Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 3gs problems

• 09-01-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭

I got a new iphone 3gs replaced last year.
    I opened the box and started using it in June and it has given me nothing but heartbreak since!
    Apps freezing slow messages..
    But for the last month it keeps turning off randomly.
    I have searched online and it is a software issue.
    The phone has been in use since June. Not a long time.
    I know it's an old model but truly it should still work.
    I want to speak to someone and plead my case but the only option is see is paying for a one time support fee!

Is there anyway around this/ should I call an apple store!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP have you restored the device to new and see if the issue persists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

djdunny wrote: »
    OP have you restored the device to new and see if the issue persists?

No!
    'cause I really don't want to lose my texts (sad I know!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lunaarli wrote: »
    No!
    'cause I really don't want to lose my texts (sad I know!!)

Back the phone up in iTunes or iCloud first.

kensutz wrote: »
    Back the phone up in iTunes or iCloud first.

FYI, iCloud wobt back up your text messages. Only itunes will back up your text messages.

heres a step by step to help you back up with iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

djdunny wrote: »
    FYI, iCloud wobt back up your text messages. Only itunes will back up your text messages.

heres a step by step to help you back up with iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

Actually they do backup/restore your text message. Have restored my iphone multiple times. The only thing it won't restore is your music that you didn't purchase on iTunes, but will restore fine if you have iTunes Match.

• Advertisement

Actually they do backup/restore your text message. Have restored my iphone multiple times. The only thing it won't restore is your music that you didn't purchase on iTunes, but will restore fine if you have iTunes Match.

ah ok i stand corrected. always thought that it didnt back up your messages.

Advertisement