Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RásUCD Sat 5th April

Options
  • 09-01-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I've very little info on this race, we have really only fixed down the date yet and it will be the usual 2laps 5k course, however I'll try get word out about the date at least if anyone wants to put it in their diary! The website (which hasnt been updated from last year yet) is here: http://www.ucd.ie/rasucd/en/ loads more info to follow over the next few weeks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ok, I've very little info on this race, we have really only fixed down the date yet, however I'll try get word out about the date at least if anyone wants to put it in their diary! The website (which hasnt been updated from last year yet) is here: http://www.ucd.ie/rasucd/en/ loads more info to follow over the next few weeks!
    Is this still a 5k? Might be in the plan, if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Is this still a 5k? Might be in the plan, if so.

Doh, forgot to mention that, edited above now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Did this last year, in fact it was my first ever 5k. Still my PB :D

Registration is up and running and you can get your entry in here: https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=6573654&int=29-110-1

Ok one week to go! Registrations coming in thick and fast, so get registered asap as only the 1st 500 get a tshirt and goodie bag! Also, prizemoney of 100, 60 and 25euros for the top 3 male and females. Finally, the course this year has changed slightly, due to roadworks on campus. There will be a new startpoint, which is about 300m away from the old startline outside the sports hall (registration point), so you'll need to allow afew minute to get there. The course is about 1 and 3/4 laps long. Full AAI permit, and we are getting the new route measured and marked by an official course measurer during the week, so you can be sure its a genuine 5km!

KdTFPf8.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Looks lovely! See you there. Any chance of a cuppa after? Or brack? Runners love brack.

*just entered and on the active events page it says Fri 4th. I presume it's still Saturday?

The spread there last year would have to be seen to be believed. It's an encouragement to finish quickly.

Looks lovely! See you there. Any chance of a cuppa after? Or brack? Runners love brack.

*just entered and on the active events page it says Fri 4th. I presume it's still Saturday?

Hmmm I may get that fixed, yep sat!

PaulieC wrote: »
    The spread there last year would have to be seen to be believed. It's an encouragement to finish quickly.

:eek: I'll take that on board. If it's anything like UCC today I'd be delighted!

Online reg closing for this tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

Online reg closing for this tonight!!

Thanks for the heads up :)

I see there's a team competition, how many score do U know?? A few of us are gonna head up...

Also is there on-the-day entry??

anyone else get this in an email today ?

"Your payment did not go through but on the day you can pay at the online registration desk where you will collect your race number and chip. "

I know it's for charity, but they better not be charging me again when I arrive on Saturday morning

anyone else get this in an email today ?

"Your payment did not go through but on the day you can pay at the online registration desk where you will collect your race number and chip. "

I know it's for charity, but they better not be charging me again when I arrive on Saturday morning

I think there ia a bug in the system generated emails, we are looking into it, If you paid you will not be charged again!

I think there ia a bug in the system generated emails, we are looking into it, If you paid you will not be charged again!

ah yes the old "bug in the system" :P. I got a follow up mail telling me same...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

sent you an email...my result is out by about 12 minutes and 225 places ��

Mine really doesn't seem right either...says it took me 18 mins to do the first loop but as I was going past the announcer guy he shouted out that we were coming up to 15 minutes!

sent you an email...my result is out by about 12 minutes and 225 places ��

Sorted now, thanks ChampionChip!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

That's correct but the time for the first lap was taken when you crossed the start mats again further round from the announcer.
    Mine really doesn't seem right either...says it took me 18 mins to do the first loop but as I was going past the announcer guy he shouted out that we were coming up to 15 minutes!

Advertisement