Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Studying for college finals in this weather should be criminal!! No even bank holiday weekend for me as i've my last exam on the Tuesday :(

Wish this sun would fuck off for a few weeks until i finish! Can't get a poxy thing done looking out the window with this weather!
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Me too, not to mention that the little sh1ts are turfed out until 10pm when the weather is nice, so those of us who choose not to have kids still have to put up with them.

I realised that this is often the case. When people have exams the weather tends to be quite lovely. So thank you both!:p (reaches for the door)

My flatmate has exams going as well. The poor fella was struggling a bit over the weekend and isn't a happy camper with sun shining either. He was a nervous wreck the last term and drove me bonkers. I'm trying to avoid that so he gets a hug daily and I make him tea/coffee when I'm around. I also found that feeding him helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

czechlin wrote: »
    I realised that this is often the case. When people have exams the weather tends to be quite lovely. So thank you both!:p (reaches for the door)

My flatmate has exams going as well. The poor fella was struggling a bit over the weekend and isn't a happy camper with sun shining either. He was a nervous wreck the last term and drove me bonkers. I'm trying to avoid that so he gets a hug daily and I make him tea/coffee when I'm around. I also found that feeding him helps :D

I wish i had a housemate like you, all i get on one side is noisy sex and loud phone calls until 2am as she is up all night when she is not working (works nights so her body clock is obviously backwards FUUUUU!!!!:mad:) and my other housemates girlfriend with her extremely loud voice laughing hysterically until at least 12pm when she is over!

Feel like kicking off but i guess that's part and parcel of living in share accommo! Sooner i get back to full time work and can move out the better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I feel his pain. I've gone on the pill for exams (mighty risk of those invigilators imprenating you from behind when you're bent over scribbling furiously :D) and have gone slightly insane. I only ever do the pill for exams though, so I dont know if its the exams or the hormones that make me crazy. Either way the odds are not in my favour. On the plus side the ethinylestradiol/drospirenone combination improves the hair, complexion and general femaleness so it makes you pretty - crazeeeeeeeee but purdy ;) mwah ha haaaa

I wish i had a housemate like you, all i get on one side is noisy sex and loud phone calls until 2am as she is up all night when she is not working (works nights so her body clock is obviously backwards FUUUUU!!!!:mad:) and my other housemates girlfriend with her extremely loud voice laughing hysterically until at least 12pm when she is over!

Feel like kicking off but i guess that's part and parcel of living in share accommo! Sooner i get back to full time work and can move out the better!

Hang in there Cowb0y, it's nearly over, you can do it!;) And then get out of that hellhole you're living in!:eek:

To be fair, we've been friends for years and moved in last year, so I knew what I was getting into. He had a manflu few weeks ago. Good lord my poor nerves!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm gonna be so happy when next doors painter finishes and fcuks off. Mr P is on nights and trying to sleep. The painter has a radio on really loud and half the freaking time he's not even out there:confused: I think it's taking so long because he's pi*sing about. Musn't have a lot of work booked. I don't get it, there's only the front wall of the house left and he's been there since 9ish, surely he should be done by now. We'd a guy in to do ours before and it took him a day and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

That there isn't a "Trivial things that please me" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

People whinging about things they can fix :p (isn't there one in the sunshine and happiness forum anyway?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057199090

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

There is. :) there's a trivial things that make me happy threading can't link it but someone might.
    though you'd be turning to the dark side then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There is, but there is sweet FA of interest on it, a shower of happy, upbeat types. The sort who have nice clean buses serving their route, where you get a glass of champers and a free newspaper, after being guided to a seat of your choice, and all the passengers smell of Chanel.:D instead of canal:eek:

I don't like the new Sky menu layout one little bit. For a minute there when I turned the tv on I thought I'd pushed the wrong button, sadly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    There is, but there is sweet FA of interest on it, a shower of happy, upbeat types. The sort who have nice clean buses serving their route, where you get a glass of champers and a free newspaper, after being guided to a seat of your choice, and all the passengers smell of Chanel.:D instead of canal:eek:

I didn't know that there were any other types of buses. I've been taking the champers etc for granted. Now that is annoying me. :p

I wish

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I didn't know that there were any other types of buses. I've been taking the champers etc for granted. Now that is annoying me. :p

I wish
    I wish I could afford 1st class all the time. We travelled 1st class return from York to London once. It was wonderful. The heat had caused problems on the tube on the return journey and I was hobbling on a crutch. We both felt frazzled beyond belief. But half an hour in 1st class solved that, didn't want to get off the train a couple of hours later when we got back to York. Air conditioning, reclining seats, proper cups and complimentary snacks. I wish I was rich:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

when your with somebody and they just look on their phone rather than talk to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

It's so hard to find a good orange. Newsagents and supermarkets are the worst. Over half the ones you get home are flavourless, stringy and past their prime.

• Advertisement

I should really throw that two day old, 3/4 cup of coffee in the bin, before someone.................BOLLOCKS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When you buy something new and you want to get home and try it out -

"No Czarcasm. There's shopping to be done first!" :mad:

(I sat on my phone charger last night and snapped the wire... not a fat bastard, I swear :pac:)

Sarcastic fcukers, met a mate in town -

Me: "What has you all dolled up, you're looking fine!"

Her: "I'm looking for a man obviously, I'm still looking..." *plunges knife deeper, and twist* :pac:

And finally, lads in Tesco that think they're on Dale Winton's "Supermarket Sweep", I'm almost tempted to jam the crutch up his hole with his "Coming through! Coming through!" and I'm about five yards away from the fcuker! :mad:

Driving home from a long day in work and not being able to Park in MY parking space/drive because some other fcuking car is parked in it and I don't know whose it is.!.
    I'm more than fcuking trivially annoyed!

Czarcasm wrote: »

Sarcastic fcukers, met a mate in town -

Me: "What has you all dolled up, you're looking fine!"

Her: "I'm looking for a man obviously, I'm still looking..." *plunges knife deeper, and twist* :pac:

I'd say you would hate me :o

I've been told i have an extremely dry/sarcastic sense of humour! I don't really think so, i just like to point out the obvious to people in a roundabout way and to poke fun at them without necessarily insulting them.
    when your with somebody and they just look on their phone rather than talk to you

First world problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

So I bought a packet of bobbins Friday after misplacing the pack I bought the previous month, only to find them today!!! For fudge sake!!! I literally pulled the place apart looking for them god damn bobbins and was down to my last scraggly one, when I gave in and bought another pack. And then I accidentally stumble across the pack I lost today!!! TO-FECKING-DAY!!! I bought the new pack on Friday. :mad:

Ugh. :mad: Happens to me all the fecking time! I'm also an expert at 'hiding' things, the hiding spots are so good....I can't even find the stuff myself when I go looking for it......:mad:

• Advertisement

I'd say you would hate me :o

I've been told i have an extremely dry/sarcastic sense of humour! I don't really think so, i just like to point out the obvious to people in a roundabout way and to poke fun at them without necessarily insulting them.

You sound like Father Jessup, the sarcastic priest from Fr. Ted. (Love that episode btw).

Fr. Ted: Hello Fr. Jessup. Helping bishop Brennan then?
    Fr. Jessup: No, I'm up in space doing important work for NASA.

Haha, I still think it's hilarious after seeing all the episodes 100+ times. :P

maguic24 wrote: »
    So I bought a packet of bobbins Friday after misplacing the pack I bought the previous month, only to find them today!!! For fudge sake!!! I literally pulled the place apart looking for them god damn bobbins and was down to my last scraggly one, when I gave in and bought another pack. And then I accidentally stumble across the pack I lost today!!! TO-FECKING-DAY!!! I bought the new pack on Friday. :mad:

Ugh. :mad: Happens to me all the fecking time! I'm also an expert at 'hiding' things, the hiding spots are so good....I can't even find the stuff myself when I go looking for it......:mad:

You have a pùca too?
    Just ask them nicely where they've hidden whatever you're looking for. They Will reappear it for you :-)
    works for me every time.
    they're just playing with you :)

Not sure how many of you are too familiar with facebook chat but i'll assume most of you are.

Have to say i find the introduction of that BIG THUMBS UP feature to be extremely annoying! Basically when someone wants to end a conversation abruptly they just fob you off with a big fucking picture of a thumbs up! The absolute audacity! My rage levels literally go from calm as fuck to instant incredible hulk at the sight of it!

Just say "ok" or "yeah cool" or whatever DON'T ****ING "THUMBS UP" ME YOU ABSOULTE DICKHEAD!!!!

AAARRGGHH!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not sure how many of you are too familiar with facebook chat but i'll assume most of you are.

Have to say i find the introduction of that BIG THUMBS UP feature to be extremely annoying! Basically when someone wants to end a conversation abruptly they just fob you off with a big fucking picture of a thumbs up! The absolute audacity! My rage levels literally go from calm as fuck to instant incredible hulk at the sight of it!

Just say "ok" or "yeah cool" or whatever DON'T ****ING "THUMBS UP" ME YOU ABSOULTE DICKHEAD!!!!

AAARRGGHH!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's been 2 years now since I deleted my fb account. I do miss it for keeping in touch but all in all, glad it's gone, I used to be a complete fb addict especially in college when we had assignment deadlines looming.

Now, I'm addicted to Boards instead, yay! \o/ :pac:

You sound like Father Jessup, the sarcastic priest from Fr. Ted. (Love that episode btw).

Haha, I still think it's hilarious after seeing all the episodes 100+ times. :P
    Yes, I love that episode, especially when Ted explains to Mrs Doyle that whatever Fr. Jessup says, he means the opposite,..which works out fine...until Fr.Jessup needs Mrs Doyle's help :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Whooaa!Tread lightly my friend,the female of the species is a complex creature and they may not look favourably on your telling them to close their mouths.You may end up losing them,if they are good friends of yours is it worth jeopardising all that?

Whooaa!Tread lightly my friend,the female of the species is a complex creature and they may not look favourably on your telling them to close their mouths.You may end up losing them,if they are good friends of yours is it worth jeopardising all that?

Sorry, whaaat???? :confused:

You in the right place??

Idiots who pass you out on a dangerous stretch of road then they pull in to a service station half a mile up the road.

People in the car in front you who brake incessantly really really annoys me,evrry few seconds,brake!brake.

Brake lights every few seconds,grrrr!

Replace bobbins with a mascara and you got me. Every bloody time! Except it takes weeks until I find the original one. Also it's more pricey than a pack of bobbins.

It's really annoying when you annoy yourself because you can't really complain about it! :pac:

• Advertisement

:eek:
    I think I might be related to father Jessup... :pac:

deise08 wrote: »
    You in the right place??

Sorry,it was a reply to a gentleman who was thinking of telling his female colleagues to close their mouths when eating,im new to Boards.ie.

Sorry,it was a reply to a gentleman who was thinking of telling his female colleagues to close their mouths when eating,im new to Boards.ie.

Well hey there pilgrim :):):)

A reply to a first post of this thread, well fair play to you if you tried to catch up on the whole lot... Welcome on board (yeah I know it's lame but I couldn't help it) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Forgetting my password in the middle of typing it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Idiots who pass you out on a dangerous stretch of road then they pull in to a service station half a mile up the road.

People in the car in front you who brake incessantly really really annoys me,evrry few seconds,brake!brake.

Reminds me of the dope who overtook me this morning on a bend just as we were coming to almost a kilometre of straight road. 10 kms later still doing the same speed as when I was overtaken he was only about 300 yards ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

BMW/Audi drivers up your ****.(maguic24 excepted)

Audi drivers up your ****.

Hey! Some of us are nice. :P

Dodgy landlords. Spent most of last evening looking through emails and letters to/from the OH's friend and his LL, who is attempting to bully them into a rent increase mid lease. You want to see some of the stuff in the emails.

"eh...there's a .....problem with our bank this week, my hubby will drop over on saturday morning to collect the rent in cash a week early ok?"

"oh there's still a problem with the bank, we'll drop over later for the cash"

And now the latest, "um...things are bit tight since the downturn, we are gonna have to increase your rent by 150 a month, but keep paying your 900 each month and we'll call over and collect the 150 each month ourselves"

:confused: - and this is midway through a lease. I could feel my hands itching reading the stuff. Some of the properties are reg'd, some are not and there are also o/s issues with the accomm. that have yet to be fixed. Reading the emails the tenants sent in their not so perfect English just makes me even more annoyed because I feel they are being totally taken advantage of :(

Also, when you put a spoon of coffee in a mug and then dont have time to actually add water and make coffee...but when you go back later, its a little bit wet anyway :(

• Advertisement

It's been 2 years now since I deleted my fb account. I do miss it for keeping in touch but all in all, glad it's gone, I used to be a complete fb addict especially in college when we had assignment deadlines looming.

Now, I'm addicted to Boards instead, yay! \o/ :pac:

Well at least on Boards we're not all thanks-whoring keyboard warriors who live vicariously through our posts like the knobs on fb...

oh wait.... :pac::pac::D

And now the latest, "um...things are bit tight since the downturn, we are gonna have to increase your rent by 150 a month, but keep paying your 900 each month and we'll call over and collect the 150 each month ourselves"

You'd want a neck like a jockey's bollix to pull that kind of stunt. Complete cuntology of the highest order.

gramar wrote: »
    You'd want a neck like a jockey's bollix to pull that kind of stunt. Complete cuntology of the highest order.

Indeed. They've a clatter of dog boxes, renting them all to non EU nationals, no doubt so they can pull the wool over their eyes. I'm gonna put the sh1ts up them.

Indeed. They've a clatter of dog boxes, renting them all to non EU nationals, no doubt so they can pull the wool over their eyes. I'm gonna put the sh1ts up them.

Do, tell them you have it all in writing and you're going to report them for extortion. How much is enough for some people?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

The stairs in our building are blocked off because of an extension being built, so now a couple of times a day, I've to do the awkward waiting for the lift/making awkward small talk in the lift with people I don't know and don't really care to know. I'm not sure if the awkward small talk or the awkward silence is worse.

Dodgy landlords. Spent most of last evening looking through emails and letters to/from the OH's friend and his LL, who is attempting to bully them into a rent increase mid lease. You want to see some of the stuff in the emails.

"eh...there's a .....problem with our bank this week, my hubby will drop over on saturday morning to collect the rent in cash a week early ok?"

:confused: - and this is midway through a lease. I could feel my hands itching reading the stuff. Some of the properties are reg'd, some are not and there are also o/s issues with the accomm. that have yet to be fixed. Reading the emails the tenants sent in their not so perfect English just makes me even more annoyed because I feel they are being totally taken advantage of :(

Also, when you put a spoon of coffee in a mug and then dont have time to actually add water and make coffee...but when you go back later, its a little bit wet anyway
    :(

The tenants situation is truly terrible and the landlord deserves to be strung up.

But the coffee thing is genuinely the end of the world. HATE that.:)

• Advertisement

Also, when you put a spoon of coffee in a mug and then dont have time to actually add water and make coffee...but when you go back later, its a little bit wet anyway :(
    Landlord is taking the pi*s. All properties have to be registered with the PRTB, by law. There is good info on their site and it's totally out of order. Has the landlord redrawn the lease or put anything in writing about adding additional 150 euro cash in hand to the rent? I seriously doubt it.

Have a look at the PRTB website and call them if you need more info. I wouldn't give the landlord another cent and I'd be concerned about the fact that he doesn't want the bank to know he's getting the cash. The last thing your friends need is the property being repossessed by the bank and them losing their deposit. Might even be best to look for a new place to rent. Assuming they can even get their deposit back from the landlord if she's that strapped for cash.

Worse than that....you know when you are in conversation with someone, their phone rings, and they do that palm up to your face thing, as if to say STFU, I now have someone important to talk to.......bastards!
    :eek:
    I think I might be related to father Jessup... :pac:

You, sarcastic? never...:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Worse than that....you know when you are in conversation with someone, their phone rings, and they do that palm up to your face thing, as if to say STFU, I now have someone important to talk to.......bastards!

No, never happens to me. ;)
    A friend of mine has to answer calls, it doesn't matter if it's a night out, just the two of us out for a meal, or whatever. It's usually her husband, or a family member, I think they could probably wait :(.

Hahaha, you wear a coat and sunglasses? Hahahaha...
    Me, takes off the sunglasses and throws him THE look accompanied by a very hostile g'mornin'.

1)It's a light spring coat not a heavy duty winter coat.
    2)They're not called sunglasses for no reason. SUNglasses, ya get it? It doesn't matter what is the temperature like it's when that big yellow ball high up in the sky called SUN shines, that's what they're for.

Also "Are you sure you need that jacket, it's sunny outside!". Yes, I am sure as unlike you I walk on daily basis, it's 10ºC which is still quite cold (for me anyway). You walk from the door to the car and you walk around with bare legs in November, so your opinion about ME feeling cold or warm is completely irrelevant.

I got sun burnt, would you believe that czechlin!?
    You went on a sunny break and came back looking like a boiled lobster, no I am completely baffled.

Weather talk. Just don't even bother :pac:

Companies that have Fur Elise on speed as their hold music.

Slowly...goes...insane...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement