Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Deposit

Options
  • 09-01-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

I need some advice -we have paid a booking deposit towards our house a new development. we paid 5,000 the value of the property was 240,000 . All documents from the builders solicitor were slow and we only received them this week and our solicitor now has some questions and wants some clarifications. Therefore we cant sign the contract yet, But I just noticed on daft yesterday that the price of the house has gone up, can they now charge us more for the house - it is in a development , so they may mean other houses. but I am worried that our booking deposit doesn't count towards the house as it is fully refundable, can they say no to us and ask us to pay more now?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the property forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

but be careful to steer clear of asking for anything that might constitute legal advice.

Advertisement