a foot wrong, but you'd have to have sandro in ahead of him.

Actually read in some rag today that Capoue has been remprimanded by Sherwood for unprofessionalism. Maybe something in that.

Actually read in some rag today that Capoue has been remprimanded by Sherwood for unprofessionalism. Maybe something in that.

Yea saw that, strange if true isn't it

Yea saw that, strange if true isn't it

It is, I'm wondering if Levy has said to Sherwood you can spend if you sell? He decides to sell Capoue and Holtby and replace with Bentaleb and Carroll freeing up some cash for a player. Total speculation on my part of course:)

It is, I'm wondering if Levy has said to Sherwood you can spend if you sell? He decides to sell Capoue and Holtby and replace with Bentaleb and Carroll freeing up some cash for a player. Total speculation on my part of course:)

You could be right, maybe he sees carroll and bentaleb as better players for the future than the other pair, and with defoe going too maybe we might get someone after all

Advertisement