Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static IP address facility carried through to eFibre connection?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,
       My broadband connection was upgraded to eFibre yesterday. I had paid for the facility of a static IP address a few years back with my old eircom broadband, and was just wondering if this facility had been carried though to the new eFibre connection?

I understand that my new IP address might be different to my old static IP address, but I am anxious to make sure that it is a static IP address, and wont be changing.

Thanks, 
     Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

knucks wrote: »
    Hi,
       My broadband connection was upgraded to eFibre yesterday. I had paid for the facility of a static IP address a few years back with my old eircom broadband, and was just wondering if this facility had been carried though to the new eFibre connection?

I understand that my new IP address might be different to my old static IP address, but I am anxious to make sure that it is a static IP address, and wont be changing.

Thanks, 
     Paul
    Hi knucks
    let me check this out for you.. I will be back soon.
    Tony

Hi,

Thanks, 
     Paul
    Hi knucks
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Static IP’s will remain even if upgrade to eFibre and will not change. There can be the odd time when it does not activated immediatly after upgrade. I would suggest calling tech support on 1890260260 and have them check this for you. [/font]
    Or if you PM me with your tel no. we can have them check also.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭knucks

Hi,

Thanks, 
     Paul
    Hi knucks
    Static IP’s will remain even if upgrade to eFibre and will not change. There can be the odd time when it does not activated immediatly after upgrade. I would suggest calling tech support on 1890260260 and have them check this for you.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony... PM sent

Hi,

Thanks, 
     Paul
    Hi knucks
    Static IP’s will remain even if upgrade to eFibre and will not change. There can be the odd time when it does not activated immediatly after upgrade. I would suggest calling tech support on 1890260260 and have them check this for you.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony... PM sent
    Hi knucks
    Static has been applied for you now. Let m eknow if ok.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭knucks

All good Tony, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

All good Tony, cheers!
    Thankls for letting us know knucks

Al

Advertisement