Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing business with a company in Pakistan - best way to transfer money

Options
  • 09-01-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi
    I am in discussions with a company in Pakistan about doing business potentially. I would be contracting them to do work for me. So, I'd be paying them. I'm trying to think of the best way to transfer money to Pakistan. Obviously PayPal is very expansive (but convenient). Or maybe I should think about bank transfers as a method of payment. Are there any issues I should be aware of when transferring money to Pakistan. Are there more efficient ways of transferring money that you know of? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Unless you have someone on the ground in Pakistan that you trust, ensure that whoever you use to transfer the money can get the money back for you if the company in Pakistan doesn't come through with the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I think I would play safe initially and go with Paypal for the reasons the_syco gives at least then you have a bit of protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Villa00

Western Union is very expensive. For price I found Moneygram the best value. Be very careful I've had good and very bad experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Because of the distance and unreliability aspects, maybe you should consider using an escrow of some sort. Adds to the cost but massively increases the security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Pakistan has an embassy here so they must have some trade officials. there are many Pakistani business people operating in Ireland, so the main banks must have relaible money movement systems in place. If all else fails you might find someone on this link to help https://www.facebook.com/PakistaniCommunityInIreland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What kind of business is it? If its web or development based then you would be best to go with an escrow payment and that way everything is managed and both parties have some security. Avoid western union, also with paypal digital transactions have been known to cause issues as there is no product being traded that you can track with post etc to prove it was received.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spinga

I dealt with Pakistan for years , stay away from western union , paypal etc ...bank transfer is best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Dgriff wrote: »
    Hi
    I am in discussions with a company in Pakistan about doing business potentially. I would be contracting them to do work for me. So, I'd be paying them. I'm trying to think of the best way to transfer money to Pakistan. Obviously PayPal is very expansive (but convenient). Or maybe I should think about bank transfers as a method of payment. Are there any issues I should be aware of when transferring money to Pakistan. Are there more efficient ways of transferring money that you know of? Thanks

Find an "ethnic" shops that serves the Pakistan community and you will find they have a money transfer service that deals with Pakistan and should be cheaper than most banks

Advertisement