Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

dubstarr wrote: »
    We used to do this all the tiime where i worked,you wold swop name tags.Or sometimes if you forgot yours they gave you a completely random name tag.Used to be funny.

Please tell me you adopted different personalities depending on the name tag. If you got Greta you were the ditzy, airhead who loved 1970's boybands. If you got Nicole you were the rock climbing adrenaline joking who power walked around the shop, to the max!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Please tell me you adopted different personalities depending on the name tag. If you got Greta you were the ditzy, airhead who loved 1970's boybands. If you got Nicole you were the rock climbing adrenaline joking who power walked around the shop, to the max!
    Oh i wish haha no never did that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Doing a project that's due before 12 tonight and some stupid bitch beside me is blaring the fox through her earphones.

I'm actually gonna smack the cúnt

Just an idea, but perhaps a polite request to the young lady and maybe she would turn it down a notch.....

Had to share this. Ad in the paper today.

Apple corer & peeler 19.99
    Citrus press (manual) 249.00....

Am I missing something? To squeeze a bleedin lemon??

Lime/lemon, roll with palm of your hand 3-4 times, pop in microwave for 20 seconds and squeeze............its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When my husband phones me from the supermarket to ask me what brand of something on the shopping list, we buy, especially if it's something we've bought every week for years. This is what happens when you are the person who does most of the grocery shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

When my husband phones me from the supermarket to ask me what brand of something on the shopping list, we buy, especially if it's something we've bought every week for years. This is what happens when you are the person who does most of the grocery shopping.

I think I've seen your husband a few times. Is he the bald fella who keeps hitting his head off the glass in the frozen food section while talking on the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I can't change the music on my touchscreen when wearing gloves but put the ipod into my pocket and it becomes super sensitive. It's like I have a little leprechaun living in it randomly changing the music.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I think I've seen your husband a few times. Is he the bald fella who keeps hitting his head off the glass in the frozen food section while talking on the phone?
    Nope, he still has a full head of hair, despite the stress of living with me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I can't change the music on my touchscreen when wearing gloves but put the ipod into my pocket and it becomes super sensitive. It's like I have a little leprechaun living in it randomly changing the music.

And there I was in Easons the other day looking at a pair of touchscreen gloves for €7 and thinking "Who the fcuk is going to buy those?"...

Shows how much I know :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Quietyou

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Had to share this. Ad in the paper today.

Apple corer & peeler 19.99
    Citrus press (manual) 249.00....

Am I missing something? To squeeze a bleedin lemon??

Lime/lemon, roll with palm of your hand 3-4 times, pop in microwave for 20 seconds and squeeze............its free.

You'd think they'd have more pressing issues to get to the core of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Google using YouTube to push Google+

It's like trying to make Fetch happen. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN so let it go. Facebook have that market sown up.

Also:

Stop asking me for my phone number under the guise of security. I was able to remember my password before you brought this helpful extra into fruition and I'll be able to remember it no matter how many times you prompt me for my number.

I do not want to use my real name on YouTube so stop asking me. No matter how many times I log in, I will not accidently click on the link you want. I keep my personal and professional life separate. YouTube is for fun, Gmail is for work.

You may think I am being paranoid and argue that you want to cut down on cyber bullying and if I don't post anything bad on YouTube then I have nothing to hide, but I don't trust you Google. You fooled me in the past with your innocuous request that I change from using a hotmail login email to a gmail one. You then went on to try and push Google+ on me. We both know you are doing this to solely increase advertising revenue and not out of some altruistic desire to make the internet easier to use by having one account for everything.

How long will it be before you try to take over from LinkedIn? The cynic in me sees a future where you will insist that it is in my best interest if I have all my work history in one easy place and it will increase my job prospects.

I don't know how the CEO's of Google work but here in the real world, people are not caricatures that can be boxed into a one for all black and white personality type that is true for all situations. Who I am at work is not always the same as I am outside work. I put up with a lot of crap from people on a day to day basis because I am paid to do it but if they treated me that way in an equal social standing, I would not tolerate it.

To try and have one account that represents a person is insane. I can see Google pushing too far and alienating their core users who turn to something a little less controlling. I remember when everyone had a Nokia phone but nowadays Nokia are legends.

TL:DR I went on a bit of a rant about how unfair it is for Google to use YouTube to push Google+ and got a bit side tracked!

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Google using YouTube to push Google+

It's like trying to make Fetch happen. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN so let it go. Facebook have that market sown up.

TL:DR I went on a bit of a rant about how unfair it is for Google to use YouTube to push Google+ and got a bit side tracked!

Well Paddy if the social networking side of things doesn't work out for them (as many of their pet projects don't, but what's more important is what they learn from the experiment), they might not need you to sign in anywhere, you can just sign in by looking at the screen -

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25771907

They say the contact lens are designed to detect diabetes (nothing like feeding into growing fears about obesity to market a product when you want to overcome growing fears about privacy!), but they'll probably have the helpful facility built in to send data about everything you view, back to Google servers!

Just remember to take them out before you view your bank account online! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Those ads on the TV for "Elite Singles". They're clearly aimed at those who have delusions of being "elite", beyond that I'm struggling to imagine who would sign up for such a service. I believe it's actually a German company.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

The phrase 'ah the poor ....'
    my mother and sister are terrible for it. You'd be driving along and next thing, 'ah the poor girl on the bike'
    'ah the poor dog'
    'ah the poor little fella'
    There's nothing poor about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The opening page on boards , top threads nine times out of ten are soccer ,motor and soccer2 and soccer 3 , all of which I've no interest in !

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sirbob

when some one else drives my van and leaves the arm rest up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who say "Oh hi" when you answer the phone to them. Why? Are they surprised that you answered? "Oh..hiiiii-iiiiiiy". Usually in a fake, drawn out D4 accent too. Feck off would ye.

The worst is people who go "Hello, Hi" when you answer the phone:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Electrical gadgets that use 3 batteries (AA/AAA) I have a couple of these. Batteries are usually sold in 4's. By the time I need them again the spare one is probably lost/misplaced

Seven Worlds will Collide

Breaking a 50 euro note. Once you've done it the money seems to vanish at a rate of knots. I hate January, roll on February:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

When people are having an argument and they try to drag me into it- "you always do this, ask Tasden, she'll tell you how annoying it is", eh nope I'm not getting into this argument its between you two. If I had an issue with something I'd bring it up myself, not when railroaded into it by someone during a heated argument and ganging up on the person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Denis Taylor's commentary on the snooker. The way he says brown and blue really grinds my gears. "Brine and Baloo"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

MJ23 wrote: »
    Denis Taylor's commentary on the snooker. The way he says brown and blue really grinds my gears. "Brine and Baloo"
    your first mistake was watching snooker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

That I can't do anything in my back garden without my neighbour having to come out into theirs. pretending to do something just so that they can see what I'm doing.
    eh, gardening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

MJ23 wrote: »

I can live with anything that's not John Virgo's endless waffling.

vitani wrote: »
    I can live with anything that's not John Virgo's endless waffling.

Where's the que ball goin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

People booking cheap holidays and their glee while telling you it cost 39 euro to get to Turkey for 2 weeks. I know they are being smart but they just annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Tasden wrote: »
    When people are having an argument and they try to drag me into it- "you always do this, ask Tasden, she'll tell you how annoying it is", eh nope I'm not getting into this argument its between you two. If I had an issue with something I'd bring it up myself, not when railroaded into it by someone during a heated argument and ganging up on the person.

Oh yeah, the "even John thought you were out of order last night". Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Was in Xtravision earlier having a look a dvds, saw one there for €19.99 , there was a second sticker on it ....

2 for €20 ,

dunno why this pricing annoys me, maybe lack of common sense by the employees

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Was in Xtravision earlier having a look a dvds, saw one there for €19.99 , there was a second sticker on it ....

2 for €20 ,

dunno why this pricing annoys me, maybe lack of common sense by the employees

Who the fcuk still buys dvd's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

White line, gap, white line, gap, white line,gap. That annoys me when I am on the road and the white is only painted on for a short distance, then there's none, then there's another bit.

People who post obvious answers to my trivial annoyances. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

People who like their steak anything more than medium rare..they just annoy me so much. Why would you RUIN a good steak like that? and then they go ahead and buy a fillet steak and ask for it to be well done..WELL DONE, A FILLET STEAK?!
    honestly, you people....disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

When you can hear the song in your head, but you can't think of the lyrics, the artist or the name of the song.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

People that get almost to the end of passing their items through the checkout, and feck off out of the line to get something "they forgot". Then, when they do eventually get back to the cashier, we have to start the whole nonsense of packing it, finding the means to pay in the handbag, and eventually paying. All of course interspersed with a long and detailed chat about Aunty Mary's piles, or something equally nauseating. Then there's the problem of clearing the packing area so that the cashier can start processing the next customer. Arrgghhhhh

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

^ on that note, people who get their change and stand at the counter for an other 2 or 3 minutes putting their money into all the right compartments.

Novel concept, move the fúck out of the way and do it when you're not in everyone elses way you self entitled cúnts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Trying to hang those little ankle trainer liner socks on a clothes horse to dry ! Why do I even try ?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Oops69 wrote: »
    Trying to hang those little ankle trainer liner socks on a clothes horse to dry ! Why do I even try ?!

I have kids now, one a wee girl so there are more socks going throuh our wash than a greenie can take. Mostly I just say "**** the polar bears" and bung on the tumble drier...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

recruitment/job search websites

yes, I saw a role I fancied and applied, you kindly pointed out a couple of other roles that were similar but now you are just spamming me with any old crap as suggestions for "jobs that meet my criteria" NO they feckin don't, not even close. So feckin stop it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Two day hangovers. Oh my god I swear that is the last time I poison myself to such an extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

juniord wrote: »
    people who suddenly wish to be called their proper name after years of having a shortened or nickname eg call me michael not mick or its patrick not paddy

Worse is when someone you've known for years, or even all your life gets a new girlfriend who insists on calling them by their first name and gives you filthies when you use the nickname you've always called them. Sorry love, you can call him whatever you want and I'll do the same...m'kay?

Kids being called after their parent.Do they not deserve their own name.

Megalomania or lack of imagination....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

SV wrote: »
    People who like their steak anything more than medium rare..they just annoy me so much. Why would you RUIN a good steak like that? and then they go ahead and buy a fillet steak and ask for it to be well done..WELL DONE, A FILLET STEAK?!
    honestly, you people....disgusting.

People who judge you based on how you want your food cooked. I had a friend who always liked her steak well done and then a mutual friend who eats his practically just with the horns cut off and the ars* wiped "converted" her, as if eating pink steak is some kind of sacred religion. Now whenever we are out there's an entire production about how she didnt know how to eat steak before and now that she has been shown the way she'd never go back. The fuuck? Is it some kind of cult? Do they have a support group?
    "My name is ONW and I've been eating raw flesh for 6 weeks"
    "Hi ONW!":pac:

People who judge you based on how you want your food cooked. I had a friend who always liked her steak well done and then a mutual friend who eats his practically just with the horns cut off and the ars* wiped "converted" her, as if eating pink steak is some kind of sacred religion. Now whenever we are out there's an entire production about how she didnt know how to eat steak before and now that she has been shown the way she'd never go back. The fuuck? Is it some kind of cult? Do they have a support group?
    "My name is ONW and I've been eating raw flesh for 6 weeks"
    "Hi ONW!":pac:

Sometimes I just can't thank a post enough! :D

Honestly, the amount of people who think there's something great about eating raw meat, civilisation has moved on just a small bit since we were cavemen, we can cook stuff now. If I want to eat raw meat, I'll order a steak tartare.

Otherwise - Piss off you Marco Pierre White wannabe! :pac:

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Sometimes I just can't thank a post enough! :D

Honestly, the amount of people who think there's something great about eating raw meat, civilisation has moved on just a small bit since we were cavemen, we can cook stuff now. If I want to eat raw meat, I'll order a steak tartare.

Otherwise - Piss off you Marco Pierre White wannabe! :pac:

Which brings me to another point, I hate (or, in keeping with the spirit of the thread) am trivially annoyed by, the Marks & Spencer ads for food that show big turds of meat that are practically still alive in the middle. When did this become popular?? Makes me get sick in my mouth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Because steak is tastier when it has not been cremated.

I blame the French :D

Because steak is tastier when it has not been cremated.

I think the concept of taste is an entirely subjective one, and indeed the cremation of another's steak hardly impacts on the taste of one's own. What does leave a bad taste in one's mouth is having to listen to a self-righteous wannabe cool culinary customer banging on about how "wrong" you are to want your food cooked :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

When you go to bed in good time, then can't get to sleep as your mind is racing. Eventually fall asleep about 3am then have to get up after about 3-4 hours sleep exhausted and go to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

When you go to bed in good time, then can't get to sleep as your mind is racing. Eventually fall asleep about 3am then have to get up after about 3-4 hours sleep exhausted and go to work.

And checking the clock and calculating- if I fall asleep in ten minutes I'll get five hours sleep, then recalculating every hour or so after that til eventually you say **** it its not worth going asleep at all at this stage.

All the pervo celebrities out there, Jimmy Saville, Dave Lee Travis, Bill Roche etc,

Latest news is Mick Hucknall was caught in Petmania molesting a rabbit!!

When taken to task by staff, he said he was just "Holding back the ears", they asked Why?

He replied, because "The Bunny was too tight to mention"

Too early on a Monday?

I think the concept of taste is an entirely subjective one, and indeed the cremation of another's steak hardly impacts on the taste of one's own. What does leave a bad taste in one's mouth is having to listen to a self-righteous wannabe cool culinary customer banging on about how "wrong" you are to want your food cooked :pac::pac:

Especially considering nobody in their right mind would eat under cooked chicken. Why then is it ok to not cook beef?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement