Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Companies that have Fur Elise on speed as their hold music.

Slowly...goes...insane...

I used to play that for hours on end, first thing I taught myself.

My family hated it so much :D ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Not very good on the music frontier, so can't say I know that song.

But, while on the subject of on-hold music, most of it drives me made but there's this one company that has the deadliest on hold music ever. I have been tempted to ring them a couple of times, just to listen to the on hold music. I had to remind myself on these occasions to get a grip and not be weird. :P :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

maguic24 wrote: »
    Not very good on the music frontier, so can't say I know that song.

But, while on the subject of on-hold music, most of it drives me made but there's this one company that has the deadliest on hold music ever. I have been tempted to ring them a couple of times, just to listen to the on hold music. I had to remind myself on these occasions to get a grip and not be weird. :P :pac:

Fur elise??

Fur elise??

Arra, hold yer whisht, I just youtubed it. Yeah it's familar. :P

And no I don't like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

One company I used to call had a compilation that sounded like a wedding march as their hold music. I hated calling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A haulage company I used to deal with had awful Glockenspiel music as their hold music. It sounded like one of those wind up toys to send babies to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

czechlin wrote: »
    One company I used to call had a compilation that sounded like a wedding march as their hold music. I hated calling them.

Was the company in question "Weddings R Us" ?

And no I don't like it!

I remember it being bet into me for junior cert music :( bleeding fingers and all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Painkillers. I'm trying to avoid Tramadol as it gives me a headache and makes me queasy, so I had some soluable solpadene instead, now I just feel sleepy and still sore, frigging abcesses. *wants to shake fist at abcess but arm too sore:mad::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

And no I don't like it!

what does arra mean please....often read it but never heard it used.

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    what does arra mean please....often read it but never heard it used.

Never mind that, I'm not comfortable holding my whisht in public, prefer to to that in private.

Anyone who expresses surprise when it rains in Ireland. I dont want your running fuucking commentary. Die.

Painkillers. I'm trying to avoid Tramadol as it gives me a headache and makes me queasy, so I had some soluable solpadene instead, now I just feel sleepy and still sore, frigging abcesses. *wants to shake fist at abcess but arm too sore:mad::(

codeine does that....on tylex here, same formula as solpadeine...warding off migraine and dratted wrist pain.

simple aspirin might help more. or brufen.aspirin fights temperatures and infection.

suppose you have tried salt water,,,i mean on the abcesses...

Annoying relative has gestated and birthed another P1. Cue a nauseating two years of social networking feeds about mucus plugs, colostrum, baby yoga, baby sign language, la leche claptrap, photos of "the most amazing and beautiful and wonderful and did we mention amazing child ever" and updates about bowel movements and teeth and first smiles, first day in the animal prison zoo, first farts etc. Her first child will probably be sent to work in a factory in Bangledesh now - leave us oh large one, you are no longer a viable tool of annoyance. We have a new prune with an angry red face and greenish poop that we wish to replace you with.

Save us from the birthing boredom!

Annoying relative has gestated and birthed another P1. Cue a nauseating two years of social networking feeds about mucus plugs, colostrum, baby yoga, baby sign language, la leche claptrap, photos of "the most amazing and beautiful and wonderful and did we mention amazing child ever" and updates about bowel movements and teeth and first smiles, first day in the animal prison zoo, first farts etc. Her first child will probably be sent to work in a factory in Bangledesh now - leave us oh large one, you are no longer a viable tool of annoyance. We have a new prune with an angry red face and greenish poop that we wish to replace you with.

get well soon....

Any chance you could babysit for my lot on Saturday night:D

get well soon....

What a good idea, I shall send them a card exactly to this effect :)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Any chance you could babysit for my lot on Saturday night:D

nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

I actually dont mind kids that much, I just hate the parents annoying, incessant networking feeds about their every move.

Was the company in question "Weddings R Us" ?

It was a courier company.

Maybe they had brides trafficking as a second business :eek:

• Advertisement

I actually dont mind kids that much, I just hate the parents annoying, incessant networking feeds about their every move.

:DMine are all well beyond requiring a babysitter, I let the eldest (she is almost 9) mind the other two, unless it is a for longer than a weekend........

Seriously though, it seems these days (did I really say that) there is the "list" that is issued to the minder of said offspring.

Summer - only gets half a yogurt
    Arapahoe - Banana (must be mashed)
    Matt Talbot Bridge - No alcohol

And all to be in bed by 6.30

Never mind that, I'm not comfortable holding my whisht in public, prefer to to that in private.

is that a translation or a comment..

:rolleyes:

so dont network :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

czechlin wrote: »
    It was a courier company.

Maybe they had brides trafficking as a second business :eek:

Women in wedding dresses directing traffic, I'd pay to see that! :D

Beats the lollipop lady or the Garda drafted in from the countryside on match day that doesn't know his arse from his elbow! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

:DMine are all well beyond requiring a babysitter, I let the eldest (she is almost 9) mind the other two, unless it is a for longer than a weekend........

Can't tell if serious?

• Advertisement

Seriously though, it seems these days (did I really say that) there is the "list" that is issued to the minder of said offspring.

Summer - only gets half a yogurt
    Arapahoe - Banana (must be mashed)
    Matt Talbot Bridge - No alcohol
    e
    And all to be in bed by 6.30

you leave a 9 year old minding little ones ..is that not illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg's nine-year-old is 37 in Earth years.

jimgoose wrote: »
    eisenberg's nine-year-old is 37 in Earth years.

if you mean dogs that is as bad:confused:

if you mean dogs that is as bad:confused:

No no, they're aliens Ted. Think "Coneheads"! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

codeine does that....on tylex here, same formula as solpadeine...warding off migraine and dratted wrist pain.

simple aspirin might help more. or brufen.aspirin fights temperatures and infection.

suppose you have tried salt water,,,i mean on the abcesses...
    Think I've tried just about everything over the past 20 odd years:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

People who react loudly to things they're watching/reading online in the hope you'll ask what's so interesting/funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

So I bought a packet of bobbins Friday after misplacing the pack I bought the previous month, only to find them today!!! For fudge sake!!! I literally pulled the place apart looking for them god damn bobbins and was down to my last scraggly one, when I gave in and bought another pack. And then I accidentally stumble across the pack I lost today!!! TO-FECKING-DAY!!! I bought the new pack on Friday. :mad:

Ugh. :mad: Happens to me all the fecking time! I'm also an expert at 'hiding' things, the hiding spots are so good....I can't even find the stuff myself when I go looking for it......:mad:

Sounds familiar. The quickest way to find something is to buy a replacement. I'd misplaced a couple of philips screwdrivers. Hunted around all over the house. Finally gave up after a few months, and bought replacements. I'd found them within 24 hours. Obviously after I'd removed all packaging from the new ones.

This is a complainers thread. We can complain about whatever the hell we want to complain about.

I'm not going to stop social networking just because someone had a poop machine. I'm also not going to stop listening to **** radio even though I complain about how **** radio stations are. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Somebody vandalised the Bob Hoskins (RIP) page on Wikipedia. They changed his name to Bob "Foreskins".

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Somebody vandalised the Bob Hoskins (RIP) page on Wikipedia. They changed his name to Bob "Foreskins".

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Think I've tried just about everything over the past 20 odd years:)

i know the feeling believe me...you mean pain relief or skin...they say aloe vera is good... i cannot afford fancy stuff and am allergic to perfumes etc so use simple soap. tescos finest..

tramadol is more highly addictive than codeine .be careful..

This is a complainers thread. We can complain about whatever the hell we want to complain about.

I'm not going to stop social networking just because someone had a poop machine. I'm also not going to stop listening to **** radio even though I complain about how **** radio stations are. :)

:confused: what provoked that!

poor old wan is suffering is all...you must be masochists! no sympathy for siws....

i,m not ted:confused:

:D

mauzo! wrote: »
    Can't tell if serious?

Yes, of course I leave a 9 yr old in charge of the smaller kids for the weekend, and they have to careful with the chip pan. Any problems and they can run to Mr & Mrs West next door

• Advertisement

i,m not ted:confused:

'Course you are. Everyone is Ted, Ted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Children... i really have no time for them! I try to make an effort with my friends kids but all i see is noise and mess and money and it's always a relief to leave the carnage behind when they/I leave.

I'm far too selfish and want to do far too many things with my life to want to have to suddenly put my life on pause to bring up a gang of sprogs! Maybe somewhere a lot further down the line when my body is tired of enjoying itself but It's not on the cards for me in the next 5 - 10 years if it can be avoided. it's a pity not more women feel the same way but i guess that's more of a biological thing in their case.

All my friends with kids obviously love their offspring but i know even though they don't admit it part of them wishes they could pack up and head off with me on my travels whenever i leave.

:rolleyes:

Grace, I took it from the the above posts that you were picking on OldNotWise. Down with that sort of thing! :p

I was simply pointing out that this is a thread about 'trivial things that annoy us all'. We like to come on here and b*tch about stuff that p*sses us off. :) Sure, we could stop doing 'X' which causes us annoyance but then this thread would be empty and where's the fun in that? :(

P:S: SIW's, WTF? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Grace, I took it from the the above posts that you were picking on OldNotWise. Down with that sort of thing! :p

I was simply pointing out that this is a thread about 'trivial things that annoy us all'. We like to come on here and b*tch about stuff that p*sses us off. :) Sure, we could stop doing 'X' which causes us annoyance but then this thread would be empty and where's the fun in that? :(

Complain about ALL the things!!!

http://i.imgur.com/GUr6Sih.jpg

Trivial annoyance: can't embed pictures in AH forum!!! boooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Yes, of course I leave a 9 yr old in charge of the smaller kids for the weekend, and they have to careful with the chip pan. Any problems and they can run to Mr & Mrs West next door

Aye, something similar to myself -

When my wife goes away for the weekend she tells me feck off and mind my own business while she leaves a list of do's and don't's and emergency numbers with the young lad and puts him in charge.

We tear it up like "Weekend at Bernie's", but as long as nothing's out of place when she gets back, my wife is happy! :D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Aye, something similar to myself -

When my wife goes away for the weekend she tells me feck off and mind my own business while she leaves a list of do's and don't's and emergency numbers with the young lad and puts him in charge.

We tear it up like "Weekend at Bernie's", but as long as nothing's out of place when she gets back, my wife is happy! :D

Yeah. Bit like when we go shopping, and Mrs. Goose gives me an Etch-a-Sketch and puts me sitting in one of those little Magic Bus ride-on things by the supermarket door. Yay!!!

Aglomerado wrote: »

Ah, poor aul Bob, I liked him.

i do not pick on anyone ever..

just cannot imagine any sane person going on doing what they despise and enjoying doing this....

life really is too short..and a bizarre idea of fun

old saying, if you cannot say something nice , dont say anything

one thing to find circumstanes annoyng when they cannot be avoided..

but enjoying being miserable...

siw = self inflicted wound

not wise or legal either..

ah well

i/m off..expect child protection round hopefully soon.

• Advertisement

not wise or legal either..

ah well

i/m off..expect child protection round hopefully soon.

Please don't report me to child protection, if they come and search my house, they might find all the cannabis growing in my attic.

If you are really concerned, I appreciate it. For the record, the initial part of my original post is correct, my "kids" are well beyond requiring a babysitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement