Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Am I imagining it, or are there are lot more of those out there at the moment, I see a lot of young wans strolling around with Chihuahua pups under the arm.....a new fashion item?

Probably handing them out free with the children's allowance or something. I feel so sorry for the dogs. They are a nervous breed by nature :(

What are the mortgage repayments on a whole Greek Island?:D

lol, I was reading your post thinking to myself, Eisenberg has really lost it this time....and then I noticed my typo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We got a wedding anniversary card from my mother in law today, still had the 59p sticker on the back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

We got a wedding anniversary card from my mother in law today, still had the 59p sticker on the back:D

Be nice now, you have to remember that is STG..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

The non-metric system. I never know if I'm 5'3 or 5'4 or how many stones or rocks do I weight. Ounces are a complete disaster :(

• Advertisement

czechlin wrote: »
    The non-metric system. I never know if I'm 5'3 or 5'4 or how many stones or rocks do I weight. Ounces are a complete disaster :(

Do you drink beer by the quart?

Do you drink beer by the quart?

Ah now, bugger off eisenberg!:mad::P

Our nation drinks beer by hectolitres...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Worse when you learn in school metric and at home everything is in Imperial. I am trying to avoid Imperial.

Though it will always be a Pint, a pound of sausages and .... "**** that's heavy".

Ah now, bugger off eisenberg!:mad::P

Our nation drinks beer by hectolitres...:pac:

Well, with that info, I can only deduce you are not a citizen of the USA, I thought I could have caught you out on that one, darn it.;)

Well, with that info, I can only deduce you are not a citizen of the USA, I thought I could have caught you out on that one, darn it.;)

I indeed am not a citizen of the grand USA. They have the cheek to call it Budweiser, what a blasphemy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

This reminds me of learning the metric system in school, but then having to deal with the imperial system outside school, especially when I'd be helping the old man in his workshop and the machinery like lathes and milling machines all used the metric system, and he'd tell me take 3/16th off a lump of metal. Being out by 0.24 of a millimeter if I was lazy with my conversions meant a fairly severe clip round the ear! :pac:

Nowadays you'll see kids out with calculators to do what should be simple mental arithmetic! As much as I love technology, sometimes it makes life easier, but more times it just encourages laziness!

I indeed am not a citizen of the grand USA. They have the cheek to call it Budweiser, what a blasphemy...

BUDVAR??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Czarcasm wrote: »
    This reminds me of learning the metric system in school, but then having to deal with the imperial system outside school, especially when I'd be helping the old man in his workshop and the machinery like lathes and milling machines all used the metric system, and he'd tell me take 3/16th off a lump of metal. Being out by 0.24 of a millimeter if I was lazy with my conversions meant a fairly severe clip round the ear! :pac:

Nowadays you'll see kids out with calculators to do what should be simple mental arithmetic! As much as I love technology, sometimes it makes life easier, but more times it just encourages laziness!

As the fella said: the nearest thou?? That's no good around here, biy - has to be bang-on! :pac:

BUDVAR??

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

That it took a group of nine to come in and queue together to buy one,count it, one single small dairymilk!

jimgoose wrote: »
    As the fella said: the nearest thou?? That's no good around here, biy - has to be bang-on! :pac:

I love it when people mix it.

"What size is it"
    "Oh, about a foot and a half wide, a metre tall, and a yard or so long"
    "really? and what weight?"
    "about the same a two bags of spuds, the big ones":D

I love it when people mix it.

"What size is it"
    "Oh, about a foot and a half wide, a metre tall, and a yard or so long"
    "really? and what weight?"
    "about the same a two bags of spuds, the big ones":D

That be the four stone bags of spuds now or the 25kg bag of spuds?

"Bring in that bag of coal out of the van!"

"But it says 50kg :eek:"

"Go on! Put muscles on ya!"

Most heavy lifting anyone does nowadays is done in the gym. I went to the gym once on a mates guest pass. There were lads there grunting and moaning while lifting 6kg dumbbells, eyeballing themselves in the wall to wall mirrors. I got kicked off the treadmill for wearing new rocks and jeans.

Really wasn't for me :o

That be the four stone bags of spuds now or the 25kg bag of spuds?

"Bring in that bag of coal out of the van!"

"But it says 50kg :eek:"

"Go on! Put muscles on ya!"

Most heavy lifting anyone does nowadays is done in the gym. I went to the gym once on a mates guest pass. There were lads there grunting and moaning while lifting 6kg dumbbells, eyeballing themselves in the wall to wall mirrors. I got kicked off the treadmill for wearing new rocks and jeans.

Really wasn't for me :o

Lol, and the rest are outside shaking bottles of protein powder drinks. Whats happening to the men? Are they trying to counter act the effects of all the yasminelle in the drinking water? ;)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Lol, and the rest are outside shaking bottles of protein powder drinks. Whats happening to the men? Are they trying to counter act the effects of all the yasminelle in the drinking water? ;)

Yasminelle? Is the national park in the states with the big geyser?

WTF is yasminelle?

Yasminelle? Is the national park in the states with the big geyser?

WTF is yasminelle?

Ahh Eisenberg*, that's Yellowstone! :D

(although one of the side effects for a guy popping yasminelle is that he could indeed end up with yellow stones! :D)

It's a contraceptive pill!

*Speaking of all things American, I always instinctively read your username as Eisenhower! :o

• Advertisement

Speaking of drinking water, my total lack of discipline when it comes to drinking water really annoys me. I should drink a lot more fluids than I do. I realised recently how little fluids I actually consume in an average day.

So I bought a 2 litre bottle of water with the intention of refilling it every morning so I'd know I was getting enough fluids. I bought it on Wednesday, it's still sitting on a worktop by the sink, unopened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Being hungry but not hungry enough to make a decision on what to eat. (Another pint I think...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Going for something to eat and the waiters are hovering around ready to pounce.Go away and let me eat in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

PEOPLE who smoke, go to the doctor every few weeks,
    get medicine, ah sure ,its free ,
    i have a medical card.
    Here s a tip,
    if you are over 30 , and smoke ten cigarettes every day,
    you are an idiot ,and a moron.

AT least try and give up smoking .
    Otherwise you are just slowly destroying your body.
    90 per cent of the of people i know ,gave up smoking,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Whys the Champions League called that when really it's a championship, not a league..?

riclad wrote: »
    i have a medical card.
    Here s a tip,

90 PER CENT of people i know ,gave up smoking,

Live longer so I can listen to non-smokers pontificate about my lifestyle choices?

You make it sound like such an appealing prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

i have a medical card.
    Here s a tip,

Didnt realise Im entitled to a medical card...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

1)When you turn on the tap to get a glass of water except you turn it on too much and the water splashes on you and around the sink but not in the glass and you end up cleaning it up with paper towels that disintegrate when you use them.

2) My lack of punctuation when I am annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Having €19.98 in my account and having insufficient funds to take out the score I need from the Jazeus ATM!!!

• Advertisement

1)When you turn on the tap to get a glass of water except you turn it on too much and the water splashes on you and around the sink but not in the glass and you end up cleaning it up with paper towels that disintegrate when you use them.

2) My lack of punctuation when I am annoyed.
    It's even worse if you turn on the tap not knowing that the waters been turned off earlier and the water pressure then pulls the glass out of your hand smashing the glass and any other plates, mugs or glasses in the sink:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When you go to the toilet, I'm trying to put it delicately :-) and you feel the big cold splash on rear end ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Theres a thread in AH that is titled "The French Prince of Bel Air".
    French..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

deise08 wrote: »
    When you go to the toilet, I'm trying to put it delicately :-) and you feel the big cold splash on rear end ;-)

Like someone fired a bucket of water at your arse, I hate it!

Ahh Eisenberg*, that's Yellowstone! :D

(although one of the side effects for a guy popping yasminelle is that he could indeed end up with yellow stones! :D)

It's a contraceptive pill!

*Speaking of all things American, I always instinctively read your username as Eisenhower! :o

You can call me Ike. Is that for males? I am not well informed on this at all.

i have a medical card.
    Here s a tip,

Did you ever smoke?
    I smoked for years, and tried several times to give them up, it is very, very hard (I have heard it is easier to get off heroin - nothing to back that up mind).
    you say 90% of people you know, quit, that is a huge percentage? I would say about 10% of all the people I know gave them up.
    Some want to, most despite saying they want to, don't.

Frankly, I cannot understand why more people do not want to get off them, but it is a choice, and I can tell you, giving lectures and pontificating about smoking and all health issues, will do nothing to make people give them up, it just pisses them off. Describing smokers as morons etc does not help.

For what its worth, I am off them a few years ( 40 a day) and if I went to the doc tomorrow and he told me I had three months to live, first thing I would do is buy 20 major...........but having said that, I am not sorry I gave them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Or when your in a pub or restaurant bathroom and wash your hands but theres too much pressure so it splashes out from the sink which is perfectly placed at crotch level so that it now looks as if you just didnt manage to get to the toilet on time and have wet yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Or when your in a pub or restaurant bathroom and wash your hands but theres too much pressure so it splashes out from the sink which is perfectly placed at crotch level so that it now looks as if you just didnt manage to get to the toilet on time and have wet yourself.

That little dance you have to do under the hand dryer to try and get your crotch under the warm air, hoping that no one comes in at that moment :o

ps doesn't work with a new airblade dryer :mad::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Women putting their make up on on the bus. So bloody disgusting!!!

i have a medical card.
    Here s a tip,

Patronising comments in regards smokers such as this one annoy me. And I don't even smoke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    Having €19.98 in my account and having insufficient funds to take out the score I need from the Jazeus ATM!!!
    Go into one of the big supermarkets, buy a pack of chewing gum on the card and get the balance taken out as cash back. I do this a lot in SuperValu.

• Advertisement

I must have slept in a weird position because now I have a really sore back, right above my shoulder blade, even turning my head hurts. How do I fix this!? :eek:

I must have slept in a weird position because now I have a really sore back, right above my shoulder blade, even turning my head hurts. How do I fix this!? :eek:

Hot bath....maybe you slept with a window open and caught a draft?

Hot bath....maybe you slept with a window open and caught a draft?

Was tucked under the duvet all night and no window open. Had a long hot shower, few stretches and no joy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

People with incredibly tight jeans/ trousers , men & women and have a phone jammed in the back pocket.

And people with dogs in their handbags, makes me want to ring them just to see them answer a dog poo covered phone, i mean the dogs must be sh*tting and p*ssing all day all over the contents, classy

People who forget that After hours is just a bit of fun. Why take things so seriously? Why take so personally the random comments of a stranger that you've never met and never will meet:confused: There seems to be a lot of posters who want to take offence at stuff, they probably take offence at the fact that there isn't a daily thread at which to take personal offence at. Life is just too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 EVOL1991

People in supermarkets who stop to chat to each other blocking the aisle while doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

People who forget that After hours is just a bit of fun. Why take things so seriously? Why take so personally the random comments of a stranger that you've never met and never will meet:confused: There seems to be a lot of posters who want to take offence at stuff, they probably take offence at the fact that there isn't a daily thread at which to take personal offence at. Life is just too short.

What's worse is the people who take offense and say things like "well I suppose I should expect it from AH" or "thats low even for AH", you're posting on AH and therefore you are also part of AH, and it's not like after hours is just some sub forum reserved for the scum of boards, its the most general forum on the site, you're gonna insult a wide range of people yourself with comments like that!

Tasden wrote: »
    What's worse is the people who take offense and say things like "well I suppose I should expect it from AH" or "thats low even for AH", you're posting on AH and therefore you are also part of AH, and it's not like after hours is just some sub forum reserved for the scum of boards, its the most general forum on the site, you're gonna insult a wide range of people yourself with comments like that!
    Oh come onnn, lighten up for goodness sake. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Oh come onnn, lighten up for goodness sake. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you.

I'm having difficulty deciding whether you're joking or serious.... :o

My post was agreeing with you anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Tasden wrote: »
    I'm having difficulty deciding whether you're joking or serious.... :o

My post was agreeing with you anyway!
    It's after hours. The default is that everyone is being sarcastic. What more do you expect from this place? :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement