Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Am amazed Egan is still on the go -
    thought he would have vanished with the Celtic Tiger!! :)

But...but...who would breathlessly follow the 'slebs' around if Barry Egan didn't exist. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Scones or buns that have surprise raisins in them. Yuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When people have a huge trolley full of shopping and are ahead of you at the till and they're only unpacking the trolley and it's taking ages and you only have one or two items and they don't ask you if you'd like to go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The song from the Tassimo ad, it's stuck in my mind and I keep humming it.

Vile, vile experience. I had it and it lasted over 2 weeks.

We couldn't figure out what it was at all! Is the milk off? Is something else off? :confused:
    :)
    Found out a couple weeks after. Nothing worked! Not mouthwash or chewing gum or anything!

What is it with all this European elections stuff in Irish popping up everywhere? Any party or candidate that does that can be guaranteed of not getting my vote. Frankly, there are more non Irish speakers than Irish speakers in this country. It'd be really great if the powers that be could pull their heads out of their arses and stop paying homage to a dead language.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

.....in anyways.........

......in all nin anyways......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What is it with all this European elections stuff in Irish popping up everywhere? Any party or candidate that does that can be guaranteed of not getting my vote. Frankly, there are more non Irish speakers than Irish speakers in this country. It'd be really great if the powers that be could pull their heads out of their arses and stop paying homage to a dead language.

People getting at Irish, sorry Pumpkinseeds. Though they won't be getting my vote but for a huge range of reasons. Oh and the fact I have decided not to vote.

Elmo wrote: »
    People getting at Irish, sorry Pumpkinseeds. Though they won't be getting my vote but for a huge range of reasons. Oh and the fact I have decided not to vote.
    Sounds like Elmo needs a tickle:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

The tv for an Easter weekend has been really crap ( i know it's crap all the time but even worse this bank holiday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

If I see the word "whataboutery" one more time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I had a stinking cold about two weeks ago.
    (I'm the worst patient ever; I have no patience and I whinge a lot...AND I'M FEMALE)
    I got over it.

On Friday I started having sinus problems...it was all stuffed and over the weekend I felt awful.
    Today I've been sniffing and snotting and sneezing and whaddya know..I've got another cold!

Fml.
    *opens beers and what the hell*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote: »
    I had a stinking cold about two weeks ago.
    (I'm the worst patient ever; I have no patience and I whinge a lot...AND I'M FEMALE)
    I got over it.

On Friday I started having sinus problems...it was all stuffed and over the weekend I felt awful.
    Today I've been sniffing and snotting and sneezing and whaddya know..I've got another cold!

Fml.
    *opens beers and what the hell*
    3 people in my house are the same but we think its hayfever..They are taking the tabs and one had very itchy/sore eyes on Friday and Saturday so I put drops in his eyes.They suffer badly every year with it and while I pity them its bloody annoying listening to the snorting sniffing whinging ect.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Colser wrote: »
    3 people in my house are the same but we think its hayfever..They are taking the tabs and one had very itchy/sore eyes on Friday and Saturday so I put drops in his eyes.They suffer badly every year with it and while I pity them its bloody annoying listening to the snorting sniffing whinging ect.:)

Well now I did think it was hayfever, though I've never had it before, but when my nose got completely stuffed today, I figured it was another cold.
    I've been sniffing more often than a clubgoer on a Friday night and I know it's p!ssing my OH off big-time.

I hope it is only hayfever. I can't be doing with another cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Well now I did think it was hayfever, though I've never had it before, but when my nose got completely stuffed today, I figured it was another cold.
    I've been sniffing more often than a clubgoer on a Friday night and I know it's p!ssing my OH off big-time.

Lol I hope you have a cold..I wouldnt wish hayfever on anyone (and thats just from living with sufferers) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I thought that was the story behind pancake Tuesday? My life is a lie!

you are correct. no lie. rich foods were used up before the dietary rigors of lent, hence the name mardi gras, fat tuesday. last great feasting before fasting. not just cream etc but meat. not what we call dairy per se as cows had to be milked etc but fewer at this season because of calving.

Colser wrote: »

hay fever is my guess...bad here too and from the purchses i saw in the pharmacy yesterday....hay fever seems to cost ! i tend to just adapt. sit it out.

Wrong Grace. The wildlife act1980, and subsequent, does not apply to private dwellings. They also do not apply if residential hedging.

your customary discourtsey is noted. and you need to check the statute book closely. you are incorrect ...again.

over and out. again! had to vacate nature forum over your attitude and am not repeating that here.

no doubt you will insist on trying for the last word so please,,, have it on me! in too much pain to be bothered.

sorry mods! but it needed saying

vicks is good. i know it says not to put up nose but been doing it for years.....

oh needs to have some sympathy!

Get Real wrote: »
    People who use self service machines at tesco and encounter a problem within seconds.

Please, its not the machine, its you. Learn how to use them or else use the conventional checkout.

Some woman trying to do her weekly shop on the bloody thing the other day.

Slowly examining every product for a barcode, scanning as if she's six years old and gets to play "check out", halfway through, places handbag in bagging area, then fcuks up whole process.

Arrive at checkout, press "brought own bag", place bag open, scan and pack, pay, bag already packed so you're not spending eternity packing goods after.

And some ppl have the cheek to get upset at these machines when clearly they've created their own problem.

And perhaps this is something trivial ppl will hate about me, but I love zooming up, scanning, and be done. Sorry for being an ar*ehole, but all I want to buy is a 27cent banana ffs!:p

jeepers... have some patience! so much angst over such a small event.... the world does not revolve around your one banana...it really doesnt....people like you fussing and fuming are a pest! try helping the ones who are having problems, with a smile.

