Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

deise08 wrote: »
    Graces were you fighting wasps too?

nope; i was heaving planks of wood around in the shed, preparing to block off the bottom of the fence so my cats will only have one way through my garden. my kind landlod had just fenced it in for me...tripped and fell onto a shifting pile of split logs..took me several tries to get up....in the us they have adverts for alarm phones with this old dear lying on the floor quavering....ive fallen and i cant get up....so i lay there, repeated that and burst out laughing...
    it was the next day and many tylex later that i conceded defeat and went to a and e

i am only just over 70 ..

one of my extended family in canada has just broken a hip....much the same age as me but she had seen a shingle loose on the roof, climbed up and fell off...

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Broken wrist, fighting wasps...

Seems legit :D

i dont fight them, i feed them with sugar water, jam etc...watch folk doing the wasp dance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Fridge is just if I am in a hurry to cool ot down to an acceptable temperature :P

In fact I have the opposite problem with butter during the Winter. You do not want to see what happened one day when I mis-timed it with the microwave and a half-pound of Kerrygold. :pac::pac::pac:

bronn wrote: »
    :mad: Why do people take their mutt out for a walk, bag up the dog crap, and throw the bag on the grass verge? Why? Who could be so fúcking inconsiderate and lazy that they think this is remotely okay?

People around my area broke their arses cleaning up the Dodder. We try to keep the place nice and do what we can for the area we all live in. Yet, there is some lazy fúcker who thinks it perfectly okay to throw his/her dog crap around for others to clear up. When I find out who you are, I'm gonna shove your lazy fúcking face in this heap of shíte you've created.

bridgedirt_zps6f7296e8.jpg

I watched this pile grow over two weeks. Every day, there'd be another bag added to it, sometimes two. It's the same type of bag and the same spot, so I reckon it's the same person. I've tried varying my walk/cycle to work times to catch her/him in the act but haven't yet. I've been on to the Council and they can do nothing unless they catch this tosser in the act. No sooner than it's all cleaned up, then the shít-bagger is back with the bags of crap and the pile begins again. Grrrrrrr.

Ps - if anyone else travels along the Dodder cycle path near Milltown, keep an eye out for this clown. The pile is always at the corner of that little footbridge at Bankside Cottages.
    take a camera with you...

when i was coming home from hospital by their taxi, i was still nauseous so had one of those funny new sick bags with me. thick plastic tubes style. had to get the very understanding driver to stop, by a grass verge with sheep over the fence.

the driver wanted me to throw it in the verge...refused and drove the rest of the way clutching it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I was shaving last night and managed to drag a three blade razor across my finger nail, did not draw blood, but Christ, the sensation gave me a pain in my hair.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I was shaving last night and managed to drag a three blade razor across my finger nail, did not draw blood, but Christ, the sensation gave me a pain in my hair.

NNNNNNNYAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Graces7 wrote: »
    i dont fight them, i feed them with sugar water, jam etc...watch folk doing the wasp dance!

Don't let lapin hear you say that :) he's not in the best with wasps at the mo.
    Ya I'm the same. I feed them too and have them walking all over me :) people think I'm nuts !

Graces if that's what you're doing at your age, shifting wood around, I'd love to be like ya. :-) hope you're feeling better soon

...Graces if that's what you're doing at your age, shifting wood around, I'd love to be like ya. :-) hope you're feeling better soon

They're all leapin' around like kids these days. 70 is the new 50! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Even reading this gave me a pain in my nails. Up there with biting them below the nerve or when you pull it across too low down, as well as that electric shock when a piece of tin foil touches a filling or you chew the corner of a dry tea cloth and hear that dry squeak in your mouth :P

Ya I'm the same. I feed them too and have them walking all over me :) people think I'm nuts !

Graces if that's what you're doing at your age, shifting wood around, I'd love to be like ya. :-) hope you're feeling better soon

gee thanks!:o

dratted injury has developed dystrophy now. my throwing wood around may be over...

interesting thing is that although i did not do that job, the cats are using the entry point i had planned for them...

have such a pretty sky blue cast now...fibreglass..great advance on the old stuff

• Advertisement

i got stung on the inside of my knee a few years ago..never been in such agony. must have hit a nerve. left a scar too...so feeding them keeps t hem away. had poor lapin done that...

i sell jam at market and offer a free wasp with every jar...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I've done that before, blood everywhere! Then I pulled the nail off.

mauzo! wrote: »
    I've done that before, blood everywhere! Then I pulled the nail off.

:eek::eek::eek: <THUD>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

jimgoose wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: <THUD>

I'm really tempted to put up a picture.

No blood, just what it looks like now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

That the only post coming through the letter box = bills, bills and more bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

LynnGrace wrote: »

You need to do something about that letterbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

LynnGrace wrote: »

Paperless billing Lynn, now all I get in my mailbox are postcards and letters from friends. I love to read about my friends adventures abroad; email, skype, etc are always so impersonal and disconnected. At least with a postcard or a letter I appreciate the person has sat down and taken time to write it :)

Off-topic but Lynn you're a bit of a legend really with all your wood chopping, wasp fighting, wrist breaking... and you're still only 70!! :D

...Off-topic but Lynn you're a bit of a legend really with all your wood chopping, wasp fighting, wrist breaking... and you're still only 70!! :D

That's Graces7, Czarky. But yeah, she's a bit a' stuff. Must organise a Wing Chun Kung-Fu bout between herself and my mother, a sprightly young wan of 78. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

nope; i was heaving planks of wood around in the shed, preparing to block off the bottom of the fence so my cats will only have one way through my garden. my kind landlod had just fenced it in for me...tripped and fell onto a shifting pile of split logs..took me several tries to get up....in the us they have adverts for alarm phones with this old dear lying on the floor quavering....ive fallen and i cant get up....so i lay there, repeated that and burst out laughing...
    it was the next day and many tylex later that i conceded defeat and went to a and e

i am only just over 70 ..

one of my extended family in canada has just broken a hip....much the same age as me but she had seen a shingle loose on the roof, climbed up and fell off...

Graces7, I too am over 70 and I have a phone alarm fob that I carry around my neck. Only used it once when I fell crossing a gate and broke a wrist and leg. Great device and easily available - community alert scheme arranged moine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Getting nauseous reading all those posts about cuts, nails, bone fractures and WASPS!!

Someone give me a shout when it's over, please :pac:

Off-topic but Lynn you're a bit of a legend really with all your wood chopping, wasp fighting, wrist breaking... and you're still only 70!! :D

Not me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Some peoples disgusting personal habits. I saw a guy this morning with either the worst smokers cough in the world or else it was a bad chest infection. I thought it was bad enough when he was spitting phlegm on the ground, but it got worse. He blew his nose on his hand a couple of times and after each blow he flicked the snot on the ground:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Football-related

Player of year awards announced before season ends.
    Why not a few days AFTER the season ends?

Man of the match awards announced before match ends.
    Why not a few minutes AFTER the match ends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

The feeling when you unknowingly walk into a web, being afraid of spiders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Football-related

Player of year awards announced before season ends.
    Why not a few days AFTER the season ends?

Man of the match awards announced before match ends.
    Why not a few minutes AFTER the match ends?

"Car of the year 2014"... announced in January 2014 :confused:

• Advertisement

Some peoples disgusting personal habits. I saw a guy this morning with either the worst smokers cough in the world or else it was a bad chest infection. I thought it was bad enough when he was spitting phlegm on the ground, but it got worse. He blew his nose on his hand a couple of times and after each blow he flicked the snot on the ground:eek::eek:

Especially when they flick, and the phlegm/snot (phlot?) does not leave the hand on the first flick, so it kinda elongates, and takes a few flick and then bounces on impact:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

There should be a special annoyance thread related to disgusting habits and sh1t talk! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

czechlin wrote: »
    There should be a special annoyance thread related to disgusting habits and sh1t talk! :mad:

I agree. I would really like to eat lunch later.

i got stung on the inside of my knee a few years ago..never been in such agony. must have hit a nerve. left a scar too...so feeding them keeps t hem away. had poor lapin done that...

i sell jam at market and offer a free wasp with every jar...;)

Got stung in the same place last year, ballooned so much it looked like my knee was on back to front :(.

You're an inspiration Grace. I always enjoy your contributions here and your attitude in general.

If you get fed up here sometimes, there's another forum you might also like
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1480

But don't spend too long there, or you'll be missed here. :)

Just got an email about a sale 'EVERYTHING REDUCED', then in much smaller print 'Exclusions apply'...

• Advertisement

We were on hols a couple of years ago in Skiathos, and there were wasps everywhere, Mrs E was sprawled on a sunbed on the beach, and lets out an almighty roar, she was stung on the ass cheek, she is jumping and screaming, holding her ass, and for some reason, everyone is staring at me...............

Graces7, I too am over 70 and I have a phone alarm fob that I carry around my neck. Only used it once when I fell crossing a gate and broke a wrist and leg. Great device and easily available - community alert scheme arranged moine.

no landline here and no mobile signal either...i manage in my own way...i did that day phone my great ll but he was lambing in a valley with no signal so did not the message until the next day. he was so utterly apologetic to have let me down! ate crow for days;)

The feeling when you unknowingly walk into a web, being afraid of spiders

yukk..the house i rented before this one was infested with all manner of nasties...one day i was abed chatting to family on the phone when this giant spider landed on my head and ran down my face...she was 4 inches across and grossly pregnant,

the scream i let out was heard in canada even without the phone..

srameen, no corrections please...that house was something else..a plague of grey slugs in the kitchen so you would put your hand on one when you went to put the kettle on..rats in the walls..

Candie wrote: »
    Got stung in the same place last year, ballooned so much it looked like my knee was on back to front :(.

You're an inspiration Grace. I always enjoy your contributions here and your attitude in general.

:o

kind lady...am here so much as cannot work till this wrist heals ...

the scream i let out was heard in canada even without the phone..

I can vouch for this. We all heard her. It was terrifying. ;):)

Candie wrote: »

hmmmm..prefer younger company!;)

they are rattling on about sex there too:rolleyes:

hmmmm..prefer younger company!;)

they are rattling on about sex there too:rolleyes:

I'd say there's rattling involved alright :)

I can vouch for this. We all heard her. It was terrifying. ;):)

they understood as they have had spider bites and are terrified too. never blenched!

We were on hols a couple of years ago in Skiathos, and there were wasps everywhere, Mrs E was sprawled on a sunbed on the beach, and lets out an almighty roar, she was stung on the ass cheek, she is jumping and screaming, holding her ass, and for some reason, everyone is staring at me...............

hope she went and sat in the sea....

they understood as they have had spider bites and are terrified too. never blenched!

I've never been bit by a spider (thankfully) but I used to live in a house where there were huge spiders. I hated that house as they would pop up everywhere.

• Advertisement

I've never been bit by a spider (thankfully) but I used to live in a house where there were huge spiders. I hated that house as they would pop up everywhere.

family have had bites and they dont heal. leave a crater:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

When people say Sir Alex Ferguson in normal speech or informal writing/posts. I know he has the title and people are free to call him that, but I just dont like it used outside of the press, tv, BBC etc.

Also, people who spell Laois as Leix.

When people say Sir Alex Ferguson in normal speech or informal writing/posts. I know he has the title and people are free to call him that, but I just dont like it used outside of the press, tv, BBC etc.

Also, people who spell Laois as Leix.

i know one tour guide who spells cobh as cove.

flies...must be summer..dratted bluebottles in the house:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

no landline here and no mobile signal either...i manage in my own way...i did that day phone my great ll but he was lambing in a valley with no signal so did not the message until the next day. he was so utterly apologetic to have let me down! ate crow for days;)

What do you use for internet connection? You can piggyback on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Seeing the same wasters every day, spending their days going from the bookies to the pub to the chipper. Blowing their unearned dole money. The same fools would never have been more than a mile away from home, and refer to some English football club as "we".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A cousin of the "RIP" on social networking sites, people who write "my condolences to the family" or "Rest in peace" in the comment section under a piece of sad news. Sorry but who exactly do you think you are that anyone is even going to see, never mind give a sh1t about what you write here. Twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Flies. 2 bluebottles have gotten in and I can't get the fcukers out. I can't swat them as I've a burst abcess under my arm, my husband is asleep and none of our 4 cats has the slightest interest in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A cousin of the "RIP" on social networking sites, people who write "my condolences to the family" or "Rest in peace" in the comment section under a piece of sad news. Sorry but who exactly do you think you are that anyone is even going to see, never mind give a sh1t about what you write here. Twats.

Facebook pages annoy me the most! You always get people commenting who don't even know the person.

• Advertisement

What do you use for internet connection? You can piggyback on that.

satellite and ip phone..and i only plug the phone in to make rare outgoing calls. no one has my number. i am fine and have no intention of breaking any more bones...family hear from me daily and if they dont they have my lls number.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement