Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

czechlin wrote: »
    Here we go again: bus buddies

She said 'morning' and what did miss brains here did!?
    I said 'good morning' AND smiled! Well fcuk :pac:

I tear my shirt at you... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I tear my shirt at you... :(

I'm a lost case and truly ashamed of my actions :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Pillows. Our pillows have gone in the middle again. So I haven't been sleeping that well this week. I've got to buy some more this week. It doesn't seem to matter what brand or how cheap/expensive they are, they still go in the middle. I ordered 4 online last time and they'd already gone in the middle when I took them out of the packaging:mad:
    Maybe your head is too heavy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Tilly wrote: »
    Maybe your head is too heavy :D
    It's a possibility, but the foam ones were already in 2 halves when I took them out of the packaging. I like to have 1 feather and 1 foam, that seems to be an impossible ask these days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

At self service check out in supermarket today, it's well laid out, space to queue and a sign at the entrance to the check out area 'please wait here until a check out is free'. I still managed to have someone standing on my heels while I was using the check out.
    I half hoped he would miss the next one to come free, seeing as he didn't wait at the top of the queue. Evil, that's me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Not quite bumming (trying to keep a straight face as I type this and all :D), but it reminded me of a girl yesterday that was standing so close to me in the queue in McDonalds that her breasts were sticking into my back! I thought to turn round and ask her to step back a bit, but then I figured if her tits are digging into my shoulders, chances are she's a lot taller than I am and may not take too kindly to being told keep her tits to herself! :o

Actually if I'm honest, there were a whole raft of perverted smart arse comments going round in my head, so I thought best just put up with the bra buster, all I wanted was a coffee black with none of that UHT "milk"...

Obvious train of thought is obvious :p

Mmm. Hardly able to move for seven-foot Valkyries slouching around poking their breasts into you. Pity a-fúckan bowtcha, biy! :D:D:D

:mad:Stuffing:mad:
    Is there a stronger word than hate??? Fcuking hate would have to do for now.
    It's a mouldy tasting bread substance and I have no idea why do people have the need to put in wraps, which makes it even worse to remove it than from anything else. There should be a warning sing label on food containing stuffing and coriander. Just because you hide the stuffing behind spinach it doesn't mean that I won't find it!!!:mad:

:mad:Stuffing:mad:
    Is there a stronger word than hate??? Fcuking hate would have to do for now.
    It's a mouldy tasting bread substance and I have no idea why do people have the need to put in wraps, which makes it even worse to remove it than from anything else. There should be a warning sing label on food containing stuffing and coriander. Just because you had the stuffing behind spinach it doesn't mean that I won't find it!!!:mad:

Ah now, there's stuffing and then there's stuffing. Mrs. Goose got stuffing in M&S for Christmas there a couple of years ago, and it was more like meatloaf than anything else. Unbelievable tack. I made sammitches out of it a couple days later an' all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Marty fúckin Whelan in the morning on lyric FM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    Mmm. Hardly able to move for seven-foot Valkyries slouching around poking their breasts into you. Pity a-fúckan bowtcha, biy! :D:D:D

I think that is why Cap'n Czarcasm is wearing the eye patch, turned around too quickly while in the queue.......on a very cold day:D

• Advertisement

Ah now, there's stuffing and then there's stuffing. Mrs. Goose got stuffing in M&S for Christmas there a couple of years ago, and it was more like meatloaf than anything else. Unbelievable tack. I made sammitches out of it a couple days later an' all.

The stuffing my mum would make is very different from I've tasted here. The bread in only thrown in as a binding agent and there are lotsa other yummy ingredients in it and I think we had stuffing once maybe twice a year. This space filler I've experienced is just unpleasant to my taste buds. I gave it a go a few times and no joy. I have been successful in avoiding it for maybe 2 years now, until today :pac:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I think that is why Cap'n Czarcasm is wearing the eye patch, turned around too quickly while in the queue.......on a very cold day:D

He is a retired pirate eisenberg!:mad:

*although your comment makes sense, it would probably explain the crutch as well....:pac:

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Yaaaaar!! It be the catch o' the day!!:pac:

The neighbours are in engaged in a spot of competitive diy with each other, again. So, so sick of the sound of power tools. Almost makes me want to drill stuff in protest. Speaking of power tools, I must harass, remind my husband that we need to get a new drill, the old one died.

I could wait until one morning when they've got a dirty great hangover, then start drilling at about 6am, I'm evil me:D

The neighbours are in engaged in a spot of competitive diy with each other, again. So, so sick of the sound of power tools. Almost makes me want to drill stuff in protest. Speaking of power tools, I must harass, remind my husband that we need to get a new drill, the old one died.

I could wait until one morning when they've got a dirty great hangover, then start drilling at about 6am, I'm evil me:D

No no, if you really want to make an obnoxious noise what you want is an angle-grinder.

I just ate a couple of squares of the chocolate with sea salt flakes bar that was with my Easter egg, it's disgusting. Something spawned by an evil, sick and twisted mind, the rest of it's going in the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I just ate a couple of squares of the chocolate with sea salt flakes bar that was with my Easter egg, it's disgusting. Something spawned by an evil, sick and twisted mind, the rest of it's going in the bin.

Dairy Milk and Diam

Can't get Milka and Diam anymore :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Post it down to me... Sea salt chocolate is probably my favourite chocolate in the whole world. On par with salty caramels! :D

Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt = drools
    It must be dark chocolate though, don't think I'd like milk chocolate with salt.
    But I'm not that crazy about milk chocolate anyway.

• Advertisement

Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt = drools
    It must be dark chocolate though, don't think I'd like milk chocolate with salt.
    But I'm not that crazy about milk chocolate anyway.
    I like dark chocolate and it probably would work with it, but not with the G&B milk chocolate. There's a heavier cocoa tang to their milk chocolate but it just doesn't work with the milk chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Go full scale 'lizard people caused 9/11' and they wont say anything else for fear of being associated with your ideas.

Hah, just the other day I actually mentioned the lizard people to a friend of a friend who was telling me that Jim Corr has been vindicated on most of the crap he spouted. It put a stop to her gallop alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

The Strawberry Alarm Clock. I only have to listen to it for the 2 minutes it takes me to get my breakfast in the local Spar on my way to work, but it's enough to drive me mental. It's like the most annoyingly unfunny people in the country read about humour in a book and decided to give it a lash on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You should be alright as long as you don't do what I saw some lads at yesterday - holding the gun sideways! It worked if you were trying to kill the enemy with cringe! :D
    I'm failing at trying to imagine how is that done! :D

Maybe it was Lou's birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I find the phrase "I digress..." very irritating and cringeworthy. Usually spouted by smug people!

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I find the phrase "I digress..." very irritating and cringeworthy. Usually spouted by smug people!

Why :confused: It's just a slightly fancier way of saying "Moving aside from the main subject at the moment...". Don't see anything smug about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Why :confused: It's just a slightly fancier way of saying "Moving aside from the main subject at the moment...". Don't see anything smug about it.

at the moment, I constantly say that, have to remember the word "now", worse when I type ATM :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You know when you are queuing to come off the M50 to head on to the N7?

You know how you've been in the queue for a couple of minutes and it's barely moving?

You know the cnut who drives up to the front and then bangs an indicator on and proceeds to block the inside lane of the M50 because he's waiting for his right to be "let in" to the queue?

You can die now you f*cker.

You wouldn't walk to the front of the queue in Tesco and barge in, so don't do it on the road.

Almost as bad as you is the dick who lets you in...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

mfceiling wrote: »
    You know when you are queuing to come off the M50 to head on to the N7?

You know how you've been in the queue for a couple of minutes and it's barely moving?

You know the cnut who drives up to the front and then bangs an indicator on and proceeds to block the inside lane of the M50 because he's waiting for his right to be "let in" to the queue?

You can die now you f*cker.

You wouldn't walk to the front of the queue in Tesco and barge in, so don't do it on the road.

Almost as bad as you is the dick who lets you in...
    This has to be the most annoying git on the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The price of petrol for lawnmowers..

I'm always shocked at what it costs to fill a little 5 litre container, I know I should have a rough estimate in my head but am still shocked :pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Scobes on intercity trains who stand at the door smoking, when the train stops at a Station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who say "What?" when you say something but they have heard you already.
    E.g "Do you want anything in the shop?"
    Person: "What? Oh no thanks"

Why say "what" when you clearly heard me?!
    There's a woman I know that says this EVERYTIME I speak to her and it drives me doolally.

"Hiya Trish how are you?"
    "What? Ah sure I'm grand"
    "Lovely day today isn't it?"
    "What? Oh yeah smashing"

STOP SAYING WHAT!!!!

fussyonion wrote: »

There's a woman I know that says this EVERYTIME I speak to her and it drives me doolally.

"What? Oh yeah smashing"

STOP SAYING WHAT!!!!

I do it too (although not that frequently!)... It's something I just do without thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

fussyonion wrote: »

"What? Oh yeah smashing"

STOP SAYING WHAT!!!!

When someone says "What?" I mentally drive over their face in a tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Pity a-fúckan bowtcha, biy!
    That's brill. :D

I've a friend who says "Pardon" all the time on the phone. I can't have a conversation with her at all.
    Me: So, did you get that DVD you were looking for?
    Her: Pardon?
    Me: The DVD you wanted. Did you get-
    Her: Oh yes. Got it, thanks.
    Me: That's good. You were looking for it for ages.
    Me: *waits this one out*
    Me: *still waiting but, you know, mentally stabbing her in the head*
    Her: Yeah, I really was looking for it for ages. Even Amazon don't have it. However did you spot it?
    Me: I was just passing. Saw it in the window.
    Me: (Very. Loudly.) I THINK YOUR PHONE IS BROKEN AGAIN. I HAVE TO GO NOW.
    Her: Pardon? Oh yes. Well, see you soon. Thanks for letting me know about the DVD.
    Me: Bye. No problem.
    Me: I. Said. Goodbye. It. Was. No. Problem.
    Her: Oh, well, bye now! Thanks for the call! Love to the kids!
    Me: ***seething eye-twitching rage***

I speak clearly. Nobody else has a problem understanding me on the phone. I can speak to her husband on the same phone and there's no difficulty. She's not hard of hearing and there's none of this "pardon" fúckwittery when I meet her in person. It's just on the phone and it's beyond infuriating. I'm wondering do we have the same friend, fussyonion? :confused:;) There couldn't be two of them.
    I do it too (although not that frequently!)... It's something I just do without thinking!
    Um, your name doesn't begin with "S" does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 EVOL1991

Some of the songs on my iPod that wont work and skip to the end of the track.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Bit the inside of my mouth.

Was only eating cause I felt I had to buy something after wandering around the shop so late at night.

They didn't even have the thing I wanted.

The bar I was involuntarily eating was way overpriced.

Now Im angry at myself and them.

Fcking yazoo.

Well, stop doing it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Gotta go with Ghost Buster (I think...cant find the OP) with the alternative medicine/anti vaccine increasingly vocal mob.
    A friends Mother is in the end phase of a long hard battle with cancer and only has days to live. An idiot crusty neighbour visited and told her if she had taken Bicarbonate of soda for a few months and cut out dairy she would have been fine.
    Absolutely insulting and stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Irish Independents websites recent obsession with Mario Rosenstock.

Every day they have a different 'funny' video of him doing some other character. Do they get commission on his tour ticket sales or something?

Hair bands and bobby pins, it doesn't matter how many I buy they always vanish! I could have 30 hair bands in the hair accessories basket and the minute I need one I can't find any. They are either everywhere or nowhere. People always mention the sock monster, I don't really care about that, I just wear two different socks then but there must be some imp that actually eats hair bands and pins :mad:

Oh and speaking of that. When I can't find any of my hair bands and am left to using the 'ouch band' (= normal elastic band, we have a big box of them in the office), those things pull out half your hair. :pac:

• Advertisement

"Buying was cheaper than renting"

...but the fuuckers in the bank wouldnt give us creit :mad:

Neighbours who have vile taste. Our neighbours are currently painting the exterior of their house in the most vile colour. My husband has described it as 'mutant blue':( Now we're going to have to live with that colour too.

I think there should be a law whereby anyone going into a shop and trying to buy an awful colour of external paint should only be sold white paint, to stop them inflicting their awful taste on others:D

We had the opposite problem living in England. When we went into our building society to discuss getting a mortgage they noticed my engagement ring and were trying to get us about 60 grand extra on top of the mortgage. Thankfully we'd enough common sense not to borrow from them. We rethought the whole buying side of things and stuck with renting.

There was no way that we would have been able to make the repayments on what they were offering us. I can't remember what the figures where, I just remembered being horrified that they were prepared to give us that kind of money knowing we couldn't repay it:confused::eek::mad:

Trinity college puppy room to combat stress - tf? Are we back at playschool? Just fuucking study and then you wont be stressed. Poor little dogs cooped up in the heat with stressed out strangers coming in to maul them.

Take a shelter dog out to see the sun.

We had the opposite problem living in England. When we went into our building society to discuss getting a mortgage they noticed my engagement ring and were trying to get us about 60 grand extra on top of the mortgage. Thankfully we'd enough common sense not to borrow from them. We rethought the whole buying side of things and stuck with renting.

There was no way that we would have been able to make the repayments on what they were offering us. I can't remember what the figures where, I just remembered being horrified that they were prepared to give us that kind of money knowing we couldn't repay it:confused::eek::mad:

Kind of like what happened here. Your house is 600k? Sure here's 650 - you can stick a conservatory onto every free square inch of garden, and buy a new car too! Go on, there's loadsa money - take it!

Trinity college puppy room to combat stress - tf? Are we back at playschool? Just fuucking study and then you wont be stressed. Poor little dogs cooped up in the heat with stressed out strangers coming in to maul them.

Take a shelter dog out to see the sun.

:eek::eek::eek:

Some as*wipe has decided to turf their dog out the back where we live, and it howls 24/7. Non stop :( I cant listen to the poor creature anymore.

Plus the imbecile in Lidl on Cork street yesterday who was letting his 3 year old pull a chihuahua pup around the place like a fuucking toy. Felt like belting the two of them, although admittedly its not the kids fault - he's too young to know how to handle it. Dog was terrifed. Cowering and being pulled around roughly. Dog will (rightly) snap at the child eventually and then be pts for being "viscious". Say they spent a fair amount of mickey money on it too :( Stupid imbeciles, should have been bred out by now.*

* I pledge allegiance to the banner of eugenic sterilisation.

Happy Friday.

What are the mortgage repayments on a whole Greek Island?:D

Some as*wipe has decided to turf their dog out the back where we live, and it howls 24/7. Non stop :( I cant listen to the poor creature anymore.

Plus the imbecile in Lidl on Cork street yesterday who was letting his 3 year old pull a chihuahua pup around the place like a fuucking toy. Felt like belting the two of them, although admittedly its not the kids fault - he's too young to know how to handle it. Dog was terrifed. Cowering and being pulled around roughly. Dog will (rightly) snap at the child eventually and then be pts for being "viscious". Say they spent a fair amount of mickey money on it too :( Stupid imbeciles, should have been bred out by now.*

* I pledge allegiance to the banner of eugenic sterilisation.

Happy Friday.

Am I imagining it, or are there are lot more of those out there at the moment, I see a lot of young wans strolling around with Chihuahua pups under the arm.....a new fashion item?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

When its a lovely sunny day in Ireland and its warm in the sun but Baltic in the shade,and all the seats outside the pub are in the shade

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement