Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rubber zipper tag/pull on Hein Gericke broke - repair?

• 09-01-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Hey, the rubber part of my zipper pull on my Hein Gericke jacket just broke off today. The metal bit remaining is too short to be useful...the holes in it to hold the rubber on are tiny and it seems fairly custom, so I don't think I can find some generic replacement online that would just attach on.

I figure with all their administration issues lately, there is no point even trying to get it fixed by them. It's not worth a trip to the north either.

So, I'd obviously like to get this fixed. Anywhere around here (Leinster) that can replace the zipper with something similar? The metal bit remaining will probably have to be removed, so the size of the new part matters.

No idea on sizes/compatibility myself, so don't wanna buy online and try to replace myself, and not sure if one needs a special tool to attach it (but would otherwise).

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

works wonders...
    6200188280nickelplated.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Paper clip is neater IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I used a tiny cable tie.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

$(KGrHqEOKnQE6O(ZEyKBBOqqJcDvBw~~60_35.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Oryx wrote: »
    $(KGrHqEOKnQE6O(ZEyKBBOqqJcDvBw~~60_35.JPG

I cannot believe someone when to the trouble of inventing that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

With a 3d printer we could all just print off things like that :) Some day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

+1 on the keyring ring. Have been using one on my HG jacket for years. Are they in administration? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

+1 on the keyring ring. Have been using one on my HG jacket for years. Are they in administration? :(

Yep, see thread here for info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Thanks all for the responses. Made my own using a cable tie and a bit of tube, attached to the original metal bit. Was temporary, but looks only beautiful, so might keep.

zip.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    works wonders...
    6200188280nickelplated.jpg

I've that myself. It's handy to hang the shades on if I'm not using the tinted visor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

www.sugru.com

I replace all mine with this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

www.sugru.com

Didn't even know it existed :eek:, great share dude thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

www.sugru.com

Looks good! Is it bendy once set? Also, how strong/tearable is it? Must give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

rat_race wrote: »
    Looks good! Is it bendy once set? Also, how strong/tearable is it? Must give it a try.

Yip - bendy and strong. I noticed PCWorld in Galway had it in stock as well so you mightn't have to go too far to buy it.

Advertisement