Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European small claims court.

Options
  • 09-01-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried to make acclaim against a European company? I bought a car polisher from duke-Handel in Germany. It arrived but was faulty so I e-mailed them.
    They initially sent out a replacement switch but if could not fit it so I mailed them again & they said I could send it back at my cost & they would repair it or I could pay £20 & they would send a new unit.
    I refused to pay as under distance selling laws they are responsible for all shipping costs but they refuse to budge on it. I even got onto the European consumer agency who attempted to deal with them but still no joy.
    Duke-Handel have been rude inconsiderate & unhelpful in all fealingswith them.
    I was wondering if anyone has used the European small claims court for something like this? It's not much money but it's the principle behind it driving me,& the offensive manner they use when they have contacted me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

You use the standard Irish small claims procedure which has EU-wide effect under various directives and regulations. The cost is €25. Bear in mind, getting a judgment is one thing, enforcing it is another thing entirely.

Advertisement