Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

• 09-01-2014 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Hope it's okay to start the new thread (not sure if mods have to do it).

I posted this right at the end of the last thread so just carrying it over as it has me driven demented.

I have a question on this subject.

<snip>

(my first thread on boards :cool: )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sequel Threads. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

MORE SPOONS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

10,000 post limits.

But in seriousness phone memory.

My phone has 500+mb free of internal memory but thats not enough space to install a 800kb app or stream a song from google play.

I get that it need memory for X and Y but jeez its annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Writing a reply to a thread and hit submit....

Thread locked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Thank **** for this, my hands (and other bits) were starting to get all sweaty. I do have a life you know........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

The door when left slightly ajar that bangs repetitively with the wind.

People who spend more than 30 seconds at an ATM as if it was the first time they've used one.

Old women nattering about their recent visit to the doctor, usually every two hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Kids that don't understand the concept of hangovers + weekend/bank holidays. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Kids that don't understand the concept of hangovers + weekend/bank holidays. :mad:

Oooh I hate that

"what's wrong with you?"

"I eh...have a headache"

"But how come you keep throwing up?"

"...go play outside"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Parents who bring their evidently fat children to McDonald's. In fact, the very sight of the satisfaction on the face of obese people eating McDonald's is just ****ing annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

People who spend more than 30 seconds at an ATM as if it was the first time they've used one.

and then when they are done take another bank card and start the process again. If you are using it twice queue twice, or at least ask if anyone minds

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

People who walk around in January and wear t-shirts and/or shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

and then when they are done take another bank card and start the process again. If you are using it twice queue twice, or at least ask if anyone minds

I'm always tempted to shout "Hey, loser, give it up.....You've no money. Now bugger off out of the queue"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

When reading boards.ie in bed on a tablet, you try to turn the page .....and instead open a feckin' AdTech page....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Something something blah blah blah. Grrr.

(ie. I have nothing to say, but want this thread in my followed threads so I don't have to go looking for it when I do :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

When people post for the sake of it instead of just clicking "follow thread"

:pac:

Hairy babies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

People who are more tech savvy than me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Latvian Cello trios...and bridges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

When people put empty sweet wrappers back in the tin....grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

New thread smell :mad:

I'd become accustomed to the musk of crankiness that will take months to build up.

• Advertisement

Hope it's okay to start the new thread (not sure if mods have to do it).

I work with 2 women who eat their food like toddlers. I mean eating with their mouth wide open, jiggling hot food around in their mouth, talking and laughing with their mouth full of food.

It makes my skin crawl! I actually had to leave my lunch without finishing it and leave the office because I just couldn't sit there listening to them.

Would it be rude of me to say something to them? They both sit next to each other and are quite friendly so I was thinking of saying something to them together. Can I?

(my first thread on boards :cool: )

Going to the trouble to start a new thread, with a query and everyone ignores it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bobbygrant

people using 'was like' or 'went' too much instead of 'said'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Babies with big mops of hair really irritate me. And disgust me actually. Don't ask me why, they just do. And I'm not a baby-hater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Going to the trouble to start a new thread, with a query and everyone ignores it:)

I know :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

old hippy wrote: »

Shorts I get, but t-shirts? Really? What if it's not cold? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Do make up in the morning for work.

Leave the house and the wind makes my eyes water.

Arrive at work looking like Alice cooper or like I've been crying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The theme tune to Grand Designs is one of the all time great TV theme tune compositions. Stop talking over it you bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

How everyone on deal or no deal is emotionally over invested.

Aidric wrote: »
    The theme tune to Grand Designs is one of the all time great TV theme tune compositions. Stop talking over it you bastards.

Oh my god that house was fecking class as well! It looked like a hobbit house for grown-ups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Oh my god that house was fecking class as well! It looked like a hobbit house for grown-ups

Good one on last night as well with some poor bloke who was taken to the cleaners by some knobs on the planning board and a fussy neighbor. His design was totally compromised after 20 years of waiting to build his dream home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The sound of masonry drills. 1 neighbour in our terrace had 5 months of refurbishment 5 sometimes 6 days a week in the run up to Christmas. Once he'd finished his next door neighbour started with the refurb. Christ on a bike the sound of those drills is enough to make a body homicidal:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Toilet paper that's placed the wrong way round on the holder :mad:

http://tinyurl.com/opx68ab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Google using tactics that would put the NSA to shame, making it harder and harder to use YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Accidentally Spilling bleach on your clothes :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The phrase "turned around"

"And then I turned around and was like...and then she turned around and said...and then I turned around and told her..."

Kunts rotating mid conversation like a rotisserie chicken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Things that appear in the shops on January 1, like clockwork:
    - Cadbury's Creme Eggs. Easter is still ... some number of weeks away.
    - those stupid rip-off multi-part magazines, such as "Build a model airplane in 36 parts", for only €7.99 each (or whatever). Target audience: the innumerate. Oh wait - the first couple of issues are discounted, that makes it better ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

New products advertised in magazines or on telly but the shops are slow to get them in.
    What do you mean Cadbury have a new flavour chocolate bar and my local Tesco/Dunnes/SuperQuinn/SuperValu/Centra/Londis/Spar/Costcutter don't have it yet?!

Competitions in English magazines, sold in Ireland, that are not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
    WTF?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Oooh I hate that

"what's wrong with you?"

"I eh...have a headache"

"But how come you keep throwing up?"

"...go play outside"

Parents that don't understand the concept of hangovers. :mad:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Google using tactics that would put the NSA to shame, making it harder and harder to use YouTube.

Yes. Youtube since Google took over. They are wrecking it.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    New products advertised in magazines or on telly but the shops are slow to get them in.
    What do you mean Cadbury have a new flavour chocolate bar and my local Tesco/Dunnes/SuperQuinn/SuperValu/Centra/Londis/Spar/Costcutter don't have it yet?!

Competitions in English magazines, sold in Ireland, that are not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
    WTF?!

What really pisses me off is when one of your favourite magazines has SUBSCRIBE NOW FOR HALF PRICE FOR A YEAR AND TEN THOUSAND FREE GIFTS!!!

....and then, as always..... UK Residents only. EU customers please ring 0818 xxx xxx and subscribe for just ten billion pounds per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭joejoe87

.co.uk

whirlpool wrote: »
    What really pisses me off is when one of your favourite magazines has SUBSCRIBE NOW FOR HALF PRICE FOR A YEAR AND TEN THOUSAND FREE GIFTS!!!

....and then, as always..... UK Residents only. EU customers please ring 0818 xxx xxx and subscribe for just ten billion pounds per year.

I KNOW! It's like...if you're not gonna allow ROI residents to participate, don't sell your magazine here!
    It's really irritating.

I love doing the magazine puzzles and it's disheartening to get to the Entry Form page only to see, in small print, those words OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS ONLY.
    Same goes for sites offering free samples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

fussyonion wrote: »
    I KNOW! It's like...if you're not gonna allow ROI residents to participate, don't sell your magazine here!
    It's really irritating.

I love doing the magazine puzzles and it's disheartening to get to the Entry Form page only to see, in small print, those words OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS ONLY.
    Same goes for sites offering free samples.

For the puzzles, Sign-up for Parcel Motel and pretend to be from the north. For magazines it would cost you €3.50 to receive each issue but that might still work out cheaper.

But you know what else I've noticed?
    For the magazine puzzles that are open to ROI residents, I have NEVER seen an Irish person winning anything.
    I've been buying the English magazines for 14 years and I regularly skim the Winners section and I can tell you, I've never seen one Irish winner.

I reckon if they pull a ROI resident out of the hat, they pick an English winner instead cos it's less hassle.

Getting music stuck in your head right as you're trying to go to sleep. It always happens to me if I've had too much screen time during the day, and it's always just a couple of bars of something stupid and random. Today I've been listening to The Bee Gees, Miley Cyrus (**** the haters, yo), Tunng, LCD Soundsystem and Tyler the Creator, and what does my brain come up with to keep me awake? The opening ten seconds of the Game Of Thrones theme tune on loop, of fcuking course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

The opening ten seconds of the Game Of Thrones theme tune on loop, of fcuking course.

Click it, you know you want to ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

old hippy wrote: »

Them Australians can take their kangaroos and barbies and wear jumpers like everyone else. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I have a question on this subject.

I work with 2 women who eat their food like toddlers. I mean eating with their mouth wide open, jiggling hot food around in their mouth, talking and laughing with their mouth full of food.

It makes my skin crawl! I actually had to leave my lunch without finishing it and leave the office because I just couldn't sit there listening to them.

Would it be rude of me to say something to them? They both sit next to each other and are quite friendly so I was thinking of saying something to them together. Can I?

Okay people, heading into another day of being surrounded by these people with no manners.
    Can I say something to them and what can I say? I don't want to be rude or embarrass anyone but I also need it to stop! Help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Okay people, heading into another day of being surrounded by these people with no manners.
    Can I say something to them and what can I say? I don't want to be rude or embarrass anyone but I also need it to stop! Help!
    I dont think there is a nice way of saying "you eat like a pig, please shut your pie hole while eating, you uncouth ignoramus."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement