Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile... every little helps, ha!

Options
  • 09-01-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

On Christmas Eve I signed up for Tesco Mobiles 12 month contract and bought a prepay Nokia Lumia 1020 (approx. 600euro cash paid). I won't write the other 4 problems I have had over the last 2 weeks, however, I feel I must share most recent experience.

My phone is faulty and the battery life is awful. I rang customer service and they said the only way of getting my phone replaced is to send it back by post and reorder another one online, leaving me without a phone for 4 days MINIMUM!! This type of customer service is awful, and I don't understand how they expect to have LOYAL customers if you are not interested in looking after them!

What's their catch phrase... every little helps? Well no one was willing to help me! Anyone thinking of joining Tesco mobile... DONT!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They responded to your query and offered a solution.
    Just buy a cheap payg while your one is being repaired.
    Then if it is irreparable they should offer a like for like.

I think your expectations are for too high

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In fairness as long as they credit you back that period of your contract and repair the phone i don't see that as being unreasonable.

You say nobody is willing to help you but yet you don't even mention if you even looked for a temp phone during the 4 days,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did you buy the phone in a store? If you did just go back to the store and it will be replaced with another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Did you buy the phone in a store? If you did just go back to the store and it will be replaced with another one.

I think the store have the right to repair instead of replace. You might not get a new phone in all cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

On Christmas Eve I signed up for Tesco Mobiles 12 month contract and bought a prepay Nokia Lumia 1020 (approx. 600euro cash paid). I won't write the other 4 problems I have had over the last 2 weeks, however, I feel I must share most recent experience.

My phone is faulty and the battery life is awful. I rang customer service and they said the only way of getting my phone replaced is to send it back by post and reorder another one online, leaving me without a phone for 4 days MINIMUM!! This type of customer service is awful, and I don't understand how they expect to have LOYAL customers if you are not interested in looking after them!

What's their catch phrase... every little helps? Well no one was willing to help me! Anyone thinking of joining Tesco mobile... DONT!

All of them do that.

In fact i'm surprised they didn't offer a repair and you would have to wait longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

All of them do that.

In fact i'm surprised they didn't offer a repair and you would have to wait longer.

Think you expectations are a but high here...have you been to the phone shop itself?

It is Tesco's policy that if you buy an electrical item and it's found to be faulty , you just have to return to the store and they will replace the item at the customer service desk.

You need you receipt.

What store did you go to?

When you bought the phone you should have gotten a little folder for the receipt, the returns policy is printed in that.

PS, I dont understand how you signed up for a 12 month contract, but didn't get a phone and had to but a phone separately. Not that it matters in relation to your faulty phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

wmpdd3 wrote: »

PS, I dont understand how you signed up for a 12 month contract, but didn't get a phone and had to but a phone separately. Not that it matters in relation to your faulty phone.

Yeah have to agree. A contract with no phone is a bit hard to believe. But then again this is the internet. Anything can happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

brokenarms wrote: »
    Yeah have to agree. A contract with no phone is a bit hard to believe. But then again this is the internet. Anything can happen!

Some networks offer a discounted sim only rate if you sign a contract.

SIM only with Tesco mobile is 30 day, not 12 month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I'm with the crapy Tesco mobile was given no phone just signed a 12 months contract that i'm having terrible problems with their service and network and cant get out of.I told them I wanted to cancel my contract and was told id have to pay 245.00 for a practically non existent service for my HTC One phone.The manager in Tesco Mobile said my phone was to advance for there Network.....So now Im going down the road of writing letters to there Head Office and Mobile Customer service dept.Word of advice never go to Tesco Mobile as they are they are worse crowd to deal with ever:mad:

You have 7 days to cancel your contract and pay nothing except for the calls and texts you have made. All you need to do is put it in writing within 7 days of signing up.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/terms/tcs-pay-monthly.aspx
    12.8 You may request a Tariff transfer by notifying Customer Care. However, within any Minimum Term, you cannot move onto a Tariff with a lower monthly payment unless the charges for the new Tariff exceed the total tariff charges for the remainder of the existing Service Agreement. This does not affect your right to cancel your contract under paragraph 3 (Cooling-off Period) or paragraph 5 (Ending this Service Agree you can also change to a higher plan if you wish by entering into a new Service Agreement.

Its in paragraph 3 of your contract.

If you tried to cancel before 7 days and noone told you about this maybe you could complain about the information you were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement