Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People who give grief to everyone and suddenly become overly defensive when someone give them grief back.

When your smoking a rollie and you go to remove it with your fingers but they slide off and the rollie stays in yer mouth simultaneously burning the ****ing fingers off ya.

Annoying individuals who are really predictable in everything they do and say.

People who state the obvious and you can see the sense of enlightment glisten over their face despite breaking new ground solely in the obvious department.

Usage of the words:Actually,Literally,Pretentious,Overrated and Like. These terms have been overused to death so shut the **** up saying them.

The fact that swearing is censored here.****,****,**** and no doubt ************.

Phrases like ''24/7'' and ''Touch base'' Truly cring-worthy.

People from D4 with the fake american accent,stupid wig-like hair,sense of entitlement and that say things like 'Roish' and call everything nearby with a tracksuit a 'Scombaig'.You could throw a pair of tracksuit bottoms on a dog and they'd call it a scombaig.

People who call tracksuit bottoms trackies.
    Materialism and Hedonism.

Myself for being annoyed at practically everything.Room is here for about a billion more things but that can wait.

Agree a billion times over. I find the word "amazing" has become almost redundant such is it's overuse. Every youtube video of a kid or a stereotypically unattractive person singing on a tv talent show is titled as "amazing" when in reality it's much the same as every other one. If they were truly amazing they wouldn't have to resort to entering a tv show to get spotted. And I have also seen it used whenever BOD those a rudimentary tackle or pass in a rugby game these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

czechlin wrote: »
    Foodie.
    I absolutely loathe the word. I like to enjoy the simple pleasures of life, food being one of them. Sometimes it's just a "fuel" to get me going but most of the time it is something I really enjoy. I like cooking and baking and eating, I like to try different things, it doesn't make me (or you) special so you can shove your 'foodie' up where the sun doesn't shine you twat :mad:

This gets up my left nostril as well. "Foodie" indeed. Shove your turnip head back into your trough of baked-beans-and-chips and let the adults enjoy our meal. I'll give you a slap of a rolled-up menu afterwards, if you're lucky! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Foodie.
    I absolutely loathe the word. I like to enjoy the simple pleasures of life, food being one of them. Sometimes it's just a "fuel" to get me going but most of the time it is something I really enjoy. I like cooking and baking and eating, I like to try different things, it doesn't make me (or you) special so you can shove your 'foodie' up where the sun doesn't shine you twat :mad:

I understand that there is someone who is a "foodie". As in, someone with a particular interest in the culinary arts, chef or not. If a gun was put to my head I would call myself a "foodie". But what irks me is the word itself and when people go on about how they are "foodies"

Remember this one episode of Come Dine With Me where this gombeen was going on about how he was a foodie yet he didnt know what a fig was and had never eaten a prawn in his life! Get ta fúck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Women blaming certain behaviours on a man having a small penis.

Oh he bought a brand new car? Must have a small penis.

He cut in front of you in the shop? Must have a small penis.
    Other women seem to think its the funniest thing they've ever heard!
    Imagine a man saying 'she bought a new car?, must have small tits'

Only realised how much it annoys me!

turnikett1 wrote: »
    ...Remember this one episode of Come Dine With Me where this gombeen was going on about how he was a foodie yet he didnt know what a fig was and had never eaten a prawn in his life! Get ta fúck

I think some folk erroneously use the term "foodie" when they really mean something more like "fattie"! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

mauzo! wrote: »

Only realised how much I do this! :)

Edit: though I still firmly believe the theory stands when it comes to under twenties sporting grey tracksuits and akitas or staffies :P (the irony of course, is that staffies are big babies really)

jimgoose wrote: »
    I think some folk erroneously use the term "foodie" when they really mean something more like "fattie"! :pac::pac::pac:

People who say things like, "she's really jolly" or "she's a lovley warm person" or "she's got a lovely face" - when what they really mean to say is, "She's fat. She eats too much".

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who say things like, "she's really jolly" or "she's a lovley warm person" or "she's got a lovely face" - when what they really mean to say is, "She's fat. She eats too much".

My friend always reminds me of the time she was moaning about being single, and I said 'but you have such a great personailty'

I didn't mean it as an insult, she's just so funny and one of those people that can brighten any room! She couldn't stop laughing :o I felt terrible, she's stunning anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

I understand that there is someone who is a "foodie". As in, someone with a particular interest in the culinary arts, chef or not. If a gun was put to my head I would call myself a "foodie". But what irks me is the word itself and when people go on about how they are "foodies"

That was my point. I haven't tried all the foods in the world but I'd have some knowledge and an interest, I like reading recipes and I'd try nearly anything unless I feel queezy just looking at it but you wouldn't hear me saying foodie unless my life was depending on it. It's bad enough that some of my friends use it. I can't really beat the sh1t out of them with a menu, they are my friends...:pac:
    Remember this one episode of Come Dine With Me where this gombeen was going on about how he was a foodie yet he didnt know what a fig was and had never eaten a prawn in his life! Get ta fúck

:eek:
    This is the reason I've given up TV shows similar to this ages ago. I don't have the patience for it.

My friend always reminds me of the time she was moaning about being single, and I said 'but you have such a great personailty'

I didn't mean it as an insult...

You might as well just have said "Don't worry, a lot of fellas like women the size of gable-ends!" :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor have this annoying habit of editing footage so it looks like something it's not.

Example: On BGT, there'll be a girl on stage saying "Hello".
    If she'd odd looking or 90 or wearing little or nothing, the camera will pan to the four judges who'll have blank expressions.
    The audience will be silent and after about a minute of the judges exchanging glances, they'll say "Hi who are you?"

In reality, those pauses and silence didn't happen-they just edited it to make it look that way.
    It's hard to explain..just watch it on Saturday and see the editing going on, I can't believe I must be the only one who notices it.

I also hate how the audience give certain people a standing ovation when in reality,they'd NEVER buy that persons' CD or go see them in concert; they're just looking at everyone else and saying "If I stand up I'll look cool."

I also hate the average floppy haired teenagers warbling playing guitars, they sound the same as everyone else.

That violinist the other night, Lettice..she was good but the audience's reaction was a bit OTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Paintballing, they should just call it "pain". I'm still not right a day later, stiff and sore as hell, and as for that pack of **** that kept ignoring the "not in the face" rule, I hope they're even more sore! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Paintballing, they should just call it "pain". I'm still not right a day later, stiff and sore as hell, and as for that pack of **** that kept ignoring the "not in the face" rule, I hope they're even more sore! :mad:

Totally agree, I do not get the appeal of it at all

My sister came in to me and said 'now don't take this the wrong way, I got it free and I don't need it'

And then hands me cream for reducing stretch marks!!!!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor have this annoying habit of editing footage so it looks like something it's not.

If she'd odd looking or 90 or wearing little or nothing, the camera will pan to the four judges who'll have blank expressions.
    The audience will be silent and after about a minute of the judges exchanging glances, they'll say "Hi who are you?"

In reality, those pauses and silence didn't happen-they just edited it to make it look that way.
    It's hard to explain..just watch it on Saturday and see the editing going on, I can't believe I must be the only one who notices it.

I also hate how the audience give certain people a standing ovation when in reality,they'd NEVER buy that persons' CD or go see them in concert; they're just looking at everyone else and saying "If I stand up I'll look cool."

I also hate the average floppy haired teenagers warbling playing guitars, they sound the same as everyone else.

That violinist the other night, Lettice..she was good but the audience's reaction was a bit OTT.

I hate the way the shows are basically totally dumbed down to appeal to the masses - ever see the faux surprise on the judge's faces when something "surprising" happens?? Ridiculous. How anyone falls for that stupid claptrap baffles me.

I've done it years ago and no thanks! Half way through the game they teamed us up against a group of middle aged Germans and they kept shooting us even when we were 'dead', bastards :mad:

Edit: Also, I bruised like a peach, the state of my body after that afternoon! Double bastards...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I hate the way the shows are basically totally dumbed down to appeal to the masses - ever see the faux surprise on the judge's faces when something "surprising" happens?? Ridiculous. How anyone falls for that stupid claptrap baffles me.

Charlie Brooker explains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My sister came in to me and said 'now don't take this the wrong way, I got it free and I don't need it'

The bitch:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The 'maybe it's just me' people...I used to work with someone who used that phrase constantly, to try and prove how superior she (thought she) was to the rest of us.
    Can't think of any really good examples, which is annoying me :D.
    I remember being in a course with her once, and we all got take away coffees in the coffee shop nearby. 'I thought the place was very untidy, but maybe that's just me'.
    It wasn't...

Oh I thought of another annoyance 'I'm a bit of a Monica'...( Friends character, who was obsessive about cleaning etc).

And finally, I dislike when people describe themselves as 'a bit OCD'. I think that is like someone describing themselves as being 'a bit pregnant' when they are clearly not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I think you're taking it the wrong way.

• Advertisement

I think you're taking it the wrong way.

I'm hardly falling out with her over it?

It did annoy me though. I should say I got free immac if she wants to get rid of her ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I'm hardly falling out with her over it?

It did annoy me though. I should say I got free immac if she wants to get rid of her ronnie.

Or you could ask her for that cross trainer she bought, seeing as she never uses it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

People who say 'No Offence but...'' and proceed something really offensive and act like its ok because they said no offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

People who say 'No Offence but...'' and proceed something really offensive and act like its ok because they said no offence.

Yes! FFS, lose the crap excuses, stick to your guns and have the balls to stand by what you say or believe!

"I am not a racist, but..."

"Its not really my place to say it, but.."

and the classic

"Its really none of my business, but..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Did you stretch before to warm-up and after to warm down? That normally bypasses the 'stiffness' (giggidy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh yes, had an ex-colleague who used to say that. 'Don't take this the wrong way'..then he would proceed to cut the ground from under someone. But it was all okay because he said that, or so he thought.

I've done it years ago and no thanks! Half way through the game they teamed us up against a group of middle aged Germans and they kept shooting us even when we were 'dead', bastards :mad:

Edit: Also, I bruised like a peach, the state of my body after that afternoon! Double bastards...:pac:

Paintballing is great craic, you just have to up your game a bit when dealing with over-competitive arseholes. Me and my mates all have Airsoft M-4 carbines with selective fire, and we have two guys on the machine-gun - an Airsoft M-60, to keep their heads down! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

She's not fat, she's a real woman with curves :p

fussyonion wrote: »

I was in the audience for a recording of the X-Factor in Dublin the year Niall Horan auditioned. What actually happens in real life is very different to what makes it to TV. We were told at the beginning not to make any noise when someone is talking to the judges. Depending on how the producers want to portray a contestant, they edit in the audience's reaction afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Niall Boylan is on Classic Hits 4fm way too much. Sometimes I enjoy his show but twice a day, five days a week is over kill. He'll become the new Joe Duffy.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Did you stretch before to warm-up and after to warm down? That normally bypasses the 'stiffness' (giggidy)

NOW ya tell me like! :pac:

Ah it wouldn't have made much difference anyay, I'd already to leave the crutch and the eye patch in the car because I figured there was no way I'd be allowed play otherwise! Well I paid for that alright -

"Now lads when I tell ye to run..."

"Wait, what? Shìt, I can't run!"

Paintball to the back of the head has quite a way of motivating a person, especially when the little prick also ignores the 30ft safe distance rule!

One thing I will say though, great fun, great for team building, all that sort of craic! :D

..."Now lads when I tell ye to run..."

Run me hole. Tellin' ya - nothing intimidates even a bunch of over-competitive arsehole Germans like a paintball team turning up with a two-man heavy machine-gun crew. :D

Ah it wouldn't have made much difference anyay, I'd already to leave the crutch and the eye patch in the car because I figured there was no way I'd be allowed play otherwise! Well I paid for that alright -

Paintball to the back of the head has quite a way of motivating a person, especially when the little prick also ignores the 30ft safe distance rule!

One thing I will say though, great fun, great for team building, all that sort of craic! :D

You could always get the stretchmark cream from Mauzo, she has no use for it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't disagree (I agree) but I'm not thanking it because it'll be assumed IvaSmallWun.

I prefer the term 'below average' :D

I was wondering what has possed YOU out of all people to get involved in such shenanigans :D

• Advertisement

Since I got my Easter binge over with I decided to get my erm, ass and other bits in shape and started excercising yesterday. Fupping squats, I hate you and the ache in my thighs:mad: My arms ache, my legs ache, there's thunder here and my head is pounding too, moan, moan, moan:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

:) I thought I was a member of the S.A.S when I went paintballing!
    absolutely loved it :)

Everyone knows you stand on top of the pile of 'dead' players and proclaim that...

Your name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And you will have your vengeance, in this life or the next.

As you fall slowly to the ground in a hail of (presumably friendly given how stupid people can be) fire in the middle of a forest.

I was wondering what has possed YOU out of all people to get involved in such shenanigans :D

The posse maybe?:rolleyes:

Everyone knows you stand on top of the pile of 'dead' players and proclaim that...

Your name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And you will have your vengeance, in this life or the next.

As you fall slowly to the ground in a hail of (presumably friendly given how stupid people can be) fire in the middle of a forest.

I personally like to stand on a little grassy hillock, left leg bent at the knee and left foot on the back of a "Grunt" obliging temporarily as a footstool. Straps hanging down from the sides of my helmet and chomping on a cigar the size of a fence-post, I growl "Now son, the object of war is not to die for one's paintball team. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his!" :cool:

• Advertisement

"Goooood moooornnnninnnng Doonnnegaaaal!*"

*Or whatever county you're playing in

Yesterday - everybody.

Today - everybody.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow...

Yesterday - everybody.

Today - everybody.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow...

May I suggest the Greeks? They invented gayness!

I had a woman hit me with her handbag on the bus this morning. It was her ingenius way of asking me to move over. The smug bitch failed to notice Dublin Bus' version of Niagra Falls that was currently watering the space next to me. Needless to say I didn't move, and after explaining the world of Dublin Bus to her, she shuffled off in a huff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Today I feel like the Mexican maid off Family Guy.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The posse maybe?:rolleyes:

Trivial things that annoy me: my own typos! :mad:

;)

I personally like to stand on a little grassy hillock, left leg bent at the knee and left foot on the back of a "Grunt" obliging temporarily as a footstool. Straps hanging down from the sides of my helmet and chomping on a cigar the size of a fence-post, I growl "Now son, the object of war is not to die for one's paintball team. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his!" :cool:

deise08 wrote: »
    :) I thought I was a member of the S.A.S when I went paintballing!
    absolutely loved it :)

Hmm, I think I consider giving a paintball one more shot :rolleyes:
    I'd like to go to a shooting range once and try a revolver out.

Paintballing is what you make it. If you get around to the shooting range, try a .22LR rifle and 12-bore shotgun as well. In fact, do them first, to get you used to the noise and sensation before taking the recoil of the revolver on your wrists.

No smoking allowed in the workplace:D

That new ad for Tesco Mobile, where all the gob****es sing that stupid song!!

To think people get paid to add their own (crap) lyrics to an existing tune, and get paid for it!!

Do you ever wonder why someone in Tesco management does not say "Tell the advert agency to fcuk off, we are not paying for that sh1t!!"

It really annoys me when I'm watching television with someone who is criticising the programme, namely Mr Pumpkinseeds. I like that programme The Haunted Collector, now we both enjoy paranormal programmes but Mr P takes exception to this programme.

I'll be sitting there enjoying the programme and it gets to the bit where the guy asks if the client wants him to remove the object which may be causing the problem. It's at that point that Mr P becomes vocal on the subject, every single time. My mild mannered husband starts ranting 'thief, that guys a fcuking thief' Now admittedly the guy does take the stuff back to his private haunted musuem at his house, but like, whatever. I just like the programme. It's been cancelled now.

You should be alright as long as you don't do what I saw some lads at yesterday - holding the gun sideways! It worked if you were trying to kill the enemy with cringe! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement