Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

People who demolish gardens:mad: A fairly recent neighbour of ours just cut down two fabulous trees in his back yard, dick head. They were the nicest trees in the neighbourhood, they'll probably pave over it with concrete or put decking there. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have gardens. I don't care that it's his garden either:p

did he have a felling order...it is illegal to cut down trees unless they are eg too near the house...just a thought...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

People turning around staring and investigating when you enter the pub, might yer own business ye nosy cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Still not getting why its chocolate eggs at Easter and not chocolate crosses,why I Dont get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I keep waking at 6am since Friday and not being able to get back to sleep:( We got some Cava to make diamond fizzes last night and I couldn't drink it, there was a weird tang to the Cava, first world problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

shroom007 wrote: »
    Still not getting why its chocolate eggs at Easter and not chocolate crosses,why I Dont get it
    Is it to do with lent? I know that in the good old catholic God fearing days, pancake Tuesday was because for the whole of lent they weren't supposed to have dairy so used up the last of it making pancakes the day before Ash Wednesday. On Easter sunday they were allowed dairy again so they decorated eggs. As people's standard of living increased and companies saw a whole in the market to make sh!t loads of money, the chocolate egg came about just like how Coca Cola came along and made St Nick red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Girls who start screaming in public when they see a wasp near them! Ssssssssshhhhhh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Gossip Girl the tv show.

I don't normally like anything like this, this is no exception. I hate it, but can't stop watching all the rich beautiful people with terrible acting skills.

My OHs housemate was watching it months ago, and she's 30, so I figured it can't be too bad. I got hooked.

Send help, I'm an Easter egg down, still in my PJs and have the second series downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Crumpets wrote: »
    Girls who start screaming in public when they see a wasp near them! Ssssssssshhhhhh!!

Yes...it's um...just girls....that er do that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Is it to do with lent? I know that in the good old catholic God fearing days, pancake Tuesday was because for the whole of lent they weren't supposed to have dairy so used up the last of it making pancakes the day before Ash Wednesday. On Easter sunday they were allowed dairy again so they decorated eggs. As people's standard of living increased and companies saw a whole in the market to make sh!t loads of money, the chocolate egg came about just like how Coca Cola came along and made St Nick red.

The Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs

Rabbits don't lay EGGS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Graces7 wrote: »
    did he have a felling order...it is illegal to cut down trees unless they are eg too near the house...just a thought...;)

Wrong Grace. The wildlife act1980, and subsequent, does not apply to private dwellings. They also do not apply if residential hedging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Get Real

People who use self service machines at tesco and encounter a problem within seconds.

Please, its not the machine, its you. Learn how to use them or else use the conventional checkout.

Some woman trying to do her weekly shop on the bloody thing the other day.

Slowly examining every product for a barcode, scanning as if she's six years old and gets to play "check out", halfway through, places handbag in bagging area, then fcuks up whole process.

Arrive at checkout, press "brought own bag", place bag open, scan and pack, pay, bag already packed so you're not spending eternity packing goods after.

And some ppl have the cheek to get upset at these machines when clearly they've created their own problem.

And perhaps this is something trivial ppl will hate about me, but I love zooming up, scanning, and be done. Sorry for being an ar*ehole, but all I want to buy is a 27cent banana ffs!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I keep waking at 6am since Friday and not being able to get back to sleep:( We got some Cava to make diamond fizzes last night and I couldn't drink it, there was a weird tang to the Cava, first world problems.

Is there any chance your up the duff:D.I had a metallic taste in my mouth while pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Shifty-eyed shop staff.

I'm not going to steal. I earn more than you, and looking at your prices (Arnotts) you are the ones trying to rob me.

The security guard in our Lidl. He looks at you like you're in to rob one of the lovlies out of the center aisle bins. I know the poor fcuker is bored stupid but I always laugh a bit. I can wander into the main DC for Lidl and chunter around fixing stuff, surrounded by mile after mile of stock and somehow resist the temptation, but fcuk me sonny, these plastic slippers, by jasus I've an awful gra to slip a pair up me jumper and do a runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

shroom007 wrote: »
    The Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs

Rabbits don't lay EGGS

both are pagan symbols of fertility and rebirth..nothing to do with the christian easter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I didn't think dairy was off limits, I'm fairly sure that the ingredients for pancakes were just generally used for deserts and cakes and such and you'll be having none of that for Lent.

C14N wrote: »
    I didn't think dairy was off limits, I'm fairly sure that the ingredients for pancakes were just generally used for deserts and cakes and such and you'll be having none of that for Lent.
    I thought that was the story behind pancake Tuesday? My life is a lie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Like Ellie Goulding on the main stage at Electric Picnic last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting woken up at 4:40 by someone looking for an alibi >:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Getting woken up at 4:40 by someone looking for an alibi >:-(

Do go on!

Your supermarkets are open on Good Friday? They are all closed here.

Talking to a friend here (in Spain) and in some villages the best day to get pissed is Good Friday as Jesus is dead and he can't keep his eye on you!

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    Is there any chance your up the duff:D.I had a metallic taste in my mouth while pregnant.

Also from pine mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Barry Egan's sycophantic columns. He is at it again recently re
    bankrupt developer, Bernard McNamara, who, apparently, is about to become a grandad for the first time. A happy event, no doubt,
    but the tone of the article is brown nosing in the extreme!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

When your interested in a particular subject (so much so you'd be considered a bit of an anorak) and you know that journalists have pretty much lifted a press release and have failed to ask important questions or even ask a question.

When journalists ask a question and don't seem to notice that the interviewee
    has failed to answer it!! :(

brooke 2 wrote: »
    When journalists ask a question and don't seem to notice that the interviewee
    has failed to answer it!! :(

Or when a Interviewer asks a question when it has already been answered by the interviewee.

Interviewer: You have been working in this area for a number of years...
    Interviewee: Yes I been working in the industry for 20 years I was just 15 when I started
    Interviewer: Wow what age where you then?

dubstarr wrote: »
    None what so ever.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Barry Egan's sycophantic columns. He is at it again recently re
    bankrupt developer, Bernard McNamara, who, apparently, is about to become a grandad for the first time. A happy event, no doubt,
    but the tone of the article is brown nosing in the extreme!! :(

I gave up on trying to read the Sunday Independent a long time ago, the standard of 'journalism' in it is abysmal, in my opinion.
    He is one of the worst, I used to wonder what would become of him if some of the people he follows around, ever left the country.

The security guard in our Lidl. He looks at you like you're in to rob one of the lovlies out of the center aisle bins. I know the poor fcuker is bored stupid but I always laugh a bit. I can wander into the main DC for Lidl and chunter around fixing stuff, surrounded by mile after mile of stock and somehow resist the temptation, but fcuk me sonny, these plastic slippers, by jasus I've an awful gra to slip a pair up me jumper and do a runner.

I accidentally shoplifted a jar of strawberry jam from Lidl a few years ago. I'd been shopping elsewhere and it fell down behind other shopping bags. I'm fortunate the security guard wasn't on the ball that day. It would have been mortifying.

Some of these shop security guards could use a lesson in manners. I remember one day we were in Dunnes, there was a young muslim couple with a child doing their shopping and he insisted on searching their bags, due to his aggressive attitude they were reluctant to let him. Long story short they let him, he found nothing and I don't know what the point of it was.

I accidentally shoplifted a jar of strawberry jam from Lidl a few years ago. I'd been shopping elsewhere and it fell down behind other shopping bags. I'm fortunate the security guard wasn't on the ball that day. It would have been mortifying.

Some of these shop security guards could use a lesson in manners. I remember one day we were in Dunnes, there was a young muslim couple with a child doing their shopping and he insisted on searching their bags, due to his aggressive attitude they were reluctant to let him. Long story short they let him, he found nothing and I don't know what the point of it was.

Prob thought they were roma, was she in the full Burqa?

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I gave up on trying to read the Sunday Independent a long time ago, the standard of 'journalism' in it is abysmal, in my opinion.
    He is one of the worst, I used to wonder what would become of him if some of the people he follows around, ever left the country.

He'd follow them. That's what lap dogs do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I used to wonder what would become of him if some of the people he follows around, ever left the country.

Gerald Keane pays to have him kennelled I believe.

The heat of Marbella's just too much for the wee fella.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Gerald Keane pays to have him kennelled I believe.

:D

This is really trivial, and it doesn't annoy me :D but I occasionally wonder why shops bother having signs up asking people to only use the baskets and trolleys provided by the store.
    People blatantly disregard the signs, but the shop management never seem to enforce it anyway so what is the point even having the signs.

My local Dunnes has a sign on the travelator saying "Do not walk on the travelator"

Who on earth has the time or patience to actually just stand and wait on one of those things? :confused:

My local Dunnes has a sign on the travelator saying "Do not walk on the travelator"

Who on earth has the time or patience to actually just stand and wait on one of those things? :confused:
    Someone like me who's wearing runners when it's raining outside and the travelator moves at an angle. I cling on for dear life as it's highly likely I'll go flying down it if I try to walk. Those things are slippery as hell.

• Advertisement

Someone like me who's wearing runners when it's raining outside and the travelator moves at an angle. I cling on for dear life as it's highly likely I'll go flying down it if I try to walk. Those things are slippery as hell.

Wipe your feet before getting on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

Acquaintances (e.g. reps) who make a point of trying to demonstrate how interested they are in you and your life by following up on things you mentioned last time you spoke, such as family members they'll never meet and have zero interest in. You think I don't know you just read up your notes on me in the car before you came in?

Elmo wrote: »
    Prob thought they were roma, was she in the full Burqa?
    No, she just had her head scarf on and was in ordinary clothes. There was no way of mistaking her as Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gubber

In-movie predictions. I mean, why try blurt out your predictions as the movie/tv show is playing?

"OH MY GOD HE's GOING TO KILL HI- TOLD YA!!"

Possibly the most annoying thing you can do when watching something.

Is that what they're called? Travelators. Well bedejaysus.

I've no problem with them except for the knobs who stand in the middle and worse the dickwads that leave the trolley right in the middle or crossways so you can't get past either side. At least you can ask the knobs to get out of the way but the trolleys are stuck there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Standing in a filling station, waiting to get a coffee, and the lad(it's nearly always a lad) using the self-service machine ahead of you insists on adding 22 sugars, a dash of milk, taste, then a dash more, some stirring, taste...GET THE FCUK ON WITH IT FFS!!!!Or do your Darina Allen impression off to one side, so us unfussy ones can get our black with a dash of milk.

Then, then they usually do the whole "I have never seen a lid before! How do these wondrous things go onto the cup??" thing. All the while standing at the machine, a zombified, frothing queue of caffeine addicts slowly writhing with inner demons behind them. If I had a machete at times like those, I feel bad things could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Grocery shopping.
    I don't know what's going on but I really hate it lately :mad:

And what the hell is a 'travelator'?? :confused:

czechlin wrote: »
    Grocery shopping.
    I don't know what's going but I really hate it lately :mad:

And what the hell is a 'travelator'?? :confused:

its a flat escalator or diagonal, for people who can't walk up escalators!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Dandelions feckin' dandelions in my garden

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭md23040

On asking a group at a party the other day whether they watched some programme on the TV during the week, or have you seen Breaking Bad on Netflix yet etc - the unanimous response was “Oh I don’t watch a lot of TV, don’t have the time – no didn’t see it”.

My reply back was “Jesus are you serious, if I didn’t have TV and the internet my life would be pretty vacant and boring, and there’s certain days I look forward to because of what’s on that night”.

Lying bast4ards the lot of them I reckon.

md23040 wrote: »
    On asking a group at a party the other day whether they watched some programme on the TV during the week, or have you seen Breaking Bad on Netflix yet etc - the unanimous response was “Oh I don’t watch a lot of TV, don’t have the time – no didn’t see it”.

My reply back was “Jesus are you serious, if I didn’t have TV and the internet my life would be pretty vacant and boring, and there’s certain days I look forward to because of what’s on that night”.

Lying bast4ards the lot of them I reckon.

I don't watch tv and haven't seen a series for years. I don't even have a smartphone. We do exist!

Standing in a filling station, waiting to get a coffee, and the lad(it's nearly always a lad) using the self-service machine ahead of you insists on adding 22 sugars, a dash of milk, taste, then a dash more, some stirring, taste...GET THE FCUK ON WITH IT FFS!!!!Or do your Darina Allen impression off to one side, so us unfussy ones can get our black with a dash of milk.

Then, then they usually do the whole "I have never seen a lid before! How do these wondrous things go onto the cup??" thing. All the while standing at the machine, a zombified, frothing queue of caffeine addicts slowly writhing with inner demons behind them. If I had a machete at times like those, I feel bad things could happen.
    That or if in a coffee shop queue where someone has to make the enormous decision of which type of scone they would like, currant, no,plain, no, currant...while the queue builds, and the staff member waits patiently.

Tell you what, try one today, and the other type next time around.

Elmo wrote: »
    Or when a Interviewer asks a question when it has already been answered by the interviewee.

Interviewer: You have been working in this area for a number of years...
    Interviewee: Yes I been working in the industry for 20 years I was just 15 when I started
    Interviewer: Wow what age where you then?

Remember when Donna Air asked the
    Corrs how long they had known one
    another!! :(

Came across the article accidentally when McNamara's name popped up!
    Rarely buy a newspaper nowadays as I tend to get most of my news online.
    Am amazed Egan is still on the go -
    thought he would have vanished with the Celtic Tiger!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

bluewolf wrote: »
    Also from pine mouth

Vile, vile experience. I had it and it lasted over 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement