Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

having so much trouble with youtube on laptop - please help!

Options
  • 09-01-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

i can't watch a video anymore, it just wont load. however long i leave it it won't fill the buffer anymore the way it used to. i am tryin to watch a video now in 360p and its stopped again. i am running firefox and have tried chrome but the same deal.

the funny thing is, when i use the youtube app on my ps vita i can watch the same video in 720p without any bother. it takes maybe 3-4 seconds to load a buffer and then i can watch it perfectly. i can jump forward and back without any problem but on the laptop its just crap. is it something to do with a server setting?

i did google it but most people were saying to use a third party loader thing for firefox. is there anything else i can do like change it to a different server? i't really getting on my nerves. cant even watch a video:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You could choose the lowest resolution.

What model laptop is it?
    Have you tried upgrading the graphics driver or rolling back to a previous version?
    Tried a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

breadbin wrote: »
    ii did google it but most people were saying to use a third party loader thing for firefox. is there anything else i can do like change it to a different server? i't really getting on my nerves. cant even watch a video:(

I had the same issue a while back. Couldn't watch YouTube on the laptop but worked grand on the phone. I installed that YouTube Center for addon and it definietly improved things. I'm sure there was an issue with my bb as well though and that seems to have rectified itself. Between the two, I'm back to a useable YouTube experience. I only have a 3MB line btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

yeah i've tried chrome and internet explorer with the same results. i think 360p is the lowest i can go for quality. i think it has something to do with the flash player. i never liked it. its pure crap. i might try the youtube centre add-on. the laptop isnt great but its new, dual core and 4gb ram. my bb is 8mb so like i can download a megabyte a second but not in flash apparently. its as if it has been capped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Maybe try updating the flash player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I don't think the flashplayer plugin for FF were ever meant to be together, only for Chrome I'd be lost.

Why can't adobe & mozilla sort this out once and for all.:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement