Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Programming jobs for non programmers.
    Them: "Can you make us something that counts to ten when you press a botton?"
    Me: "yeah sure. Ill have it done by next week. Click a button and it counts to ten right?"
    Them: "thats it"
    *1 Week Later*
    Them: "Wow, that looks great, also we didnt mention it last time but it has to summon unicorns that **** rainbows as well"
    Me:"ummmm"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Programming jobs for non programmers.
    Them: "Can you make us something that counts to ten when you press a botton?"
    Me: "yeah sure. Ill have it done by next week. Click a button and it counts to ten right?"
    Them: "thats it"
    *1 Week Later*
    Them: "Wow, that looks great, also we didnt mention it last time but it has to summon unicorns that **** rainbows as well"
    Me:"ummmm"

And they think, sure that's only a five minute fix.

I'm currently in a house with two bathrooms and a loo, with a sibling or cousin in each playing Quizup with each other on their respective thrones, while I sit here with my bladder on the verge of exploding. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

When you go to have a nice glass of ice cold milk and some dope has left it out of the fridge and it's warm :( I can feel my blood boiling thinking about it :mad:

are you sure you're not really Pat Mustard ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Quoting long posts.:mad:

Using the smartphone on the boards.ie and having to scroll down through repeats of long posts... Head-wreck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

People who complain waaaaay too much. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I don't think that classes as triviaaaaaal:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Tell them to join us on this thread ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

People that take off 'the bank holiday friday' and have a long weekend....

wish I thought of that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not getting paid when you supposed to.

Sadderday wrote: »
    People that take off 'the bank holiday friday' and have a long weekend....

wish I thought of that

I never got this. They're happy enough with the 5/2 set up the rest of the time, but give them a 4/3 and then are suddenly gagging for a 3/4 - :confused:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Not getting paid when you supposed to.

That's not trivial, that is a rotten thing to happen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Modern art - what's that about? The kings new clothes I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

disposable nappies and all who use them. worst polluters on the planet

LynnGrace wrote: »
    That's not trivial, that is a rotten thing to happen :(

I think its because of the Eurpean bank holiday yesterday. Thats what they're saying anyway.

• Advertisement

migraines, facial neuralgia, nausea.... a wreck here :mad:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I never got this. They're happy enough with the 5/2 set up the rest of the time, but give them a 4/3 and then are suddenly gagging for a 3/4 - :confused:

give an inch, they take a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BertieBerlin

People who wear their work passes before they get to work, when they're dropping the kids at nursery or school. Grr!

people who cash cheques immediately when you have written, do not cash until eg friday. do they think we are rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who say "Yeah, but no"

Opening a conversation with "Here is what it is, right"

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »

So many unnecessary words creeping in these days. "Well, the thing is right"/ "in any event" etc - feck off.

Also, people who say "yeeeeellow" when they answer the phone :(

Parents trying to be all model parenty in public when they're not reallly like that all the time. We've a neighbour who goes through phases of being all hands on parenting - easter egg hunts and hide and seek in the communal area, yet I've seen him leave his alcoholic wife sitting out in the car park as punishment for coming home late, and overheard him telling his kid to "stop being weird, people will think you're a freak" if he sings or tells a joke :( The other day he came running up behind me with a plastic gun and I held the door for him (best to treat people with guns with the upmost respect!) and he said, "thats ok thanks, we're doing cops and robbers right now!" - like, could he not have just said "thats ok thanks" - and left it at that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I emailed a company last week looking for some information. They didn't reply straight away, so on the 7th day I email to see if I can get the information. The girl (and I am calling her a girl on purpose girls) replies to say that she can find out that information on a monthly basis and that she only provided the information to me the last time as a Favour. Why would you give someone you don't know a favour and shouldn't you tell them that it is a favour rather than something that is normally done. (It took her 2 months to get that information, so technically I wasn't asking on a monthly basis)

1. She should have reply straight away to tell me she was not going to provide me with the information, how long would that take to do.
    2. Why do some girls have an attitude?

Finally this was a person in the PR industry, PR people seem to know nothing. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Elmo wrote: »
    I emailed a company last week looking for some information. They didn't reply straight away, so on the 7th day I email to see if I can get the information. The girl (and I am calling her a girl on purpose girls) replies to say that she can find out that information on a monthly basis and that she only provided the information to me the last time as a Favour. Why would you give someone you don't know a favour and shouldn't you tell them that it is a favour rather than something that is normally done. (It took her 2 months to get that information, so technically I wasn't asking on a monthly basis)

1. She should have reply straight away to tell me she was not going to provide me with the information, how long would that take to do.
    2. Why do some girls have an attitude?

Finally this was a person in the PR industry, PR people seem to know nothing. FFS.

Ohh come on Elmo! :(

52197-picard-double-facepalm-gif-Img-nP5f.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ohh come on Elmo! :(

Why? If it is in relation to the word girl, perhaps child would be better because that is what the person was being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Graces7 wrote: »
    disposable nappies and all who use them. worst polluters on the planet

Research has shown that overall terry/cotton nappies are less environmentally friendly when you take into account the growing process (fertilisers etc), the manufacture of the cloth, and the water & detergents used in washing the soiled nappies. So relax. One less trivial thing to worry about. :)

People who say byebyebyebyebyebye on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

People who wear their work passes before they get to work

Forgetting to take it off after work - I'd never be guilty of before

Seven Worlds will Collide

when you enter a competition or stick your email address on a form without realising your signing up for daily newsletter subscriptions... so every morning your inbox is full of absolute nonsense that you always intend to unsubscribe to but never get around to .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

That must be some form of inception on this thread! A complaint, about complaining in a thread about complaining!!

Oh the irony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That must be some form of inception on this thread! Oh the irony!

What the actual furk is "inception" in this context? Is it the new "strawman", "whataboutery", or saints preserve us, "delicious ironing"?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I heard about 30 seconds of Ozzy Osbourne and his daughter (can't remember her name) doing a duet of his song Changes.
    A week on I can still here them in my head croaking out the chorus...'we're goin' thru chan-gesssss...'
    Somebody shoot me.

Door Etiquette.

Your in work, walking towards the exit at 5pm.. your bus is at 5.05pm.

In general, you hold the door for the person that's walking behind you

There's always one thats strolling and is a good few feet behind you when you reach the door... you want to hold the door for them but they are a good bit away so you hold it for a second while you consider doing a burner... then you realise you look like a di'ck if you let the door swing at that stage.. the person walking towards you shouts ...'ah your grand go ahead' but they are too close now... by the time the door swings closed it'll be closing in their face so you just hold it for them......

And when they reach the door they say thank you... and continue to walk through the exit while you stand there holding the door. They dont put their arm out to retrieve the door from your grip they just stroll through like your the doorman and you get paid to do it.

Then you miss your bus.

PRI'CKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Bad service. So Mr P and I went to Limerick this morning. All going fine until the bus driver sat chatting for ages at the 2nd to last stop. A young tourist and his girlfriend were confused and the lad went up to ask him if it was the last stop. That would have been the time for the driver to cut short his chat and move on to the bus station, he didn't, he just carried on. I left it for a few minutes and then had enough:mad:

I was looking at my watch and this chat had been going on for 10 minutes at that point. Given that the tourist had asked politely and gotten nowhere, I decided to skip polite. We got up and I told him that it was bloody disgraceful, it's a form of transport not a cafe. I fcuking hate the attitude of a LOT of Irish bus drivers.

We went to the usual cafe and ordered 2 coffees a toasted sandwich and a tuna melt at about11.20. That's what we usually order for the last couple of years that we've frequented the place. Well today they no longer serve those until after 12 as they aren't on the breakfast menu:confused::mad:

What is wrong with these businesses? As well as losing the 15 euro we would have spent this morning they have also lost our custom, permanently. We never particularly liked the place, it was just conveniently central. No shortage of other places to go from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Bad service. So Mr P and I went to Limerick this morning.

I had to take a double take of what thread I was in and what was going on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who wear their work passes before they get to work, when they're dropping the kids at nursery or school. Grr!
    I never got that either. It's like they think it makes them special. It's not some sort of VIP pass to somewhere exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

People who bring their dog in around the supermarket with them, and actually think it's an ok thing to do? I don't mean just just inside the door, I mean up and down the aisles.
    Wtf?
    They look at you like you're an alien when you ask them to take the dog outside.
    Surprisingly I'm seeing more and more people doing it.

deise08 wrote: »
    People who bring their dog in around the supermarket with them, and actually think it's an ok thing to do? I don't mean just just inside the door, I mean up and down the aisles.
    Wtf?
    They look at you like you're an alien when you ask them to take the dog outside.

My son does this with his Boston Terrier. He puts her right in the shopping cart and walks up and down the aisles getting his groceries.

My son does this with his Boston Terrier. He puts her right in the shopping cart and walks up and down the aisles getting his groceries.

* Bites her tongue :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Is his name Al, by any chance?

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Is his name Al, by any chance?

Alex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

Anyone else find UPC remotes are boxes to be slow, unresponsive and generally rubbish!!?

If goes back to 'Channel' 100 when I'm trying to press 408 for Sky Sports News!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

I never got that either. It's like they think it makes them special. It's not some sort of VIP pass to somewhere exciting.

Or maybe they put it on before they leave so they don't forget it in the car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Boy racers who speed up and down past houses at 3 in the morning and worse when they start tyre screeching and whatever else. Drives me mad. Just because you can waste your day asleep and waste your night driving like a total spa doesn't mean you need to do it outside houses when there's people trying to sleep.

And cutlery in the wrong part of the cutlery tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I had to take a double take of what thread I was in and what was going on :pac:

Hahaha Mr P you're a long way from Kansas right here!

On another note taking a 12 point hit has quite annoyed me this week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Dog shiite on the streets! I pick up after my dog. Am I the only one who bothers? :(
    That seems to be the case in my area!

• Advertisement

Being wide awake at 6 a.m. on one of the few days I don't have to be up early.

if that were me it would be because else i would lose, mislay or forget it. they are sensible simply. you are too picky!

deise08 wrote: »
    Wtf?

even worse when they leave it tied up outside, or not tied up.

knew someone who did that and forgot the dog

better too than leaving it locked in the car in sun.

no worse surely than small kids

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Another trivial annoyance, people who say/ write 'this is what happened, no?' (translates as 'I'm right').
    Just say or write what you have to say, without the 'no, ?' bit at the end.

Graces7 wrote: »
    even worse when they leave it tied up outside, or not tied up.

knew someone who did that and forgot the dog

better too than leaving it locked in the car in sun.

no worse surely than small kids

Dear God don't get me started on that! If you're going to bring the dog for a walk, bring the dog for a walk. If you need to get stuff in the shop, go get stuff in the shop.
    Don't incorporate the two!!!
    I've actually stopped people from stealing dogs that were tied up outside our shop!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement