Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Flies. 2 bluebottles have gotten in and I can't get the fcukers out. I can't swat them as I've a burst abcess under my arm, my husband is asleep and none of our 4 cats has the slightest interest in them.

awww.. i had several and i had bought a spray so they are no more..i cannot chase things round...

so sorry re the abcess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Motivational quotes. Just feck off already.
    Marilyn Monroe's quotes. You're a drama queen, we get it.

People, who think I'm some sort of a super woman. I am not.
    People, who make me feel guilty, even though it's not intentional but its repetitiveness is tiring.
    People, who ask for help and support and when you provide just that, they change their mind and you feel like a fool because you end up looking like an arsehole (in your own eyes).

This day is not a good one. It's a whole pile of annoyance and nuisance :mad:

/rant over, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A cousin of the "RIP" on social networking sites, people who write "my condolences to the family" or "Rest in peace" in the comment section under a piece of sad news. Sorry but who exactly do you think you are that anyone is even going to see, never mind give a sh1t about what you write here. Twats.

Whatever about the RIP, it's the 'rip' that gets me!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

czechlin wrote: »

People, who make me feel guilty, even though it's not intentional but its repetitiveness is tiring.
    People, who ask for help and support and when you provide just that, they change their mind and you feel like a fool because you end up looking like an arsehole (in your own eyes).

/rant over, sorry.
    Poor Czechlin, you're having a bitch of a day by the sound of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

the fact that the soap tray has a hole for the shower hose, how do you take down the hose when you want to clean ....

... the shower after your finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Elmo wrote: »
    the fact that the soap tray has a hole for the shower hose, how do you take down the hose when you want to clean ....

... the shower after your finished

One of my favourite movie excerpts of all time. :cool:

jimgoose wrote: »
    One of my favourite movie excerpts of all time. :cool:

prob one of the best teen movies and comedies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

/rant over, sorry.
    Same here, that is the beauty of this thread, we can say something here and get it out of the system a bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

/rant over, sorry.

I thought you were a bit cranky earlier....................kidding;)

A bit like when people ask for directions for, say, the nearest bank. which you provide...

"down that way, take a left and its on the right hand side, you cant miss it"
    "Ok, thanks"

And they piss off in the opposite direction:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

People who touch my laptop screen with their greasy fingers. When i'm in college some of my classmates like to point out things or explain something by mauling my screen, it really pisses me off. I often shout when i see them about to touch it 'Don't effin touch it' they think i am a bit mad when it comes to this. I had one guy point at my screen with a pen and he marked it. I nearly killed him that day. I have no idea why touching it makes me so angry but it does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I got asked for I.D in Lidl earlier. My OH has my passport because I lose everything :(

I really wanted a drink after dinner too.

When a post disappears. I am certain I submitted a post a few minutes ago, dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That you don't get a lot of time to edit a comment after you post it. I am quite the stickler for grammar and punctuation in my comments. Other people's mistakes don't bother me but I'll google words if I'm not sure of the spelling. I'm really anal about it :o. I'm also a waffler and sometimes my posts end up a lot longer than I anticipated. Even if I review it before posting I can miss things or want to rephrase something. When I go back in and edit after a few minutes, that blue edit thing appears.

I know it's a trivial thing but it bugs me having the edit notice there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Guys who openly attempt to flirt with my girlfriend on facebook through mail (which she shows me)
    It isn't happening lads, get over it.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    ...A bit like when people ask for directions for, say, the nearest bank. which you provide...

"down that way, take a left and its on the right hand side, you cant miss it"
    "Ok, thanks"

And they piss off in the opposite direction:confused:

That amuses me. You can sometimes tell by their reaction that you are not giving them the answer they want to hear, and so, even though the directions are 100% correct, they are not going to give you a bit of notice.

demakinz wrote: »
    People who touch my laptop screen with their greasy fingers. When i'm in college some of my classmates like to point out things or explain something by mauling my screen, it really pisses me off. I often shout when i see them about to touch it 'Don't effin touch it' they think i am a bit mad when it comes to this. I had one guy point at my screen with a pen and he marked it. I nearly killed him that day. I have no idea why touching it makes me so angry but it does.

I hate this too. It's not even my own laptop, it's my work one, but I do keep it clean. I hate people pawing the screen.

posters who do not say if they are male or female...been wrong a time or three

Graces7 wrote: »
    posters who do not say if they are male or female...been wrong a time or three

Like pat kenny? get ready for the cringe from calling Japanese japs to well you see, the jap quotes not on the clip :(

Jaysus, the smell of paint is making me queasy. This is the second day that the guy painting the neighbours house has been there. How the feck can you spend 2 full days painting the exterior of a house and still only be on the back it's just a terraced house:confused:

I'm going to take myself off to Limerick for a couple of hours tomorrow, I'm guessing he'll be out the front then and it'll be even worse. I need to get an anniversary card for Mr P too. Moet and fish and chips on Wednesday for our 10th anniversary, just like the wedding day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

3Hours after the dentist, trying to eat a sandwich. I don't know if I'm biting the sandwich or my cheek and I'm dribbling too :( bloody dentist :)

• Advertisement

Some of the women on my facebook...they're in a constant battle between claiming to have lost weight for likes and then the next week (when they realise they have fúck all willpower) putting up "real men love curves" or "any idiot can drive straight, it takes an expert to handle curves" motivational pictures.
    Alright, fair enough if you're actually curvy, but then you wouldn't even put these up. But ye're not curvy, ye're just not, ye're overweight and ye know it (hence constantly trying to lose weight) so stop fúcking accepting it and putting blame on the men for not fancying you for being morbidly obese and fúcking do what you claim to do every other week.

rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

GenieOz wrote: »
    Guys who openly attempt to flirt with my girlfriend on facebook through mail (which she shows me)
    It isn't happening lads, get over it.
    Some of the women on my facebook...they're in a constant battle between claiming to have lost weight for likes and then the next week (when they realise they have fúck all willpower) putting up "real men love curves" or "any idiot can drive straight, it takes an expert to handle curves" motivational pictures.
    Alright, fair enough if you're actually curvy, but then you wouldn't even put these up. But ye're not curvy, ye're just not, ye're overweight and ye know it (hence constantly trying to lose weight) so stop fúcking accepting it and putting blame on the men for not fancying you for being morbidly obese and fúcking do what you claim to do every other week.

rant over.

Must be such a fierce pain in the hole all those men after your girlfriend and all those women who seek your approval.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Must be such a fierce pain in the hole all those men after your girlfriend and all those women who seek your approval.

I never said they seeked my approval :confused:

and it's a trivial annoyance, hence the thread I posted it in.
    but good luck on your constant battle for women you don't know :D

Jaysus, the smell of paint is making me queasy. This is the second day that the guy painting the neighbours house has been there. How the feck can you spend 2 full days painting the exterior of a house and still only be on the back it's just a terraced house:confused:

I'm going to take myself off to Limerick for a couple of hours tomorrow, I'm guessing he'll be out the front then and it'll be even worse. I need to get an anniversary card for Mr P too. Moet and fish and chips on Wednesday for our 10th anniversary, just like the wedding day:)

Congrats on the anniversary and have a lovely day on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Everything is going far too well for me. At least when things were **** it could only get better but now I can only go down!

Poor Czechlin, you're having a bitch of a day by the sound of it.

Yep :(
    It's one of those days when I'm not sure if I should be angry or upset.
    Shower, dinner and a bit of studying is planned. I'll deal with the issues tomorrow when I'll be my level-headed self again.

Yep :(
    It's one of those days when I'm not sure if I should be angry or upset.
    Shower, dinner and a bit of studying is planned. I'll deal with the issues tomorrow when I'll be my level-headed self again.
    It's always best to deal with things when you feel less emotional. Amazing how much difference a good nights sleep can make and sometimes gives you a new perspective on things.

Jeez, it's almost Eurovision time. That snuck up this year, it's on May 10th. Although it is fun to listen to Graham Norton bitch it up while you have a few drinks and stuff yourself on junk food. Be interesting to see who votes for who with the whole Russia/Ukraine situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'll meet you in Easons Pumpkin! :D

Yeah, you just reminded me I completely forgot about our 10 year wedding anniversary here myself and all! :eek:

I'm off the hook though as it took Mrs. C a minute and all when I asked her did she forget something about the 23rd of April :o

• Advertisement

Everything is going far too well for me. At least when things were **** it could only get better but now I can only go down!

gee.. look on the bright side why doncha! enjoy the now!

well, i dont do facebook and i dont have tv so life is simpler...

market tomorrow....loading the tables etc one handed is a ......managed to assemble two crates of jam but next week must manage one handed jam making

please God sales are good. baby season is in full spate in india.

will send off the forms for the KIngdom County Fair too. new one for me. Tralee

Yeah, you just reminded me I completely forgot about our 10 year wedding anniversary here myself and all! :eek:

I'm off the hook though as it took Mrs. C a minute and all when I asked her did she forget something about the 23rd of April :o

isnt that shakespeares birthday..

deise08 wrote: »
    3Hours after the dentist, trying to eat a sandwich. I don't know if I'm biting the sandwich or my cheek and I'm dribbling too :( bloody dentist :)

plastic teeth are great ;)

Graces7 wrote: »
    isnt that shakespeares birthday..

It is indeed, well done you! :)

23rd April 1616

Sheepish Edit: The above date is when Shakespeare died, his birthday is unknown.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I hate this too. It's not even my own laptop, it's my work one, but I do keep it clean. I hate people pawing the screen.

drives me insane when an engineer comes and starts changing your screen...sheer control freak stuff...

• Advertisement

It is indeed, well done you! :)

23rd April 1616

i have hidden depths! and many strings to my bow..

ok; should have been asleep hours ago but the wrist injury has sparked off arthritis in every joint so took extra tylex. toothache in my feet... fascinating how these things develop.

tomorrow is another day...thank the good Lord.

sleep well everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

There is no end in sight to the love-in between the Indo and Rosanna Davison.
    Day after star and story after story....the wedding, the hen-night, the day after the hen night, the wedding dress, the boyfriend, the wedding cake, the style awards, the cats done a whoopsie on the floor....stone me. Two stories today. Well headlines for me as I'm not about to click into them unless I want to comment about how far each one has their head up the other one's hole, which of course is never published.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When I come across a shopping basket with one or both of the handles resting across the middle of it, meaning I can't simply drop my own basket in.

Especially bad when I see somebody else do it, notice it, think fleetingly about flipping the handle to the side, and then just not do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

rant over.

I love hating these women! It's like all they can talk about it slimming world and bread and syns. Entire lives converted into points and calories. Laden down with spray lite*, muller lite*, turkey sausages, laughing cow cheese (its free I tell ya), jelly sachets and other such rubbish non food. Just eat a normal amount of normal food ffs...

And as a male friend quite astutely pointed out to me one day....ever notice how by and er...large, these women never really get any smaller? If they lost weight for talking about deprivation they'd be stickies of course. "Oh I couldn't possibly breathe in and out. I'm off air you see...."

* more fattening if they're spelt right??

gramar wrote: »
    Day after star and story after story....the wedding, the hen-night, the day after the hen night, the wedding dress, the boyfriend, the wedding cake, the style awards, the cats done a whoopsie on the floor....stone me. Two stories today. Well headlines for me as I'm not about to click into them unless I want to comment about how far each one has their head up the other one's hole, which of course is never published.

The funniest was when she went back to college to do some half baked nutrition class and they referred to her as "book worm Rosanna" lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Well headlines for me as I'm not about to click into them unless I want to comment about how far each one has their head up the other one's hole, which of course is never published.

Don't get me started with the Indo and their stupid censorship regime. . . . .

Some of the comments that are published are unbelievable, while other tame comments aren't published because they put across a view that is not in unison with theirs. Makes my blood boil!!!! :mad:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I love hating these women! It's like all they can talk about it slimming world and bread and syns. Entire lives converted into points and calories. Laden down with spray lite*, muller lite*, turkey sausages, laughing cow cheese (its free I tell ya), jelly sachets and other such rubbish non food. Just eat a normal amount of normal food ffs...

* more fattening if they're spelt rite

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Jaysus, 10 year yrs, you guys are still in the honeymoon period:D

Its a fcukin rag anyway.....I wonder if all the guests got free passes for Dr Quirkeys Good Time Emporium, or would they know where DNS is?

Jaysus, 10 year yrs, you guys are still in the honeymoon period:D
    18 years next month:)

18 years next month:)

New....ish;)

New....ish;)
    It was touch and go last weekend whether or not we'd see another anniversary after I was subjected to a marathon of old Dr Who episodes, I think that's probably grounds for a divorce:D

It was touch and go last weekend whether or not we'd see another anniversary after I was subjected to a marathon of old Dr Who episodes, I think that's probably grounds for a divorce:D

He might have been able to get away with Manslaughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Studying for college finals in this weather should be criminal!! No even bank holiday weekend for me as i've my last exam on the Tuesday :(

Wish this sun would fuck off for a few weeks until i finish! Can't get a poxy thing done looking out the window with this weather!

Studying for college finals in this weather should be criminal!! No even bank holiday weekend for me as i've my last exam on the Tuesday :(

Wish this sun would fuck off for a few weeks until i finish! Can't get a poxy thing done looking out the window with this weather!

Me too, not to mention that the little sh1ts are turfed out until 10pm when the weather is nice, so those of us who choose not to have kids still have to put up with them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement