If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TV(s) do the Richer Staff own?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Hi John & Co.

I've bought a few TVs (via Philips store), Blu-Ray players etc... over the last number of years and have been very happy with your recommendations.

I'll be looking at a new TV for 2014 and I thought it would be interesting for me (and others I'm sure) to see what you and your team actually own and parted your hard earned cash for - be it LCD / Plasma. Samsung or Pana etc...

Any chance you could compile a short list for us to peruse. The size of panel doesn't concern me in the list - just the make, model and if its LCD or Plasma.

I'm only interested in a TV in the short to medium term but perhaps you could expand this type of thread  to  include AV receivers. Speakers. Misc etc...

@Ritz - if this is not appropriate for this forum please feel free to move /edit / delete.

Regards,
    Q

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

- @Ritz, we'll let this one ride as it's a bit of fun and it'll let the boardies get to know a little bit about us.

Hi Q, interesting post !

I have a Panasonic TXP50ST50 plasma, previously a Pioneer PDP435FDE which is now in the back room. Love it. Great picture, features and handles motion brilliantly although some people would say that watching my favourite team (Liverpool) might break the TV.

Staff 1 Pioneer 42PDP428XD (Living Room) - Panasonic 32E6 (Bedroom)
    Staff 2 Sony 47" 7 series (Living Rooom) - Lg 32" (Bedroom)
    Staff 3  Pansonic 42GT30 plasma (Living Room) - Philips 42" 8 series led (Bedroom) / Samsung T27A750 (Bedroom)
    Staff 4 Samsung 51" Plasma
    Staff 5  Panasonic TXL55ET60 (Living Room)

I have omitted the other staff members names as they may not want others to know what they own, but all these models are accurate although not everyone was in today so we are missing 2.

Hope that helps but good post !

PS - Any comments about my beautiful team may result in deletion of thread :)

ATB

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

PS - Any comments about my beautiful team may result in deletion of thread :)

ATB

Dave
    'beautiful?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I know one of the other guys has a Philips 8 series - I have an ageing Sony 8 series which is great ( except for the purple line of pixels missing on the left hand side - I'm shopping for either a GT60 / DT65 / WT65 right now dependant on how nice Ursula is to me and how I get on with the Panasonic Rep tomorrow :) .

In the bedroom I have a projector which was probably last switched on two years ago and around the house all the other TV's are various Philips panels .

On the audio front - I have a 12 year old Opus multiroom system, which has never missed a beat even though it goes literally 24 hours a day - speaker are a couple of Linn in-ceilings and lots of Monitor Audio in-Ceilings and Radius 90 in the office, all partnered with MA Radius 360 and 370 subwoofers hidden in most rooms. (even with all that kit - I'm sittting here listening to my beloved Monitor Audio White Airstream ( one of three we own!)

My 'semi-serious' hifi system is a Revox with a pair of Elac Jet 330's ( google them - they are fantastic) - but the trusty Revox will be retired and I'm replacing it with the Denon 100 Anniversary series PMA - A100 amplifier and the Universal Player BP-A100
    http://www.denon100.com/#/en/products/headphones I'm really tempted by the Naim uniticute 2 as well and I'm grabing one of these over the weekend and I can see it coming into stock as well ( don't tell Ursula) http://www.whathifi.com/review/naim-unitiqute-2 we are just starting to stock the Naim Uniticute and I'm seriously impressed with them!

- I have lots of other legacy audio around the house which I cant bear to part with from Naim, to Quad 22's to Lescon, to Revox B77 and lots of more recent stuff - I have some amazing headphoes from Sennheiser and Grado, but I use a cheapo pair of Philips which are amazing every day when I run - I've had them for about 2 years now and they are thrashed and still sound great and are as new... 

I'm sure I could be reminded about lots of other stuff that should be gone ages ago if Ursula ever gets to see this post!

Whilst we are chatting about hifi - hope everyone is going out to buy the new James Vincent McMorrow tomorrow - It looks like it will be fantastic:

Fun thread!

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I have an 8 series Philips and its impressive when calibrated. Since Philips pulled out of the Irish market I have nowhere to purchase 1, can ye guys at richer source any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Thanks for obliging guys - very much appreciated.

It's nice to get a picture of what you all appreciate in your AV stuff and it'll make my decision a bit easier.

I've just moved house and will be planning a TV purchase soon (hopefully - need to get permission first). My previous TV purchases with you were for family so I've yet to actually take advantage of your TV offers to date.

My current TV is a Series 3/4 (??)  LCD Samsung - its been very kind to me since I bought it ~8 years ago. 

I'll be back onto you soon once the approval comes in.

Thanks again,

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Anyone find Panasonic Viera great but wifi drops way too much ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Another question on Panasonic. How's the reliability of their TVs? I've never owned a Panasonic TV but might be interested in purchasing one in the future.

The reason I'm asking is because I've owned a few Panasonic items in the past and they have all had very short lifespans.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Another question on Panasonic. How's the reliability of their TVs? I've never owned a Panasonic TV but might be interested in purchasing one in the future.

The reason I'm asking is because I've owned a few Panasonic items in the past and they have all had very short lifespans.
    Hi Johnboy,

From a retailer point of view I couldn't recommend Panasonic TVs enough.  Very reliable screens :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Hi Johnboy,

From a retailer point of view I couldn't recommend Panasonic TVs enough.  Very reliable screens :)

Chris
    Cheers for the reply. That's good to know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Leinster.

The wifi is very heavily reliant on the wifi signal.

My ST50 wasn't great with wifi until I added a wifi repeater close to the TV.

If the wifi is dropping out, it's usually signal related and something like the homeplug kits can resolve that quite easily and are inexpensive.

ATB

Dave
    Anyone find Panasonic Viera great but wifi drops way too much ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.