• Advertisement

people on boards who cannot accept tnhat you have a different world view and opinions from you and follow your posts to contest whenever they can, for the sake of it.

hey there! so i am of a different idealogy and world view.... get over it! maybe learn something new!

as i do every day here..

ps going back to hospital for yet more a surgery probably on wrist that is not healing so will not be back a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Graces7 wrote: »
    so much angst over such a small event....

But isn't that the whole point of this thread???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Not being able to get a dentist over the bank holiday weekend :( now trying to find one with a vacancy for today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

The sounds my OH makes when she is eating a Twister ice pop. She sounded like a thoroughly satisfied lover yesterday walking down the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

The sounds my OH makes when she is eating a Twister ice pop. She sounded like a thoroughly satisfied lover yesterday walking down the street.

Why does that bother you so much? Do you never hear this sound besides when she is eating ice pops or something? if my OH was making those types of noises in front of me i would be looking for the nearest place to drag her into to make some of my own!!

Why does that bother you so much? Do you never hear this sound besides when she is eating ice pops or something? if my OH was making those types of noises in front of me i would be looking for the nearest place to drag her into to make some of my own!!

Don't get me wrong. Great stuff altogether. Just not when walking through scum holes in Limerick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

yeppydeppy wrote: »

With a score of 36 out of 66 (although a few more were borderline)

"You hate people. It’s true. But you haven’t totally given up faith in humanity and that’s impressive. You still have a little more hate left in you to give. Treasure that hate and save it for a special occasion."

Thank God i have this thread to vent on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

16/66, moderate people hater!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Graces7 wrote: »
    jeepers... have some patience! so much angst over such a small event.... the world does not revolve around your one banana...it really doesnt....people like you fussing and fuming are a pest! try helping the ones who are having problems, with a smile.

I think you need a second cup of coffee.....or a cuddle maybe? or a spoonful of "lighten up":D

• Advertisement

You’re definitely a category 5 people hater. You hate them so much. Your hate reserves are probably at a critical level because of all the hate you’ve generously given out to the people of the world on a daily basis. And it makes total sense. People suck. Hate on, hater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Jaysus, If OldNotWise does this she'll break it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

26 out of 65
    "You only sort of hate people. Sometimes. When they’re being the worst. And that’s perfectly natural. You don’t put up with any nonsense but you’re probably not a d*ck."

Wow, I surprised myself there :eek:

czechlin wrote: »
    26 out of 65
    "You only sort of hate people. Sometimes. When they’re being the worst. And that’s perfectly natural. You don’t put up with any nonsense but you’re probably not a d*ck."

We don't take kindly to your type round here!! :pac::p

'You only sort of hate people. Sometimes. When they’re being the worst. And that’s perfectly natural. You don’t put up with any nonsense but you’re probably not a d*ck.'

Me too. I think I scored 12/65

We don't take kindly to your type round here!! :pac::p

I think it's because I'm in a good mood. The test results would more likely dramatically change if I was in a bad mood. However, I am not afraid SpaceCowb0y, as stated I don't take any nonsense, I'm not a d1ck but I can be a b1tch!:p

*unless of course my hidden agenda is to change the ever-whining boardsies into puppies & kitten loving smiling community that hugs trees every morning and wears pastel coloured linen clothes...*:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...*unless of course my hidden agenda is to change the ever-whining boardsies into puppies & kitten loving smiling community that hugs trees every morning and wears pastel coloured linen clothes...*:pac:

...and then, and then, when they least expect it, turn around an' hoof 'em one in the castanets. Bunch of happy-clappy twits. That's my girl!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

26 out of 65

You got teh same score as me.Maybe we are twins:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    You got teh same score as me.Maybe we are twins:D

I asked my mother once when I was about 12 if she could imagine what it would be like to have two of me. Her immediate response was "No, God no! You are something else and one of you is enough!":D
    Bear in mind I have two brothers...

• Advertisement

I just remembered it's EARTH DAY today, so be kind to the planet and each other people!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I just remembered it's EARTH DAY today, so be kind to the planet and each other people!!:p

Oh yes, so it is - must change into my Hippy-Confounding trousers at lunchtime.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oh yes, so it is - must change into my Hippy-Confounding trousers at lunchtime.

I'll have to put my winter pyjamas on tonight and the woolly socks to avoid using the electrical blanket :(

Down with that sort of thing :D

Just me trying to cover up my low score on the people hater thing

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

37 on the buzzfeed thing. I'm a moderate people hater!
    Trivial thing for this morning: having to get up early even though I've a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ditherers really do my nut in.Cant decide what to have for lunch ,let me stand in the queue in front of everyone and hold them up.Move to teh side while you are deciding and let people who do know what they want through.

• Advertisement

30 out of 65, but tbh I held back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

42/65
    Ha ha.
    this tooth must be really getting to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

30 out of 65, but tbh I held back.

I only got 64 out if 65 (I didnt select the slow driver one because I am a learner and I hate when ignorant so and so's drive up my hole) - but I also thought of another 60 to add - does that count? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Signing up for overtime then realizing they hadn't even offered incentive... D'oh!

Hardly "trivial" but definitely ANNOYING!

It's just as well we have this thread to vent. Otherwise many of us would have had our Michael Douglas moment from that film Falling Down, and gone on a violent rampage, it's still touch and go for me. I could feel my hand twitching when the woman in front of me in Dunnes was dithering this morning.

The dark part of my soul wanted to shout at her to pack faster and hit her repeatedly with my empty shopping bag:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement