Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

People who say "mwah" when greeting each other with a 'kiss'.

People cycling on footpaths who play chicken with pedestrians.

Students from a certain Mediterranean country blocking up the path.

People who are stunned when one is Atheist.

People stopping right in front of you on the path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

People who say "mwah" when greeting each other with a 'kiss'.
    People who great by kissing on each cheek. What's wrong with a hand shake or a hug if it's someone you know really well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Tasden wrote: »
    I'm having difficulty deciding whether you're joking or serious.... :o

My post was agreeing with you anyway!
    Sorry:o, I'm exhausted and a bit snappy today, didn't read your post properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Heard this read out by Anton Savage:
    'For my wife and I's anniversary!!!'

Groan, groan, groan!!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    People who great by kissing on each cheek. What's wrong with a hand shake or a hug if it's someone you know really well?

A greeting with a kiss, handshake or hug is fine - it's the "mwah" sound they make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Saunas ..., you fell you're supposed to enjoy a sauna , but no ,whenever I use a sauna I'm overheating after a minute ,and I'm flying out the door as if my life depended on it... Mad bastards those Scandinavians !

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

People that walk on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Oh come onnn, lighten up for goodness sake. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you.

The Goose sez: leave our Ickle Punkin alone. Or else!

Oops69 wrote: »
    Saunas ..., you fell you're supposed to enjoy a sauna , but no ,whenever I use a sauna I'm overheating after a minute ,and I'm flying out the door as if my life depended on it... Mad bastards those Scandinavians !

Sitting naked with a load of men? Where do you think the word "Steamer" comes from?? As Aristotle put it, Phukdatphorragamasoljers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

This stupid back pain. I was meant to be out partying and instead I am bed bound. On a Saturday night. Sober. Well this just sucks :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Women going round with the lip hair of a 16 year old young fella showing his manliness.

There was one there the other day in a certain bank branch in a large shopping centre in Dublin serving me.

Her:

http://usasoccerstud.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pique_mexico_86.jpg

How can I help you.

Me:

http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/1024x640/meme-faces/37403/meme-faces-view-full-size-more-uomo-dei-cereali-37403.jpg

(In head .... you can shave that bum fluff off your face for a start)

Id just like to make a deposit.

(of razor blades in your handbag)

Her:
    http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/2/20-misquoted-movie-lines-10.jpg

There you go.

Me:
    http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/surprised-reaction-guy-l.png

thanks (for the Freddie Mercury impression)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

czechlin wrote: »
    This stupid back pain. I was meant to be out partying and instead I am bed bound. On a Saturday night. Sober. Well this just sucks :mad:

If its any consolation, I'm also immobile at the moment, high as bejaysus on medication.

Things that annoy me:
    Coming home from holidays
    People who get annoyed at crying children on planes
    Taking my belt off at the security check in the airport
    Losing my flight tickets somewhere in the airport and running around like a lunatic trying to find them
    Sunburn - f*ck you sunburn
    Gout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Sound like you need a holiday there boom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Heard this read out by Anton Savage:
    'For my wife and I's anniversary!!!'

Groan, groan, groan!!!!! :(

Maybe it was for The King & I:P

Earplugs. They are so uncomfortable and annoying to sleep in. I've tried loads of types and none of them are comfy. Also, itchy skin, for some reason my face is really itchy and driving me mad.

• Advertisement

Earplugs. They are so uncomfortable and annoying to sleep in. I've tried loads of types and none of them are comfy. Also, itchy skin, for some reason my face is really itchy and driving me mad.

Re your itchy face, Pumpkinseeds, mine has also been driving me crazy for the past while! Have been to the doctor and pharmacist - still suffering! The pharmacist has been having the same problem. :( La Roche Posay anti-irritation balm provides some help!!

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Re your itchy face, Pumpkinseeds, mine has also been driving me crazy for the past while! Have been to the doctor and pharmacist - still suffering! The pharmacist has been having the same problem. :( La Roche Posay anti-irritation balm provides some help!!
    Thanks. I've tried Cetaphil this week, just had a reaction to that today:( I hate having sensitive skin. All the stuff that's supposed to be gentle on skin just inflames my skin. I'm back with my Dermatologist next month for something else, so I'll see what he suggests too.

The Cetaphil was 15 quid and it'll probably be more expensive for La Roche Posay and Elave. Even tried the Moo Goo range and that irritated my face too.

Good luck! Have more visits ahead of me also, I suspect!! :(

Really, really annoying!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

International exchange rates :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If its any consolation, I'm also immobile at the moment, high as bejaysus on medication.

Things that annoy me:
    Coming home from holidays
    People who get annoyed at crying children on planes
    Taking my belt off at the security check in the airport
    Losing my flight tickets somewhere in the airport and running around like a lunatic trying to find them
    Sunburn - f*ck you sunburn
    Gout

Crying kids on planes grrrrr, should have a section for parents and their screaming brats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Ladies public toilets that haven't got hooks on the back of the door! Drives me mad. Or they have those long barrels that your bags just fall off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bad pain days with broken wrist and itching under the cast...pain is knocking me sick today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Graces7 wrote: »
    bad pain days with broken wrist and itching under the cast...pain is knocking me sick today

When my mom broke her arm she used to put the dull end of a knitting needle up her cast to scratch her arm.

today
    When my mom broke her arm she used to put the dull end of a knitting needle up her cast to scratch her arm.

tempting...the info sheet says not to poke things down...tis the pain driving me crazy today...all i did was stretch this morning..tendons seem offended. how one split second can change your life for months...

gg2 wrote: »
    Ladies public toilets that haven't got hooks on the back of the door! Drives me mad. Or they have those long barrels that your bags just fall off

if they did i would forget things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Sorry to hear that Boom_Bap, I'm much better today, not walking like a robot and can move my head better. Get well soon! ;)

today

tempting...the info sheet says not to poke things down...tis the pain driving me crazy today...all i did was stretch this morning..tendons seem offended. how one split second can change your life for months...

thank the good lord for tylex...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

an itch in your ear or the back of your mouth that you can't reach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

if they did i would forget things..

Really?even though when you would be opening the door your bags would be almost literally hitting you in the face?

Graces were you fighting wasps too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

deise08 wrote: »
    Graces were you fighting wasps too?

Broken wrist, fighting wasps...

Seems legit :D

When you get a song stuck in your head. I've got that Queen song 'I'm going slightly mad' stuck in mine, although that may just be reflective of my state of mind:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When you catch your finger in your cupboard door.Man does it hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Elmo wrote: »
    an itch in your ear or the back of your mouth that you can't reach

YES! Wtf is that?? You end up rubbling the back of your tongue on it trying to scratch it! Or wiggling your finger in your ear and it only makes it worse.

I had a hair stuck in my throat last night, was really frustrating. I thought if I ate something it might go down with it. I had a flapjack in my bag but was worried my OH would wake up and see me eating at 1am and think I'm some sort of secret eater :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dozing off in the middle of a TV programme and waking not knowing who's who or where the storyline went.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

czechlin wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Boom_Bap, I'm much better today, not walking like a robot and can move my head better. Get well soon! ;)

Cheers, I'm on the mend as well thanks to beautiful beautiful steroids.......but I'm still going to milk it in front of my lady for at least another day or so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mauzo! wrote: »
    YES! Wtf is that?? You end up rubbling the back of your tongue on it trying to scratch it! Or wiggling your finger in your ear and it only makes it worse.

I had a hair stuck in my throat last night, was really frustrating. I thought if I ate something it might go down with it. I had a flapjack in my bag but was worried my OH would wake up and see me eating at 1am and think I'm some sort of secret eater :o

Well I had an allergic reaction to shampoo, it got up my nose. Was driving when the allergy start frustrating me, I had no tissue to blow my nose, so in turn that caused me to have a sore throat, followed by a summer cold followed by that damn itch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

:mad: Why do people take their mutt out for a walk, bag up the dog crap, and throw the bag on the grass verge? Why? Who could be so fúcking inconsiderate and lazy that they think this is remotely okay?

People around my area broke their arses cleaning up the Dodder. We try to keep the place nice and do what we can for the area we all live in. Yet, there is some lazy fúcker who thinks it perfectly okay to throw his/her dog crap around for others to clear up. When I find out who you are, I'm gonna shove your lazy fúcking face in this heap of shíte you've created.

bridgedirt_zps6f7296e8.jpg

I watched this pile grow over two weeks. Every day, there'd be another bag added to it, sometimes two. It's the same type of bag and the same spot, so I reckon it's the same person. I've tried varying my walk/cycle to work times to catch her/him in the act but haven't yet. I've been on to the Council and they can do nothing unless they catch this tosser in the act. No sooner than it's all cleaned up, then the shít-bagger is back with the bags of crap and the pile begins again. Grrrrrrr.

Ps - if anyone else travels along the Dodder cycle path near Milltown, keep an eye out for this clown. The pile is always at the corner of that little footbridge at Bankside Cottages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

but I'm still going to milk it in front of my lady for at least another day or so :)

Careful it doesn't fall off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

One man in work who I cannot stand- he microwaves fish in the staff microwave- acts like there is nothing wrong and cannot understand why we "spoilt europeans" object to him microwaving fish. Wouldn't mind but he doesn't even work on the same floor or dept. Grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Mondays.

That I went back to see how the 'matter of national importance' thread was going, and it had just totally disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

That I went back to see how the 'matter of national importance' thread was going, and it had just totally disappeared

It mustn't have been all that important. Or maybe, just maybe it was so important that all record of it has been wiped Big Brother style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That sounds interesting. And potentially libellous!

I WANNA KNOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When your toast goes cold before you have a chance to eat it.It has to be hot with the butter melted in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There are never any buses (they all cease to exist) between 08:25 and 08:35*

So, if getting one at 08:35 means you will be a little late, you think, ok well sure I'll get myself to the bus stop ten minutes early...so you get there at 08:25 feeling delighted with yourself, and spend ten minutes waiting for the fuucker at 08:35 that you would have got anyway :(

So really, unless you are going to be more than ten minutes early there is no point being early at all.

*Trivial annoyance: I know this and still keep fooling myself.

gg2 wrote: »
    Really?even though when you would be opening the door your bags would be almost literally hitting you in the face?[/QUOTE

i dont carry a bag,,,my car keys only....have left them in some interesting toilets over the years...

dubstarr wrote: »
    When your toast goes cold before you have a chance to eat it.It has to be hot with the butter melted in

I love cold toast! I put mine in the fridge to cool it down before I put butter on it :P

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I love cold toast! I put mine in the fridge to cool it down before I put butter on it :P

Oddly enough, I rather like cold-ish toast myself, with a layer of creamy butter on top that I can actually see. The fridge is a bridge too far, though! :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I rather like cold-ish toast myself, with a layer of creamy butter on top that I can actually see. The fridge is a bridge too far, though! :D

Fridge is just if I am in a hurry to cool ot down to an acceptable temperature :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement