Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2Yr old sleep going from bad to worse!

Options
  • 09-01-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Help!!!! My darling 2 year old daughter was never a great sleeper but since Christmas things have being going from bad to worse.
    For example last night she went to bed after her story (got up twice but went down then). She woke at 2.40 and came in to us i put her straight back to bed and this continued back and forth til 5.10 2.5 hrs!!!! She wasn't crying or refusing to get into bed and I didn't speak to her at all. Last night was particularly bad but every night she is up anything between 2 & 8 times.

Any advice or similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bresy

Hi Alde , I had a similar experience with my wee boy at that age.... He was awful and was one of the most stressful and harrowing experiences Ive had . Unfortunately theres no real help I can give as i sounds like you are doing everything you should be doing .... When I went through this I read up a lot and basically the minute they get out of bed you lead them back into bed, try to avoid eye contact and do not speak to them ..... I think if you speak to them or acknowledge them they get used to looking for a response or support to get back into bed.

So keep doing what your doing back into bed each time not talking and it will unfortunately take a few weeks but you should notice it happening less and less as it goes on. Kids are pretty smart and pick things up quick ....

Good Luck and stay strong

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Thanks a mill we will keep going and TRY to stay strong it's so easy to give in and they know exactly how to play the game. She realised last night that I kept getting up and putting her into her bed so after an hour she started with the ' Daaad' its funny thinking back but no fun last night
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bresy

ha yeah like I said they are smarter then most people give them credit for and , well you know what shes doing ... Shes looking for attention and mummy isnt doing it so she tries daddy to see if he does. So that is another important thing too , both you and your partner have to be in unison and do the same thing . One cant give in or it wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Much much better last night after a bedtime battle she slept all night in her own bed woke once but returned to her bed without any further battles. I won't say we are there yet but here's hoping :-D

Advertisement